Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2015, 06:55 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
 
ColoradoRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 953
Yep we are in our winter hibernation here in Colorado.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1447977355.034383.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	94624
__________________

__________________
Rick & Karen
(Retired USAF, MSgt)
Monument, Colorado
6-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 11:35 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
rmac04401's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Adams County, PA
Posts: 1,989
Wow hope it's a while before that stuff comes.
__________________

__________________
2016 Grey Wolf 26rr
2005 Honda VTX 1300
2012 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed
5.7L Hemi, 3:73 Rear
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 03:13 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 497
Our fiver has been on the shop for two months, getting her back tomorrow. First trip won't be until January 21 due to working retail. Love living in the south and camping year round.
__________________
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 01:25 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
rmac04401's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Adams County, PA
Posts: 1,989
We will be in Kissimmee that week for the rally so I'm anxious for that week also.
__________________
2016 Grey Wolf 26rr
2005 Honda VTX 1300
2012 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed
5.7L Hemi, 3:73 Rear
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 01:49 PM   #15
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Leave'n this Saturday for 4 months! 70's today in Quartzsite, Ar......Then come back in April, spend 6 weeks here, then off to the Mayberry, NC rally
__________________
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 02:13 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
leefl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 454
We just took a trip to GA over thanksgiving, and we're already getting impatient for our trip to FL panhandle between xmas and new years. So much so that we just booked a short trip to Ft Myers for the MLK day weekend.
Unfortunately I think it's going to be a long stretch from then 'til our next trip, since I'm saving up PTO (and my sabbatical) for a long roadtrip in the summer (which we're still planning)
__________________
2015 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 8281WS
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat CrewCab, 4x4, 6.2L V8
leefl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 02:41 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
rmac04401's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Adams County, PA
Posts: 1,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by leefl View Post
We just took a trip to GA over thanksgiving, and we're already getting impatient for our trip to FL panhandle between xmas and new years. So much so that we just booked a short trip to Ft Myers for the MLK day weekend.

Unfortunately I think it's going to be a long stretch from then 'til our next trip, since I'm saving up PTO (and my sabbatical) for a long roadtrip in the summer (which we're still planning)

I bet it's nice to be in FL to camp year round, I guess if you can find a place with all the snow birds down there.
__________________
2016 Grey Wolf 26rr
2005 Honda VTX 1300
2012 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed
5.7L Hemi, 3:73 Rear
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 08:31 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
leefl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
I bet it's nice to be in FL to camp year round, I guess if you can find a place with all the snow birds down there.
Yeah, finding a site is definitely tricky. Most of the RV-friendly sites at the state parks are pretty booked up (because they're cheap), and even most of the more expensive RV parks, especially down south or by the coast, are booked too.

'tis nice to be able to get away year round tho'.

Booked into Milton KOA (near Pensacola) for xmas/new-year break, and to Woodsmoke Camping Resort (near Ft Myers) for MLK day weekend. Really impatient for both trips

Hoping it won't be too cold in the FL panhandle. Avg low for that time of year is 41F, but has been known to go as low as 14F overnight.
We'll keep an eye on the weather forecast to decide how much we need to improve the pipe/duct insulation etc.
__________________
2015 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 8281WS
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat CrewCab, 4x4, 6.2L V8
leefl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:33 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
rmac04401's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Adams County, PA
Posts: 1,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by leefl View Post
Yeah, finding a site is definitely tricky. Most of the RV-friendly sites at the state parks are pretty booked up (because they're cheap), and even most of the more expensive RV parks, especially down south or by the coast, are booked too.



'tis nice to be able to get away year round tho'.



Booked into Milton KOA (near Pensacola) for xmas/new-year break, and to Woodsmoke Camping Resort (near Ft Myers) for MLK day weekend. Really impatient for both trips



Hoping it won't be too cold in the FL panhandle. Avg low for that time of year is 41F, but has been known to go as low as 14F overnight.

We'll keep an eye on the weather forecast to decide how much we need to improve the pipe/duct insulation etc.

I was stationed at Eglin AFB in the early 80's I remember one Christmas being at beach because weather was so nice.
__________________
2016 Grey Wolf 26rr
2005 Honda VTX 1300
2012 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed
5.7L Hemi, 3:73 Rear
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 10:51 PM   #20
I go RV'ing not Camping
 
jgourlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Lethbridge, Ab, Canada
Posts: 1,474
I am patiently waiting the 6 months till my next camping trip. Yes I'm a campaholic
__________________

__________________
312QBUD Owners Thread
2015 Wildwood Heritage Glen 312QBUD
2000 Chev 2500 Extended Cab 6 Liter
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camping

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 AM.