Old 08-30-2016, 10:04 AM   #21
A few weeks ago, met an Oregon State Park camp host, that spends 5 to 6 months with his dog, camping and hosting. Says he really enjoys doing this since his wife passed away a few years ago and has met a lot of people, making new friends.

The wife and I are planning on becoming park hosts at some of the Washington and Oregon camping parks in a year of or two.

2016 Forest River Heritage Glen 276RLIS
2012 Chevrolet Silverado LT 3500HD Duramax
Pasco, Washington
41ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:12 AM   #22
I have to agree, we have property in McCall Idaho and sometimes being by your self is wonderful. Our kids are 30+ and living on there own and my better half is still working. So I along with Lucy our Pudelpointer headed up to the mountains three days before everyone else showed up for the 4th of July weekend. The quiet time was wonderful. As it was stated before people watching, taking naps, riding my mountain bike, I did not have time to be bored.

Bob and Anita K
2017 Coachmen Apex Ultra-lite 215 RBK
2010 F 150 (Big Red)
Love to communicate via the airwaves
WT7E (Ham Radio)
BobandAnitaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:30 AM   #23
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Women can't even go to the bathroom alone! It's true, don't sneer at me! LOL

Men don't want ANY help doing anything, especially going to the bathroom! Men don't mind being alone.

Besides, when I'm alone, I'm always with almost all of my friends!
I beg your pardon!! I'm a female and like to be alone. I have been going camping alone for years, and no, I'm not weird or antisocial or whatever. As a matter of fact I can't stand the "helpless female" act, I prefer the independence of relying on myself. And I enjoy the solitude.
KAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 06:04 PM   #24
I always camped dog begs to differ..she is with me! I crochet, read, explore, and my little Janome Jem, sewing machine is with me also, I piece quilts, usually outside! I have never felt afraid. Hubby retired a few months not sure how this will change things. He was never really into camping
2005 American Sport -Went seasonal 2012 Irish Hills, Michigan
strut526 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 06:10 PM   #25
I have camped for the past twenty years without another human in the tent or trailer with me (in the past ten years, there has always been a dog or two with me). And never camped at a private campground, and very very seldom in a NP. My camping is either in a FS or BLM campground or dispersed camping in the middle of nowhere all my myself.
I have on occasion, met up with someone else in a trailer or truck camper, but 98 percent of the time it is just me and the dogs in the trailer, in the truck and hiking in the middle of nowhere.
Trailer: Lifted 228BH, heavy duty springs and Yokohama tires
TV: 2016 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 CC, SLT
Spare TV: Two Alaskan Malamutes

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 04:46 PM   #26
Well, just to provide an update, I decided to go it alone, and I'm not sure what I was hesitant about. I'm sitting in the side of a babbling creek as I write this (only place I can get cell service), and I'm spending my mornings fishing, afternoons hiking and playing my guitar, and evenings reading, listening to music, and enjoying adult beverages. What's not to like? It's like being a single college student again. I believe I could get used to this. Going to try to attach a video of where I'm sitting. K, that didn't work. Pics instead.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk
2016 Salem Cruise Lite 261bhxl
Ram 1500 5.7l Hemi Crew Cab 4wd
gspot01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 04:55 PM   #27
Looks great! Enjoy the solitude. We were in NW Arkansas a couple weeks ago camping in a state park. I grew up in central AR and college in NE.
Cedar Creek Lake, Texas
2016 Wildwood Xlite 171 RBXL
2016 Ram 5.7L crewcab.
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 05:12 PM   #28
This is awesome! Looks like there might be trout in that creek. ENJOY!!!
KAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 09:17 AM   #29
It looks beautiful! Glad you are enjoying your trip!

Toni and Sal
2016 Forester 2291S
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
ToniandSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 02:04 PM   #30
Site Team
Thanks for the update & I'm glad it worked out for you. Great pictures of the campground. I wouldn't mind camping there.

Except for 4 trips all my camping has been by myself. You already found out the advantages of camping solo including doing what you want when you want and if you want.

However, I wouldn't mind some company at time. This is one of the reasons I do take a stroll around the campground.

Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote