Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2011, 07:08 PM   #41
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl7337 View Post
It all sounds petty to me. Don't sweat the small stuff and be happy you are able to go anywhere at all. Lots of people aren't as lucky.

Guess you're not interested in camping during a NASCAR event or motorcycle rally...
Well put!
Idle_Idylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:40 PM   #42
BaronBigDog

I will not assign labels. Anyone that intentionally makes their vehicle noisy wants to be noticed. They will do whatever is necessary to get the attention they so sorely need. You can find this type everywhere. Anywhere from the campground to cruising the streets with the volume so loud that you can hear them a mile away. They belong to a group that simply needs attention. They feed on it.
BaronBigDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronBigDog View Post
I will not assign labels. Anyone that intentionally makes their vehicle noisy wants to be noticed. They will do whatever is necessary to get the attention they so sorely need. You can find this type everywhere. Anywhere from the campground to cruising the streets with the volume so loud that you can hear them a mile away. They belong to a group that simply needs attention. They feed on it.
You dont have to assign a label cause the comment says it all
Not trying to start a war here either - just commenting my .02

I honestly have to beg the differ on this one - My truck is moderatly loud due to the free flowing exhaust which actually get's me between 2 and 3 miles more per gallon which is a significant increase over what I was getting. I dont have my exhaust for attention - if they made a queit free flowing exhaust I would be more then happy to purchase it but they dont.

The one thing I hate about my exhaust is that at 2,000 rpm's I get cabin Drone and those whith the Hemi and an aftermarket exhaust know this very well
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:42 PM   #44
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labzy View Post
I am being considerate of you in understanding that ***** happens and we all are late sometimes, now it is up to you to be considerate of me, and try to keep the noise/interuptions caused by your lateness to a minimum.
In my book this message is right on.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:59 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielflading View Post
How do you pass the state inspection here in Texas with no emissions and no factory installed equip, is it different for Diesels than it is for Gas?
I honestly have never had a problem. Been 4yrs and not had a problem.

Ruben Zamora
2007 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Dmax/Allison, 4" Exhaust-no cat-no muffler
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB
RubenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:03 PM   #46

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl7337 View Post
Guess you're not interested in camping during a NASCAR event or motorcycle rally...
Thats the best time to go camping.

New Hampshire Super Speedway. LOVE IT
and even the race tracks have quiet hours where generators have to be turned off.

Someone pulling in a bit late at night. They still have to set up, and you'd expect lights on and noise. Many grounds won't let you in after a certain time for the fact of excessive noise levels.
We all gotta respect each other.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
I honestly have never had a problem. Been 4yrs and not had a problem.
It depends on the county that you are in. Counties that are in large metro areas have emissions inspections. Rural counties, it is just a safety inspection, lights, brakes, wipers etc.

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie. 5.7 Hemi, Helwig 2500lb springs, Bilstein shocks, Superchips Flashpaq.
chadster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #48

I have a diesel and they are louder than most. I have a Cummins and they are probably the loudest out of all the light truck diesels. I never come in late but I do bass fish and 99% of the time I'm there to fish and leave for the water at or before daylight. I have a programmer on my truck for the extra power and fuel mileage. I have stock exhaust for (for now). To get all the benefits from the programmer and to keep my EGT's down I am getting an aftermarket exhaust. I will tell you that the ONLY reason I still have the stock exhaust is because of the camping. I for one love my peace and quiet when camping. There are exhausts on the market that are free flowing and quiet and 90% of the loud diesels are loud because they are either too cheap to buy them or like someone already said, they want attention. The real funny thing is that 90% of these loud diesels are like a lot of dogs I know, (All bark and no bite) Respect is what the bottom line is and there ain't very much of it now days.
transamz9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:35 PM   #49

Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:44 AM   #50
(Kim)

Pettiness is so relative......

I think we all were brought up by our parents with a list of etiquette 'dos' and 'don'ts'.
I'm not sure exactly where this list came from or if it even really exists, but you all know the one......... it includes stuff like:

Keep your feet off the dinner table.
No picking your nose in public.
Don't stare.
No cutting in line.
Hold the door open for the person behind you.
Don't interupt people when they talk.
No phone calls during dinner hours.
No excessive outside noise after 10pm....
and so on..........

LOL, I am not sure if I ever heard anything about exhaust pipes being mentioned on this list...........unless it falls under one of the other categories???
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:52 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by transamz9 View Post
There are exhausts on the market that are free flowing and quiet and 90% of the loud diesels are loud because they are either too cheap to buy them or like someone already said, they want attention. The real funny thing is that 90% of these loud diesels are like a lot of dogs I know, (All bark and no bite) Respect is what the bottom line is and there ain't very much of it now days.
Can you recommend a quiet exhaust that are equal to if not more free flowing than a straight through Turbo Back system I doubt it. If it has a Cat or Muffler it will restrict. That's just the nature of the beast. I actually however kind of hate the drone I get when towing though so I may end up keeping the cat off but putting a muffler.

Ruben Zamora
2007 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Dmax/Allison, 4" Exhaust-no cat-no muffler
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB
RubenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:56 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
Can you recommend a quiet exhaust that are equal to if not more free flowing than a straight through Turbo Back system I doubt it. If it has a Cat or Muffler it will restrict. That's just the nature of the beast. I actually however kind of hate the drone I get when towing though so I may end up keeping the cat off but putting a muffler.
Honestly I don't know how hot you are running but I dought that you are in need of straight through unless you are turning a 1000 HP. I good 4" after market system is way more than is needed on a mildly tune truck. I would put water to it or put a bigger turbo on it before I would go straight through. I didn't look but one site and it has some systems that I think would probably be plenty. Backpressure reduction of 98% and 176% more flow than stock. Don't think a street truck is going to need more than that.
transamz9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:02 AM   #53
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labzy View Post
Pettiness is so relative......

I think we all were brought up by our parents with a list of etiquette 'dos' and 'don'ts'.
I'm not sure exactly where this list came from or if it even really exists, but you all know the one......... it includes stuff like:

Keep your feet off the dinner table.
No picking your nose in public.
Don't stare.
No cutting in line.
Hold the door open for the person behind you.
Don't interupt people when they talk.
No phone calls during dinner hours.
No excessive outside noise after 10pm....
and so on..........

LOL, I am not sure if I ever heard anything about exhaust pipes being mentioned on this list...........unless it falls under one of the other categories???

Yeah, it's in the category "Something else to complain about". Reading some of these petty complaints are rediculous. If the site holder next to me thought my truck was to loud, I would want to know and I'd try to relocate. These cronic cry babies I steer clear from.
I will agree, after 10 pm it's quiet time and noise is kept to a minimum. Even tent campers arriving late night can be a pain, with there vehicles high beams on and tent poles clanging and so on. CGs shouldn't even let new arrivals in that late but instead have them stage near the office to wait until 7am to check in. But hey, that's camping!
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote