Old 11-03-2011, 09:52 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by transamz9 View Post
There are exhausts on the market that are free flowing and quiet and 90% of the loud diesels are loud because they are either too cheap to buy them or like someone already said, they want attention. The real funny thing is that 90% of these loud diesels are like a lot of dogs I know, (All bark and no bite) Respect is what the bottom line is and there ain't very much of it now days.
Can you recommend a quiet exhaust that are equal to if not more free flowing than a straight through Turbo Back system I doubt it. If it has a Cat or Muffler it will restrict. That's just the nature of the beast. I actually however kind of hate the drone I get when towing though so I may end up keeping the cat off but putting a muffler.

Ruben Zamora
2007 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Dmax/Allison, 4" Exhaust-no cat-no muffler
2012 Palomino Puma 23FB
RubenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
Can you recommend a quiet exhaust that are equal to if not more free flowing than a straight through Turbo Back system I doubt it. If it has a Cat or Muffler it will restrict. That's just the nature of the beast. I actually however kind of hate the drone I get when towing though so I may end up keeping the cat off but putting a muffler.
Honestly I don't know how hot you are running but I dought that you are in need of straight through unless you are turning a 1000 HP. I good 4" after market system is way more than is needed on a mildly tune truck. I would put water to it or put a bigger turbo on it before I would go straight through. I didn't look but one site and it has some systems that I think would probably be plenty. Backpressure reduction of 98% and 176% more flow than stock. Don't think a street truck is going to need more than that.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:02 AM   #53
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labzy View Post
Pettiness is so relative......

I think we all were brought up by our parents with a list of etiquette 'dos' and 'don'ts'.
I'm not sure exactly where this list came from or if it even really exists, but you all know the one......... it includes stuff like:

Keep your feet off the dinner table.
No picking your nose in public.
Don't stare.
No cutting in line.
Hold the door open for the person behind you.
Don't interupt people when they talk.
No phone calls during dinner hours.
No excessive outside noise after 10pm....
and so on..........

LOL, I am not sure if I ever heard anything about exhaust pipes being mentioned on this list...........unless it falls under one of the other categories???

Yeah, it's in the category "Something else to complain about". Reading some of these petty complaints are rediculous. If the site holder next to me thought my truck was to loud, I would want to know and I'd try to relocate. These cronic cry babies I steer clear from.
I will agree, after 10 pm it's quiet time and noise is kept to a minimum. Even tent campers arriving late night can be a pain, with there vehicles high beams on and tent poles clanging and so on. CGs shouldn't even let new arrivals in that late but instead have them stage near the office to wait until 7am to check in. But hey, that's camping!

05CrewDually is online now   Reply With Quote