Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2011, 08:26 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Sweet lookn' trailer, Gary. Mine is going to keep the black streaks until I get the water hoses thawed out.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:16 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Sweet lookn' trailer, Gary. Mine is going to keep the black streaks until I get the water hoses thawed out.
Thanks Chap. So far, I'm really happy with the trailer.

I've got a pretty good outdoor fan. I'll try pointing it your way and set it on high. Maybe some of these warmer temps will make it up to you and help thaw out that hose!

There was only one black streak close to the rear awning brackett. It cleaned off easy with the regular wash, so I didn't need to use any black streak remover. I'm not sure if this is because I've only owned the trailer 2½ months or because of the high gloss finish. Maybe a little of both.

Wade, sorry about hijacking your thread.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:16 AM   #23
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Gary nice looking trailer, nice and clean. Can you send some of that warm weather this way. We suppose to have a few snow shoers today but another storm coming Tuesday-Wednesday!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:20 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
Gary nice looking trailer, nice and clean. Can you send some of that warm weather this way. We suppose to have a few snow shoers today but another storm coming Tuesday-Wednesday!!
Thanks, Charlie. I just got through answering Chap's post, so I'll do same for you. I'll point that fan your way.

My F-250 Weather Alert Center showed a high of 74° yesterday and should get just as warm today!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:37 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Thanks Chap. So far, I'm really happy with the trailer.

I've got a pretty good outdoor fan. I'll try pointing it your way and set it on high. Maybe some of these warmer temps will make it up to you and help thaw out that hose!

There was only one black streak close to the rear awning brackett. It cleaned off easy with the regular wash, so I didn't need to use any black streak remover. I'm not sure if this is because I've only owned the trailer 2½ months or because of the high gloss finish. Maybe a little of both.

Wade, sorry about hijacking your thread.
Gary, hijacking the thread is no problem just put the fan on extra high if the warm weather gets to Charlie then i should fell it, Charlie and i are about 20 mins away from each other.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:51 AM   #26

We have a 16 year old Craftsman, with track drive. You can engage a foot 'lock' that puts the weight of the front DOWN, to scrape the hardened snow or ice. 8 HP 26" cut

It's is built like a tank, and pulls like one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
I know it is off the wall, but we had an 8" snowfall here in the North/East yesterday and it is snowing again right now.
I bought a new snowblower before Thankgiving and got to use it yesterday for the first time, It works great. The snow that fell was wet and the snowblower was blowing approx 40'.

I have 40' openning to my driveway and the snow plows like to pile the snow up in front of my driveway....No more hours of digging, i blow it right back at them.

I hope that anyone that needed one got them before they were gone, and around here they were gone by Christmas.
wayne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:16 AM   #27

Quote:
Gary, hijacking the thread is no problem just put the fan on extra high if the warm weather gets to Charlie then i should fell it, Charlie and i are about 20 mins away from each other.
Wade, it's 8:15 am, cloudy, 39° and falling.
I didn't mean to send all this warm weather your way. Maybe I set the fan on too high of a setting?

Oh well. You, Charlie and Chap can thank me when it gets there!
Old 01-30-2011, 09:33 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

We appreciate you sending the warm air this way, Gary. It is supposed to be near 50 today !!

Many thanks.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:41 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1 View Post
We have a 16 year old Craftsman, with track drive. You can engage a foot 'lock' that puts the weight of the front DOWN, to scrape the hardened snow or ice. 8 HP 26" cut

It's is built like a tank, and pulls like one...
wayne1, do you have a pic you can post?
Old 01-30-2011, 09:48 AM   #30

Quote:
Wade, it's 8:15 am, cloudy, 39° and falling.
I didn't mean to send all this warm weather your way. Maybe I set the fan on too high of a setting?

Oh well. You, Charlie and Chap can thank me when it gets there!
Gary, thanks now we can wash our campers, when we are done we will send it back to you.......after the snow melts
Old 01-30-2011, 10:09 AM   #31

Hey Gary, the warm weather must have made it here, i don't know if you can see it but the icicles are melting......Thanks.......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	warm weather from Gary.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	4325  
Old 01-30-2011, 10:32 AM   #32

Man I really screwed myself sending you guys the warmer temps.
Just watched the weather forecast. Light rain today, dry and cold tomorrow during the day turning colder with freezing rain turning into sleet tomorrow night then snow by Tuesday morning. Expected to get 5-10" depending on how far south the storm tracks. That's a lot of snow for us. By Wednesday, highs in the teens and Thursday's highs in the 20's. Single digit lows on both days!
I knew I should have set that fan on medium instead of high! You guys enjoy those warmer temps and please send 'em back as soon as you're through with 'em!

Wade, we'll probably be looking at about the same as in your pic in a couple of days.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:11 PM   #33

Well it looks like we will be putting them to work again this week lot of snow, Ice comming though the midwest and NE.
Prodigy Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer WD Hitch
2003 Harley FXDX Super Glide
browne02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:37 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Gary, too late to blow any of that warm air back your way.....it has turned cold here again after a fairly nice weekend, and the forecast looks nasty.

Guess we waited too long.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:45 PM   #35

They are forecasting freezing rain and sleet for our area beginning about midnight, then by noon tuesday it will turn to snow. Areas west and north of us are mainly getting snow. Some places could get up tp 15".

We're waiting to see how much ice forms on the trees and power lines. I've got everything ready just in case we lose electric and water as we have in the past.
Work places, including mine and schools are already anouncing being closed for tomorrow. I'l guess I'll sit back and daydream about those 2 days in the mid 70's.

Highs for the next few days are in the low teens and down to -2° on thursday morning, so whatever falls won't be melting anytime soon.

Stay warm and safe, Gary
Old 01-31-2011, 07:57 PM   #36
Site Team - Lou

It is murder here. It hit 74 degrees and OMG the sun hurt my eyes. I have no idea how I will be able to cope in Miami, let alone Key West.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:03 PM   #37

Now that Lou has put me on the other side of the fence....

Chap, Charlie, Wade... I appologize.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:18 AM   #38

Gary, that's ok 34 years ago we were setting on the beach in Waikiki in front of the Rainbow Towers looking and playing in the clear blue Pacific Ocean, along with the small of tropic flowers, the bright sun light just warming my body with a nice cold beverage in my hand and my new bride at my side, i was topless, she was not..............................it was 87 degrees.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:45 AM   #39

Quote:
Gary, that's ok 34 years ago we were setting on the beach in Waikiki in front of the Rainbow Towers looking and playing in the clear blue Pacific Ocean, along with the small of tropic flowers, the bright sun light just warming my body with a nice cold beverage in my hand and my new bride at my side, i was topless, she was not..............................it was 87 degrees.
Now that's a nice, warm thought!

Right now we have 2" to 3" of sleet on the ground. I'm happy we haven't recevied too much freezing rain. As of now, it looks like power and water will stay on. This is suppose to last all day turning to snow by noon. Some areas north and west have already received up to 6".

Time to check out the DVD collection!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:55 AM   #40
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Now that Lou has put me on the other side of the fence....

Chap, Charlie, Wade... I appologize.
No problem, although Lou's post made me tear up wishing I was there.
Freezing rain this morning, not too bad though, roads were treated ahead of time which really helped. It's suppose to change to rain a little later but back to freezing rain tonight. Local weather station showed the possibility of 1/2" to 1" of ice tonight. Just hope the power lines and trees can handle it.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote