Old 08-29-2016, 07:54 AM   #1

Campground in Cape May!

Hey folks,

Just a quick note to give an update about a clean, well maintained, no frills campground in Cape May, NJ. It is the Depot Travel Park and really seems to cater to adults. I had my 40th Lower Cape May HS reunion this past weekend and had reservations at the Cape May KOA. I cancelled that a few weeks ago after reading reviews and getting bumped from my full hook up site because they SOLD it. I contacted the Depot and they could get me in. Full disclosure, the owner is one of my high school classmates but I didn't know that before we checked in and I saw her behind the desk! We stayed in site 143 which was an end site with trees. It was a decent size. We had water, electric and cable. The campground was very clean and well maintained. The bathhouse/laundry looked like it had been remodeled and was very clean. Speeding (over 5mph) is strictly enforced as are the quiet hours. No camp store. It is a mile from the beach which may be far for some to walk but perfect for bikes. Very convenient to downtown and the beach.

Some areas seem pretty tight but if your intention is to use this as a base to see Cape May/Wildwood, so what. Oh yeah, no pool either. Like
I said, not a real "family" campground but they did have a nice playground.

We will be back there again. For sure.

Marty

Old 08-29-2016, 08:39 PM   #2

MODS!!! Please strike this post!!!

Don't need anyone else knowing about the Depot Travel Park. Please direct all camping inquiries about Cape May to the CG's up Rt 9 in Cape May County.

The Depot is a true hidden gem. It is the only place we camp in Cape May. We have been there at least 4 times over the past years. I had a chance to sit with the owner this past visit over the 4th of July weekend... His family has owned and operated that property since the end of WWII. They do not accept credit cards, they only take reservations over the phone, they don't have/or need a pool or a fancy playground....you are in Cape May... go to the beach.

2014 Rockwood Ultralight 8312SS Diamond Edition
2011 F150 Super Crew 4x4 5.0L - Traded!
2016 F350 Lariat Ultimate Super Duty Crew Cab 4X4
Northern NJ - God Bless America!
dieselbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 06:12 PM   #3

Lol!
Old 08-30-2016, 07:43 PM   #4

Old 08-31-2016, 02:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselbobcat View Post
MODS!!! Please strike this post!!!

Don't need anyone else knowing about the Depot Travel Park. Please direct all camping inquiries about Cape May to the CG's up Rt 9 in Cape May County.

The Depot is a true hidden gem. It is the only place we camp in Cape May. We have been there at least 4 times over the past years. I had a chance to sit with the owner this past visit over the 4th of July weekend... His family has owned and operated that property since the end of WWII. They do not accept credit cards, they only take reservations over the phone, they don't have/or need a pool or a fancy playground....you are in Cape May... go to the beach.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:54 PM   #6
Wyn

We have been seasonal at Depot for the past 9 years and were transient for many years prior, it is a clean, well run campground. The beach and down town Cape May is only a mile away. Once there, park the car and bicycle to the beach. It doesn't get much better than that.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:52 PM   #7

Thanks! We live in Westchester County NY and Cape May would be a reasonable drive.

2014 Wildwood x-lite 185br
towed by 2013 Ram 1500

Tags
mpg