Old 08-19-2014, 04:21 PM   #11

I hear ya steel... for what it's worth we were not staying at the state park... but a local private campground

SOLD - 2012 Salem Cruise Lite 281BHXL
SOLD - 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 QCLB Cummins
shorthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:38 PM   #12
Site Team

Many of us have experienced other campers walking through our sites as a shortcut. I even had people walked between my TT and the picnic table while we were having dinner.

At one campground my picnic table was not too far from the next site's over. While breaking camp the guy used my table to hold his wet sewer items after dumping the tanks.

Sometimes you have to nicely educate other campers but be smart enough to know when it's a total waste of effort. Continue teaching your children etiquette. More people respecting others is always welcome.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:41 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
It would bother me. You pay for a site and that site should be yours for the period you paid for it. I have experienced the same as you. wasn't much I could do about it though. I always try to scope out the site before I commit now.

Well said and to the point. I couldn't agree more.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:56 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
Yeah, I've been in that boat. Had one site where a kid drove his muddy bike across the outdoor carpet I was in the middle of laying down. I had to actually jump out of his way to avoid being hit. His friends were at least chastising him, as they also proceeded to ride their bikes through my site (but at least off the carpet).

That seems to stop once I let the dogs out of the truck and have them on their cable though. People seem to be leery of cutting too close to 70 lb Weimaraner, even though she's just a sweetheart.

we just stayed at a spot in peterborough that was very tight, awning almost touched the trailer beside us. We didn't have a choice on the park as we were joining others that had rented cottages from this resort. At the end of the week our nieghbor who are seasonal campers made a point to come over and tell us that we could camp beside them anytime. They could not believe that our kids were 2.5 and 4.5. This is the ultimate compliment to any parent. We make a point when walking around the camp grounds with our kids to remind them of the rules, sometimes I even start to take a short cut to test them, they usually stop me before.

I guess its all in the way you were brought up, this is a direct result on how you bring up your kids. Respect is taught and followed.

Now, any pics of your pooch? My wife's fav dog is a Weimaraner! she would love to have one, unfortunately we have 2 pooches already
Old 08-19-2014, 04:57 PM   #15
Site Team

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
At one campground my picnic table was not too far from the next site's over. While breaking camp the guy used my table to hold his wet sewer items after dumping the tanks.
That actually reminds me of the one time I may have broken the etiquette protocols. We were packing up to go home on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, (not having the Monday off for us Canadians) and we were tight next to another trailer. Their table was literally touching our hydro post kind of tight, and was within like 4' of my sewer outlet.

Well, being a holiday weekend for them, they were enjoying a nice leisurely brunch. I know it's against etiquette, so I held off on dumping the tanks. And held off, and held off.... Eventually I ran out of other things to do. The entire trailer was packed up, I was hitched up, and I still hadn't dumped. This was now going on 12 o'clock. Check out was at supposed to be at 11 am so I was already late and I still had a 6 hour drive in front of us to make it to my nephew's first communion at 4. So, apologizing profusely, I went ahead and dumped while they were just finishing up brunch.

They said they didn't mind, but I'm sure I've become the "Can you believe the nerve..." subject for them to tell other people down the lines.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:12 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiigDaddy View Post
camping etiquette!

This has been discussed before and my absolute favorite solution is from Campin Cajun. He is post #3 on that thread. It's pure genius!

From now own I will always have a bag if trash handy and will not hesitate to follow Campin Cajun solution no doubt it will work they won't come back if for no other reason thy think you are crazy... As you say "it's pure genius"
Old 08-19-2014, 05:17 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
That actually reminds me of the one time I may have broken the etiquette protocols. We were packing up to go home on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, (not having the Monday off for us Canadians) and we were tight next to another trailer. Their table was literally touching our hydro post kind of tight, and was within like 4' of my sewer outlet.

Well, being a holiday weekend for them, they were enjoying a nice leisurely brunch. I know it's against etiquette, so I held off on dumping the tanks. And held off, and held off.... Eventually I ran out of other things to do. The entire trailer was packed up, I was hitched up, and I still hadn't dumped. This was now going on 12 o'clock. Check out was at supposed to be at 11 am so I was already late and I still had a 6 hour drive in front of us to make it to my nephew's first communion at 4. So, apologizing profusely, I went ahead and dumped while they were just finishing up brunch.

They said they didn't mind, but I'm sure I've become the "Can you believe the nerve..." subject for them to tell other people down the lines.
The fact that you waited as long as possible and did ask them about it first said a lot about your character & etiquette. You can be my campsite neighbor any time.

Once while staying at a KOA campground a neighbor returned back at his site sometime after midnight towing his TH. When he found a truck parked in the driveway he started blowing the truck horn non-stop until the truck owner came running. The next morning the only thing he said to me was that they were tired from racing all night and just wanted to set up and get to bed.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:12 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorthorn View Post
I just finished a 4 day trip to... let's say the Indiana Dunes area... the wife, kids, and I had a wonderful time... loved the area and attractions .. however... we stayed at a campground which was very tight. As in my picnic table was within a few feet of the next camper sewer hose... that was annoying enough. To make matters worse we were placed right in front of the bathhouse and had to deal with every Tom dick and Harry walking thru our campsite (mind u from right side of my camper to left side of next was not more than 10-12 feet)... In fact at one point a young man and his friend literally stepped over our 3 yr old playing trucks on the ground!

Am I over reacting here? Wouldn't this bother anyone else?
I would have asked the camper next to me if I could tie a rope between the campers to stop traffic. Really rude to walk through the camp site. I relate it to someone walking through my back yard.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:16 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiigDaddy View Post
camping etiquette!

This has been discussed before and my absolute favorite solution is from Campin Cajun. He is post #3 on that thread. It's pure genius!
Very funny, I can always use a trash man.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:21 PM   #20

I am not a fan of the campgrounds that cram you in with your awning practically touching the back side of the next guy. Just hate to eat on top of the guy pulling his black tank valve.

As for the clowns cutting thru your site an jumping over your kids. You just cannot fix stupid.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg