Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2017, 11:09 AM   #1
Dryflycaster

Camping Packages

Just wondering, are their any forum members taking advantage of the camping package "Travel Resorts of America" and what your opinion is of what they have to offer ?

I realize there are a host of other package available out there, so suggestions, yea or nea on any of them would be appreciated !

_bill

2017 RAM 2500 Cummings Diesel
2017 Forest River Avenger 27DBS
dryflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:18 AM   #2
Always Learning

I wrote a post on this basic topic:

> Various Memberships for the Weekender and Fulltimer | Learn To RV

The longest story shortest for camping clubs is that it's only a good value if you use it. You have to look at the parks that are included and decide if they're to your liking (quality, location, etc.).

I haven't explored Travel Resorts of America. The fact that there are only 8 campgrounds lessens the value for me.

I personally use Thousand Trails extensively. I've written a variety of articles on their parks:
> thousand trails | Search Results | Learn To RV

But while I like them, there are a lot here who have gone and hated them. For us, before we fulltimed- we were able to travel fairly extensively (30/50/50/100 nights in our first 4 years). TT parks were able to save us significant money. Since fulltiming, they've saved us a tremendous amount of money.

But really- you need to visit a park or two in whatever club you're buying into. Make sure it's something you'll use. Not much worse than paying for something and not using it.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:22 AM   #3

I have been a member of Travel Resorts of America since 2008. I have their lowest tier package. I can go to the Sycamore Lodge Resort in NC with 2 weeks in and one week out. I bought my membership 2nd hand. I also have Coast 2 Coast which lets me go to other resorts for 10 or 15 a night. We usually spend one week on the outer banks and a week at that campground equals my yearly fees so I do fairly well it money wise.

My wife is a teacher and during the summer we will go there and she can stay with the kids and it is close enough that I can still commute to work.

Now since we have the bottom package they are always trying to sell us an upgrade to to go the other resorts. I don't even bother to call them back or show up to the sales appointments because I know I'm not buying. If we were retired and had more time to travel then I would consider it.

It works for us, It doesn't for a lot of people. Really depends on your situation and what you want to do with the membership.

2016 Nights camped in wildcat(14) didn't count previous trailer
2017 Nights camped (44)
2018 Nights camped (29) that's too low. Must work on it.
maskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping