Old 04-15-2014, 02:46 PM   #151

Noisy truck. Doesn't bother me too much. I have one of the newer quieter engines. Barking dog - that's annoying and I do tell the owners their dogs are barking excessively. I have an 80lb american bulldog. We do not not allow the bark bark bark. I always ask my camping neighbors if she has been barking. What I really dislike is parking next to someone who never turns off their party lights and I really don't think wind chimes are that cool either. I go camping for the peace and quiet.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:06 PM   #152

I am the proud owner of one of those blankety blank diesels and honestly if I know I am going somewhere I will start my truck at least 30 min before leaving. Mine is honestly as quite if not more quite than a gasser. But at a campground if my truck idling for 30-40min bothers someone I'm sorry but I'm the one that paid for it and I would much rather be a slight bother to someone else with it to help me make it last 1,000,000+ miles and protect my investment! I know that that much idle time is probably not necessary but I don't care it is my piece of mind and knowing that my investment will stay in the best possible shape! Barking or roaming dogs bother me and kids that aren't monitored by their parents bother me. People yelling at my kids for riding their bikes on the roads or coming to my site telling me how to parent my children when we are all around my fire are met with an extremely rude and select choice of words! Other than that I am the happiest camper you will ever meet! ALWAYS willing to help out others in need or struggling!!

Old 04-16-2014, 08:07 AM   #153
Site Team

Picking our campsite

When I pull in at our local cg The first thing I do is to see who's here.
There are many regular campers we see all the time and there all good folks.
That said I avoid camping next to some campers.

That pop-up with all the kids and bikes. My campsite is not a shortcut or part of bmx track for your kids.

That 5ver with the scare lights on all night. Thanks for the night game of bags under the scare lights. But in the future I prefer not to have my sunglasses on at the campfire at night nor feel need to land aircraft on my site.

And that old tt is a nice unit but I will avoid that too. My truck is not the building outside Wrigley field on Waveland ave for your kids ball game.

Hopefully you don't pull in next to me. I have and will say something again.

Not next to the bus either.
Oh and if that Bus that continues to leave there yappy dog alone inside all day barking for hours while your gone all day, well...Dw2b who loves animals doesn't care to much for how your treating your dog....And she has a mind of her own and may say or do something about it.
2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:29 AM   #154

Camping Etiquette

Can't we all just be nice.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:04 AM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by OL Creeker View Post
If kids are making noise and it's late, as long as they're "kids" not semi adult teens, I don't have a problem. We should realize, at one time, MANY years ago, we were their ages. Besides, I'm one of those guys with a diesel. But, we rarely leave before 9am. What's the rush?
some people drive more then 100 miles a day, some people do not like to drive in the dark or set up in the dark, who knows, some people that I was next to in Florida had to drive to the Mayo Clinic he had cancer and had to be there daily at 7:00AM for treatment. He came over and told me and I said that's fine with me, besides having Cancer which the month of May is dedicated to he was polite. Spent 12 days next to him. I guess that's few reasons to leave before 9:00 AM
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:11 AM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerpa View Post
I am the proud owner of one of those blankety blank diesels and honestly if I know I am going somewhere I will start my truck at least 30 min before leaving. Mine is honestly as quite if not more quite than a gasser. But at a campground if my truck idling for 30-40min bothers someone I'm sorry but I'm the one that paid for it
what year is your truck? If its a newer diesel with a DPF system (07 and up for most brands) your not doing it any favors idling it for a half hour.
Nights camped in 2014 = 19
(2013 = 36)
(2012 = 42)
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:44 AM   #157
Site Team - Lou

While over-idling a diesel (own one) is inconsiderate, getting the turbo warm before pulling out (loading up the engine) is necessary. 10 minutes should be enough to get hooked up, and be warm enough to pull out at the lowest power possible.

I also am aware of the posted quiet hours in the campground flyer and posted on the web site and plan my departure accordingly. If your departure is after quiet hours end, I think you are "good." If I have to leave earlier, I try to find one that has hours that are more appropriate to my departure, if possible.

For motorcycle enthusiasts, I know the throaty roar of the patented Harley muffler is great; but an 0500 full throttle departure is just plain rude.
Generator use prior to the end of quiet hours is also rude.

If you plan on sleeping to noon, be prepared for a little noise...

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:26 AM   #158

Golf Carts

The problem that gets me most at camp grounds is people in golf carts, who don't think that speed limit apply to them, or who over imbibe and insist on driving their kids around the camp ground in the back of the cart, unaware of anyone else's safety.
I don't mind a good time, but I am a stickler for safety especially my grandkids and my own.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:36 AM   #159

Don't most all diesels have a block heater? I know my 97 F250 and my 11 F250 both did. Never used it on the 11, but did often on the 97. You could idle from now on and not get the engine as warm as the heater would within 2 hours. Crank up and head out and have heat instantly to boot.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:44 AM   #160
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
Don't most all diesels have a block heater? I know my 97 F250 and my 11 F250 both did. Never used it on the 11, but did often on the 97. You could idle from now on and not get the engine as warm as the heater would within 2 hours. Crank up and head out and have heat instantly to boot.
It was an option on my truck (that I opted for at the recommendation from my dealer).

Tags
camping