Old 04-07-2014, 12:52 PM   #61
We've camped for 35 years and it's all about being considerate of your neighbors. Heck, that's one of the reasons we camp. Campers generally are the most friendly and considerate people in the world. As long as I sense they are trying their best to be problem. BUT, like everything else in life...there's always that one or two who spoil it for others. Like the guy, in another post, who spilled sewage on his site and drove off and left it.

Noisy excuse. Noisy disrespectful excuse. Disrespectful noise makers around the fire after quiet excuse. Loud excuse. Leaving all your outside lights on ALL excuse. Damaging the campground or trashing the bath excuse. Blankety-blank noisy trucks/ problem as long as they are trying to be considerate, they are part of campground life.

If we want to sleep in, we just turn the AC fan on hi, sleep like babies, and dream about all the great folks we meet camping and, most important, I KNOW WHO SLEPT IN MY BED LAST NIGHT!

North Carolina born and bred
2010 Sandpiper 345RET
2011 2500 Duramax Silverado
2001 Centurion Elite Bowrider direct drive
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:30 PM   #62
Who Dares, Wins
We've been lucky in our 10 or so years of camping to have no issues. Only can remember three problems...

One was while I was still a tent camper in VA (Assatique Island,sp??). We were laying in our tent and a very angry husband decided to have a domestic issue with his wife right in the middle of our camp site at our tent's from door. Thought it was going to get physical, went on for ten minutes before they were stopped by their other guests...

Two was about five years ago we pulled into our campground in OCMD and was met by a 40 or 50 year old man with his pants and drawers around his ankles peeing in the middle of the road.... We never went back to that campground again. They were not that great anyways, so no great loss.

Last was just this past season at a TT in VA. I am all for having fun at night, but our neighbors set all their trailers in a u shape, put up DJ lighting and speakers and literally had a club set up between them. They went on well past the 10pm quiet hours, almost to 2am.... Sadly the rangers just let them do it for the four nights we were there... Regardless of the complaints. First time I ever considered packing up and just leaving.... It was crazy, had lasers, strobes and such going. Nothing like loud rap, booze and screaming adults when your 6 month old is trying to sleep.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:31 PM   #63
The sound of a diesel is not an issue for me - if that is what you pull with, no worries.

The only really bad experience we have had was with a nice quiet family with four dogs that were also quiet. The only problem was they burned everything in the camp fire. EVERYTHING - the Styrofoam boats their burgers came on, the plastic coated boxes their breakfast came in, paper towels. It was like living in a refinery.
2011 PrimeTime Tracer 2600rls
2001 GMC Yukon XL 2500, 6.0L 4.10:1 axle ratio
Nights camping 2014 - 17
2013 - 15
Arefbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #64
I hear you on the burning thing. Last year we watched the 'neighbors' throw the ~entire~ plastic-wrapped stack of wood they had just purchased at the camp store into the fire - with the plastic wrap still on. Phew! That was unpleasant (and toxic to boot!) I suppose we should have expected it, since it was a holiday weekend, but still...

- Randy
1975 Westfalia (VW)
2014 Rockwood A122
WrongWayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:26 PM   #65
phat phrog stunt crew
I get the impression old coot doesn't like diesels. maybe its just me.
Sent from ny nook using fairly accurate digits.
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:36 PM   #66
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
So I guess the fisherman can't leave the campground until after quiet hours? That means a late in the day start and missing out on the best time to fish.
No, oakman, that 7 AM rule didn't have anything to do with exiting the campground for day trips, etc. meant no breaking camp before that time.

That park is so spacious I'm not sure anyone would notice anyway. They even had sound barrier type bushes landscaped between the spaces, over chest high.

Rethinking it, that time may have been 6 AM, not 7 AM.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:48 PM   #67
Thanks for the reminder!

I need to get the Banks Monster Exhaust System installed ASAP!

2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:57 PM   #68
Originally Posted by dwaynerz View Post
You are correct, I have traveled with him. But in his defence he really doesn't like anything or anybody. The OC is just the OC. So I never take anything personal, he dose have a good heart if you can find it. Also he is very protective of his better half and I do mean better.........
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:57 PM   #69
all the newer diesels, regardless of the badge on the front, are quieter than most of the gassers. My new Duramax is quieter on the inside and the outside than the 6.0 gasser I had before it. Even has less of an exhaust smell
David & Lynn
2014 Coachmen Chaparral Signature 327 RLKS
2016 Ford F350 Lariat CC Dually
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:28 PM   #70
Mod free 5er
Originally Posted by dwaynerz View Post
They're fine, just drive them and shut them off or start 'em and leave, just don't let 'em sit and rattle and stink up the place.

OldCoot is online now   Reply With Quote