Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2010, 07:59 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to BENTE
Campin Eggers

well it has been awhile since i posted a thread about a trip.

this all started out for me at Eggtoberfest 2009 in atlanta georgia. Eggtoberfest is a gathering of big green eggers. it hapens every october. i participate on their forum on a daily basis and have made numerous friends from across the country. since big green eggs headquarters are in atlanta they throw a party so everyone can get together. this last year i got to talking to a friend of mine from tampa florida about camping. he has a web site he puts photos and tips on camping. and since i am fairly new to this camping thing i started questioning him. welll this turned into a lets go camping conversation. we ended up getting 5 sites at Watsadler Campground on lake hartwell in hartwell georgia. one guy came from florida two came from atlanta and one other couple from here in anderson. we had such a good time we have already reserved a campground loop for next spring. even tho i my camper is a 09 it was the oldest one there.two were tent campers. but we are all eggheads. here is a photo of all the eggs lined up

i have been having computer issues so i was not johnny on the spot with the camera this time but i did get one group shot

and a real funny story.. as i mentioned earlier we had been planning this for some time and during one of the conversation with the guy from florida i mentioned that if we run out of food the campground is close enough to hartwell georgia that you can order a pizza and pizza hut will deliver it to your camper.. well the guy from florida heard that his wheels started turning.. so he decided to pull a prank on one of the guys from atlanta. since we are all eggers we cook pizza on the grill all the time and a trip from pizza hut would be pretty embarrasing. so we ordered a pizza and all of us gathered at his site to wait on it. he did not know it was comming and when the pizza guy walked around the corner and asked for "kim"{ he rolled his eyes and said "oh no ya'll got me".. it was perhaps one of the funniest things i have been around for a long time.. and the poor pizza guy looked at us like we all had 3 heads but he was very nice and did not say a word about the bunch of weirdos taking pictures of him giving as pizza to a guy.. still makes me laugh now

here is the mastermind and his victim

like i said it was alot of fun and i am looking forward to the next trip with my fellow eggers...

tb

2009 Wildwood 26tbss
Nights Camped in 2010 38
BENTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:38 PM   #2

milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:58 PM   #3

Been just to rainy and lousy up here to even lift the lid on our egg. I think there is a whole eco-system growing in there now. I'm gonna have to get a good hot fire going in it when the sun finally comes out.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:01 PM   #4

that will deffinatly get rid of your mold colony you proabably got growing in there..

since you live up there where it rains alot you proabably have more mold worries than most people do..
since i fire up one of my eggs 4-5 time a week i dont have that problem

tb

2009 Wildwood 26tbss
Nights Camped in 2010 38
Old 06-07-2010, 09:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENTE View Post
that will deffinatly get rid of your mold colony you proabably got growing in there..

since you live up there where it rains alot you proabably have more mold worries than most people do..
since i fire up one of my eggs 4-5 time a week i dont have that problem
I just hope that none of the Birkenstock werin', tree hugin', save the owls, eco-weinies up here sees me killing the mold in my egg or they will start picketing my house in protest.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #6

tell them you are using hardwood lump charcoal that releases the carbon the tree took in during its life and maybe some of them will leave

tb

2009 Wildwood 26tbss
Nights Camped in 2010 38