Old 11-01-2011, 08:00 AM   #31

We are able to get out of town early most times, but we have friends who get stuck way late in the evening before they can leave. They have arrived late at night, and try to be quiet. I know they just want to get there and enjoy the weekend camping, and relax. I understand the noise of the muffler, but sometimes its hard to get there during the "idea" times. We all have the same goal in mind, to enjoy our time with friends, camping, and relaxing.

2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #32

I'm guilty My Diesel is a straight through exhaust no CAT and no Muffler. WHY because it drops my EGT's dramatically when towing. however, I never arrive after 10 at a campsite. It's more annoying when people own these big trailers and don't know how to back them up! Thats MORE ANNOYING. We were at Lake Catherine S.P in Arkansas last week and I swear some guy took 30 min to get his 5th wheel in his spot. Thats because there was the bathroom parking lot directly in front giving him way more than enough room to straighten out and backup. They should start to require a training before people buy ANY TYPE of RV.

Ruben Zamora
2007 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Dmax/Allison, 4" Exhaust-no cat-no muffler
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB
RubenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:42 AM   #33

We camp mainly in state campgrounds. They are close and easy, that means less travel, less cost, and more camping. We like camping more that traveling.

With that being said, we have found a direct relation of price to rude people. The cheaper the camp, the louder and more rowdy. Party people want cheap and easy too.

If we want peace and quiet, usually you need to pass the $50 a night point. After that point, people don't want to risk losing their money if they get kicked out, so it weeds out a lot of people who don't obey the rules.

So we get to choose, cheap and easy and take people as they are, and sometimes you find some great people, or, spend more for peace and usually more rules which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It keeps things quit and clean.

Pay your money and pick your poison.

And yes, sometimes we are ALL the ones irritating our neighbors. It's unavoidable, people are different. It just depends on which side of the fence you're looking from.

And as Jeff Foxworthy said, if your house has wheels, you may be a redneck. 😄

I know I am and I have lived in the north my whole life. Northern born, Southern raised.

Just my 2 cents
Happy camping
Old 11-01-2011, 12:01 PM   #34
(Kim)

I am being considerate of you in understanding that ***** happens and we all are late sometimes, now it is up to you to be considerate of me, and try to keep the noise/interuptions caused by your lateness to a minimum.
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:46 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
I'm guilty My Diesel is a straight through exhaust no CAT and no Muffler. WHY because it drops my EGT's dramatically when towing. however, I never arrive after 10 at a campsite. It's more annoying when people own these big trailers and don't know how to back them up! Thats MORE ANNOYING. We were at Lake Catherine S.P in Arkansas last week and I swear some guy took 30 min to get his 5th wheel in his spot. Thats because there was the bathroom parking lot directly in front giving him way more than enough room to straighten out and backup. They should start to require a training before people buy ANY TYPE of RV.

How do you pass the state inspection here in Texas with no emissions and no factory installed equip, is it different for Diesels than it is for Gas?
Old 11-01-2011, 03:30 PM   #36

lol when I was taking my 6 month policing course I had a room mate who would come in at about 2am to 3 am on a regular basis and polish his boots, listen to his head banger music and study for the next days exams.
When I asked him one morning about 3 weeks after his unthoughtfullness, what he though the was doing he said "just roll over old man and put a pillow over your head."
The next time he did it I let him get to sleep at about 330 am and I got up starting to iron my uniform, play music and do my boots, make my bed, etc.
Did that for about a week having slept from about 930 pm until when he came in.
PT was a killer at 5 am for him with .5 hours of sleep every day.
Fighting fire with fire since 2000.
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:41 PM   #37

It all sounds petty to me. Don't sweat the small stuff and be happy you are able to go anywhere at all. Lots of people aren't as lucky.

Guess you're not interested in camping during a NASCAR event or motorcycle rally...
Old 11-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl7337
It all sounds petty to me. Don't sweat the small stuff and be happy you are able to go anywhere at all. Lots of people aren't as lucky.

Guess you're not interested in camping during a NASCAR event or motorcycle rally...
Are there quiet hours at a NASCAR event?

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:48 PM   #39

one would expect loud noise at a rally or race, but not at a CG after 10pm. I have camped at MC rallies before and it is expected to have loud noise all night but at a CG I would like some quiet time also.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:59 PM   #40

I consider myself a Redneck - I work outside and my neck gets burned on a regular basis, I own a 4 wheel drive with Headers and now semi loud pipe.

I try not to enter the campground after quiet hours but since I work during the week sometimes it is hard to get my last minute packing (Cold Items) in the camper and drive in time to enter the camp ground before quiet hours - one thing I can say is the headers and semi louder exhaust helps my gas mileage - I do try to minimize my foot on the gas so it doesnt roar thru the park and as long as I keep my foot out of it - the exhaust noise is kept to a minumum.

I do have to agree with the part about hook up the water and electrical and wait till morning to finish up and unhook from the truck - I have done that a few times when I arrive at night because I usually get put next to a Hybrid camper

USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote