Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2015, 11:04 PM   #21

We were going to Broken Bow Oklahoma on the 26th for a few days of fly fishing, but unexpected family visits will keep us home until January 2...

For the OP... two words... Move south!

Sorry, couldn't resist!
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:51 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
We were going to Broken Bow Oklahoma on the 26th for a few days of fly fishing, but unexpected family visits will keep us home until January 2...

For the OP... two words... Move south!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Once I retire I will. Need to wait till old enough for pension to live off
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:26 AM   #23

Being from Manitoba, I'm parked until May. If that's not bad enough, I parked it where I can see it from our dining room table! Dam.
larryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:53 AM   #24

Hi. My name is Ken and I'm a campaholic.

I first admitted to my addiction a few winters back when I found myself going out to the camper in the middle of winter. I would wear several layers of clothing and jackets, grab a beer and sit in the camper either watching TV with the electric fireplace running, or just fiddle around with something I would convince myself need be done before the first trip of the spring.

After a while, I found that did not quench my thirst to be out camping. I found myself hiding in my office or bedroom paging through the various camping magazines that I would sneak into the house.

I really discovered I was out of control when I would go on line and look for items to purchase for the camper and actually start buying them. The bank account dwindled and the DW confronted me and made me admit to my problem.

Now that I have admitted to the problem, I try not to spend much money buying items on line throughout the winter, and I try to make less frequent trips out to sit in it.

But I am here to say that the craving never really goes away.

Thank you for listening.

Ken
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:03 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryo View Post
Being from Manitoba, I'm parked until May. If that's not bad enough, I parked it where I can see it from our dining room table! Dam.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1449237731.523329.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	292.0 KB
ID:	95557

Here is a pic for you you probably have seen it. I feel your pain mine is in driveway so everyday I leave and come home it beckons me.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:07 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post

I first admitted to my addiction a few winters back when I found myself going out to the camper in the middle of winter. I would wear several layers of clothing and jackets, grab a beer and sit in the camper either watching TV with the electric fireplace running, or just fiddle around with something I would convince myself need be done before the first trip of the spring.

After a while, I found that did not quench my thirst to be out camping. I found myself hiding in my office or bedroom paging through the various camping magazines that I would sneak into the house.

I really discovered I was out of control when I would go on line and look for items to purchase for the camper and actually start buying them. The bank account dwindled and the DW confronted me and made me admit to my problem.

Now that I have admitted to the problem, I try not to spend much money buying items on line throughout the winter, and I try to make less frequent trips out to sit in it.

Thank you for listening.

Ken

Welcome ken. We all know how you feel. I sneak out to camper after wife goes to bed. It's sad I know. Even if I just stand in there for a few minutes. Do they have a pill or shot?

Old 12-04-2015, 09:38 AM   #27

Quote:

Thank you for listening.

Ken
You are not alone. I do the same thing. I have gone out to my camper nearly everyday making improvements and enjoying the peace and quiet. You just need to tell your wife you are not enjoying yourself. You are really out there to keep the mice out!

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
1996 Holiday Rambler
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:43 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryo View Post

I hear ya!!

Mines sitting at can am. At least I don't have to look at it everyday!!!

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Old 12-04-2015, 09:50 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHwy61 View Post
You are not alone. I do the same thing. I have gone out to my camper nearly everyday making improvements and enjoying the peace and quiet. You just need to tell your wife you are not enjoying yourself. You are really out there to keep the mice out!
Great minds think alike. That's the excuse I started using last winter and so far it's still working
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:27 PM   #30

While I would love to winter camp if the TT was already on site, I have no desire to brave icy WV hills to drive to a destination.

But, I use it everyday as my decompression chamber after work. I keep musical instruments, jigsaw puzzles, books etc. in it, and have a really comfy double sleeping bag on the queen bed that makes the TT a great napping place.

I live on a riverbank anyway, with great views out the window, so who needs to go anywhere? (Until that camping itch kicks in come March.)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20151121_174935909.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	433.8 KB
ID:	95591   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151107_085020739_HDR.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	347.4 KB
ID:	95592  

-Laura 2016 Shasta Oasis 18BH & 2015 Ram 1500 Hemi
actadh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 11:14 PM   #31

We were feeling withdrawal symptoms last week so my wife and I went to our camper which is in storage, fired up the generator, turned on the heater, and spent some quality alone time. An afternoon nap never felt so good!

