Old 04-16-2014, 12:00 PM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
Don't most all diesels have a block heater? I know my 97 F250 and my 11 F250 both did. Never used it on the 11, but did often on the 97. You could idle from now on and not get the engine as warm as the heater would within 2 hours. Crank up and head out and have heat instantly to boot.

Heat but no brakes. Need 5 -10 min.

Old 04-16-2014, 02:14 PM   #162

What gets me most is the inconsiderate people who are not willing to consider how their or their children, dogs, trucks or generators are affecting other campers. What is even more rediculous is the same people who expect you to follow common courtesy rule but go ballistic if you mention your desire for them to do the same. This is when I will have a very loud and rude response.

Camping is a place to go enjoy your time and forget the crap of everyday life including other peoples intolerances. When this happens we might as well stay home and yell at the neighbors dogs and kids. At least we are already established there.

If we prefer to let our truck idle for 30 minutes but cut back to 10 in favor of the fellow campers you deserve . If your kids are being a little rambunctious and the friendly neighbor asks if they can tune down just a little and your respond in a friendly manner you both deserve a . Bottom line is let's all , and enjoy the days away from the daily grind.

Old 04-16-2014, 04:14 PM   #163

I wonder if all these air brake equipped owners actually know how to test their air brake systems. If they are leaking all of their air pressure they obviously have a leak. Not that I care that you idle (idol whatever) your engine...I breathe it every day. Nothing like a cold morning start! As a matter of fact, if your air system is empty might I suggest bumping the R's to about 1500rpm? please!
Old 04-16-2014, 04:26 PM   #164

My coach system takes about 10 minutes idling to air up and be safe to drive....sometimes a few minutes less. I always feel bad about the noise, generator, etc..especially if I have to leave early...but after reading some of these posts I don't know if I will care going forward... (just kidding)....some of you need to lighten up, I think I may have met one of you on the road....(the guy that would not wave or talk to me when I waved and offered an adult beverage). I am just glad 99% of those I meet in the campgrounds I have been to are all GOOD CONSIDERATE PEOPLE! Enjoy!
gmcnitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:33 PM   #165

I'll take that beverage.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:47 PM   #166

I'm surprised golf carts haven't been mentioned more than they have. One of our favorite campgrounds on the Chesapeake Bay on Virginias eastern shore seem to be more of a golf cart event than anything. The same people ride around all day every day. Seems like that would get boring after awhile. My campsite doesn't change every 15 minutes, they don't need to keep coming around looking at everyone while making a bunch of unnecessary noise.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:05 PM   #167

I'm surprised any of us own campers or even go camping with all these complaints.

Live and let live guys.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:10 PM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
I'm surprised any of us own campers or even go camping with all these complaints.

Live and let live guys.
that's pretty much the purpose of this thread. If there was a thread about what we like about camping, it would be much more popular with many more types of responses as this one.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:23 PM   #169
Mod free 5er

Don't think anyone has said they quit camping because of what irritated them. I think the thread is good that it brings to light what bothers them and maybe it might open someone's eyes that they just might be guilty of bothering fellow campers without even being aware that something they are doing is an irritant to someone else. Other's have more or less stated that they would continue to do it regardless. That's what makes the world go around. Different strokes for different folks.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:23 PM   #170

But on the flip side of these this there is NOTHING more bothersome than the herds of little kids at Walmart that their parents come to Walmart and just let them go with zero supervision or regard for other people!!

Tags
camping