Old 03-05-2015, 06:30 PM   #31

I couldn't find any on the boat with pirate hats, but here's one afterwards. We wore them all afternoon 'cause we're silly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bison Ranch - Aug 2011 268.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	341.7 KB
ID:	70770  

AshnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:53 PM   #32

I have used a port-a-boat for 4 years and it is awesome. Very light and excellent in the water. You can see the different models by going to their website.Just type in Port-a-boat to get there.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:02 PM   #33

Smile Portaboat

I have used a Port-a-boat for 4 years and it is awesome. The boat actually folds down when not in use and for transporting. To see what is like,just type in portport-a-boat on internet and you can see different sizes. I have a 14foot andhave had 4 adults in it with no problem.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:42 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbconway View Post
You might want to look at the Oru folding kayak. I think they were on Sharktank and apparently made good. I've been considering one myself. Home | Oru Kayak | Explore outside the box

I saw that episode of Shark Tank. Wasn't it Robert that invested in them? Anyway, I didn't realize they were in actual production.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 03-05-2015, 09:47 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshnJim View Post
I couldn't find any on the boat with pirate hats, but here's one afterwards. We wore them all afternoon 'cause we're silly.

Nice hat!
If you don't mind, where was the previous picture taken? Looks like a great place to visit.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:42 PM   #36
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

Response to "FourWheelers": The flat part is the hull. It weighs about 80# as I recall. The boats rigidity comes from the transom and 3 seats that get inserted when you set it up. I stow those pieces inside eithercthe trailer or in the back of the SUV (parts are about 50#). Takes about 20 mins to setup and launch unless their are a bunch of friendly folks standing around asking you questions haha. 5 or 6 hp is well matched to 12' and I think the top speed with 2 adults was about 15mph or so. We used it mostly on lakes, some rivers as a fishing boat.

As to feel of sturdiness, I always felt very safe. Its an unsinkable design. Bigest surprise was how nice it feels because the bottom flexes. No hard bouncing from waves.
Maxxis 16" E; Ride Rite AirBags w/AirLift 1 wireless compr; Adv.Folding 4 Cover Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset ball LCI Ground Control 3.0 4pt + 2pt Elec.Rear stabilizers; 3 Slidecovers; 10ft. Portabote 6000# Dexters; mor/Ryde CRE3000 w/HD Wetbolts; King Dish Tailgater; 5hp Outboard Dual A/C; Furrion 48 Rear Camera; Champion 3100 Inverter w/Extended Run
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:39 PM   #37

Boat came in this weekend. Sure looks and feels sturdy enough. That said, there is some serious weight to this thing. Hope I can pick some sites real close to the water.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1425944340.664675.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	71063

Old 03-09-2015, 08:04 PM   #38

I know what you mean. Looks nice though!
Old 03-09-2015, 08:30 PM   #39

"Boat came in this weekend. Sure looks and feels sturdy enough. That said, there is some serious weight to this thing. Hope I can pick some sites real close to the water."

If not, consider the fold up wheels/brackets that are sold for these. let's you inflate at least partially with power, then firm up with hand or foot pump. Then, fold down the wheels, (which mount on the outside of the transom) pick up the bow,and roll it into the water. then fold up the legs when using it in the water to reduce drag.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:04 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridenfun View Post
"Boat came in this weekend. Sure looks and feels sturdy enough. That said, there is some serious weight to this thing. Hope I can pick some sites real close to the water."

If not, consider the fold up wheels/brackets that are sold for these. let's you inflate at least partially with power, then firm up with hand or foot pump. Then, fold down the wheels, (which mount on the outside of the transom) pick up the bow,and roll it into the water. then fold up the legs when using it in the water to reduce drag.

Might be the way to go. Thanks for the tip.

Tags
boat, camping