I'm in Colorado and it won't be till late April before we take it out again.
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 09:19 AM   #32

Welcome Ron. Your in a good place. The first step is admitting you have a problem. I once went on a multiple state many day camping bender that involved my entire family. It was awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 06:21 PM   #33
Retired

WOW 8 weeks until you head to Florida???? Moving from Maine to western Mass doesn't shorten the end of hibernation season. We just got turned on to RV'g when we lead the Windjammer to the wintering cave. First time I am really waiting for spring to arrive. Until then its ice fishing, snowmobiling and keeping the wood stove stoked.

Name:   ice fishing.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  6.8 KB

Name:	IMG_1744.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	431.8 KB
ID:	95737
Happy Trials to all you who live in warmer climates
Old 12-07-2015, 07:03 PM   #34
The Wayfarers

Quote:

Ken
Oh my. We found this post quite amuzing. Isn't this most of us ! Planning all the new mods we want to do and dreaming of the places we wish we could be. Happy Holidays Ken and DW
Days camped 2015:98 Az, Chi,Mn,N.D.,Mt,Id! Wa, Or,Ca
2016 camped 118 Az,Chi,In,Mi,Oh,Ny,Vt,NH,M
2017 camped 88 az,Chi,Mo,Ok,Nm,Co,
2018 Ok, Ks, Ia,Mn, Ill,Wi, Mi, In, Mo, Ak,Tx & N.M.f
Palletbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 10:43 PM   #35

It's probably a sad sign that I'm looking forward to our camping trip right after Xmas, more than Xmas itself ;-)
Been booking up sites for our summer epic roadtrip. 6 sites booked, 13 more to book !
Old 12-08-2015, 11:14 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefl View Post
It's probably a sad sign that I'm looking forward to our camping trip right after Xmas, more than Xmas itself ;-)

Been booking up sites for our summer epic roadtrip. 6 sites booked, 13 more to book !

I know your feeling. We are taking ours out on nice trip in January. Wish it was next week.

Old 12-09-2015, 03:29 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
We were feeling withdrawal symptoms last week so my wife and I went to our camper which is in storage, fired up the generator, turned on the heater, and spent some quality alone time. An afternoon nap never felt so good!

I'm in Colorado and it won't be till late April before we take it out again.
Well, you've got to run the generator every once and a while, and the propane may just freeze up if you don't use it! We just got our new MH this last spring, and tried to get out every chance possible, even if it was for one night. Last trip with the awesome COA group at the very end of October.

So even though the MH is out in the middle of the storage lot, it turns out that there's a lot of hard work needed over the winter - I've got a towel rack and a bunch of Command hooks that aren't going to install themselves.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:18 AM   #38

I visited yesterday (to install a TV bought in black Friday sales).
Next visit probably won't be until weekend before Xmas (will be installing some pipe and duct insulation)
At least I can console myself with the thought that the weekend after that we'll be camping
Old 12-10-2015, 08:34 AM   #39

[QUOTE=Steelframer;1039014]After more than 40 years of dealing with the 'White stuff', freezing my A## off, I sold the Stick and bricks in Wisconsin and moved to my 'New to me' stick and brick in Beautiful South Georgia.
Now I can be one of those 'annoying people' who talk about going camping all year long.

We lived in Wisconsin for 43 years and moved to Arizona in 2010 and love the weather!! Yeh it gets very hot in the summer but that's when we travel!
Couldn't take the cold weather for the LOOOOONG winters!
Old 12-10-2015, 04:03 PM   #40
Retired

I forgot to mention the bottom pic of post #33 was taken Thanksgiving day back home.
This thread has me so worked up about not camping for the next 5 months I just couldn't stand not seeing the Windjammer parked in our yard so I took a ride to see how it was dealing with hibernating....much better than I. I opened the door to a wonderful aroma of peppermint. Unfortunately I couldn't fire up the heat and watch TV but for a fleeting moment I was in a warmer place...oh well retirement IS just around the conner.

Name:	IMAG0639.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	95942

Happy Trails

Tags
camping