Old 07-24-2014, 08:56 PM   #1
camping etiquette!

I am sure it has been stated before, however I will bring it up again! I have noticed an alarming number of campers that are not teaching their kids the proper rules when camping. My wife and i are always teaching our kids the rules and proper manners when it comes to camping and respecting the other campers space. We always remind them that peoples campgrounds are like houses at home, you cant just cut through someones backyard pr lawn. you need to walk around and use the walkways to get to the playground, bathroom, pool or any other destination where they are headed.

oh, one other thing, please leave your bug zapper at home i swear they are louder then generators!

burch42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:01 PM   #2
BamaGanza FROG Promoter
Agree with your assessment of folks cutting through campgrounds.
Disagree with your bug zapper - my wife is extremely allergic to bug bites if you park next to us expect to hear the zapper - benefit you: it is a 1/2 acre unit so your DW will not be eaten alive as well

Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:06 PM   #3
When someone cuts through my spot I stop them, give them my trash and ask if they can put it in the large trash bin for me. They never come back

2013 Berkshire 390 BH
2013 Berkshire 390BH
Campin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:16 PM   #4
Hate to say it but it's a sign of the times, general lack of respect and 'all about me' attitude.
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:16 PM   #5
never thought of the allergy side of things, so I wont complain about it, ill just turn my radio up one level ::)))))
burch42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:17 PM   #6
The way I see it is...if you have to tell someone not to cut through your site, you are wasting your time cause they just don't get it. It's common sense people. As Gen. Russel Honore' said when he was in charge of the guard in N.O. after Katrina,"YOU CANT FIX STUPID"!!

sdagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:18 PM   #7
Interesting. Most of our camping has been in COE campgrounds where there is some separation between campers.
I'm sure over time as we camp more we'll experience this.
Never thought about the bug zappers. They have never bugged me(sorry) in the past.
53jimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:56 PM   #8
I am forever talking to my kids (7 and 5) about not cutting through campsites, being loud, etc. So, not all hope is lost. LOL
2007 Dodge Ram 1500, QC, 5.7, 3.92
2014 Grey Wolf 26bh
huskerpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:00 AM   #9
Been working on all three (well two of them anyway as the third is only 2 months... lol) of my kids to be mindful and respectful since they were even remotely old enough to understand. Cannot stand some people's idea of parenting...
2012 Ford F250 CCSB 4x4 6.7L Diesel
2015 Forest River Salem T32BHDS
MarcovSalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:12 AM   #10

We have been on the road since may camping around the USA, Canada and Alaska. People in most case's do respect others when coming and going, but there are some that are so bad it makes everyone else look really bad. Good example, we are now in Tolsano Wilderness Rv Park just south of Genallen, AK. Four am this morning our neighbors evidently left for a day cruise, you would have thought it was four pm in the afternoon, no respect for anyone trying to sleep at that time. Of course up here it is almost like four pm in the afternoon with all the daylight...Respect your neighbors, these RV's have really thin walls.

2500HD 6.0 Gas/Ext. Cab
2011 Crusader 270RET
2003 Sunnybrook T/T 30FIS
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote