Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2018, 02:05 PM   #41

Surveyor man

Our dealer has a storage lot for a reasonable price and has told me many times that for a small fee they will tow to some of the local state parks and drop off and set up trailer for us on those weekends when you get a late start getting out of work or the wife wants to get to park earlier. Has also said call ahead with a grocery list and the food will be waiting when we get there. All part of customer service and competing to get our business and let us enjoy our rig. Nothing is free but certainly helps when certain things come up. Check around, maybe you’ll have a supportive dealer?
tonyreinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 02:16 PM   #42
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyreinke View Post
Our dealer has a storage lot for a reasonable price and has told me many times that for a small fee they will tow to some of the local state parks and drop off and set up trailer for us on those weekends when you get a late start getting out of work or the wife wants to get to park earlier. Has also said call ahead with a grocery list and the food will be waiting when we get there. All part of customer service and competing to get our business and let us enjoy our rig. Nothing is free but certainly helps when certain things come up. Check around, maybe you’ll have a supportive dealer?
Sorry, but I wouldn't trust somebody else to set my RV up for me, let alone tow it somewhere!

And, don't think I want them buying my groceries for me, either!
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 02:21 PM   #43

Quote:
they will tow to some of the local state parks and drop off and set up trailer for us on those weekends when you get a late start getting out of work or the wife wants to get to park earlier. Has also said call ahead with a grocery list and the food will be waiting when we get there.
That is a BIG WOW!

Can't imagine that kind of service from any dealer... where is this dealer located?

I will buy next from them...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:07 PM   #44

We had kind of the opposite issue, but still involved my neck. Our 2018 Spring trips were cancelled when my "routine" ultrasound for a carotid artery clean-out done 9 years ago showed the mesh patch had failed so this time they did a full bypass. Tough to recover when you're under a 10 lb. lifting restriction for a month. At any rate we salvaged the rest of the season. DW and I do the WDH and leveling and bunks together. I do the rest of the outside and she does the inside. I do all the grilling and she does salads. She offers to drive, but its more fun to have her yell at me while I drive.
Best wishes to the OP for successful surgery and a quick recovery. Cabin sounds like a great alternative.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:42 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrykalia View Post
You have a few days to teach the wife how to tow and set up the camper.

I can't understand how someone can go camping and never have towed, backed or even set it up.

Yes, the DH and I have things we normally do, I do inside and he does outside, but I also know how to do all of the things outside. I may not be as quick as he is, but I can do it.

We were camping over the Christmas holidays several years ago when he ended up in the hospital. We ended up extending our reservation for 3 days, but that was all we could do. We HAD to move and he was still in the hospital. I had to pack everything up and pull it out of there. I drove it to the hospital, parked in a lot a block or two from the hospital and when he was released, I drove it to the front of the hospital, picked him up and headed home, which was about 8 hours away.

She NEEDS to know how to do EVERYTHING! Who knows what the future holds.
I couldn't agree more!
Old 09-26-2018, 03:55 PM   #46

UPDATE:
MRI at 7am tomorrow...will know more after that.

Thanks for reply's everyone !!
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:26 PM   #47
I'm Lost

The wife will tow our TT with no problem and will occasionally do so with the 16' boat hooked behind (75' total) but won't try to spot the trailer on site.
She says that's my job, doing all set-up while she does the interior work!

Wolfpaq, all the best and as RedGreen says, "I'm pulling for you"

Geoff
2023 F150 Lariat 502A (After all rebates, price protection and dealer discounts, I saved $12,600Cdn. (Cavalcade Ford). If pays to shop dealers! (April 2023)
wabakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:42 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYCamper View Post
We had kind of the opposite issue, but still involved my neck. Our 2018 Spring trips were cancelled when my "routine" ultrasound for a carotid artery clean-out done 9 years ago showed the mesh patch had failed so this time they did a full bypass. Tough to recover when you're under a 10 lb. lifting restriction for a month. At any rate we salvaged the rest of the season. DW and I do the WDH and leveling and bunks together. I do the rest of the outside and she does the inside. I do all the grilling and she does salads. She offers to drive, but its more fun to have her yell at me while I drive.
Best wishes to the OP for successful surgery and a quick recovery. Cabin sounds like a great alternative.
Perhaps this is why most men in their senior years have lost much of their hearing?
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:11 PM   #49

WolfPaq, I had two disc replacements (mobi-c implants) done for the same issue. I was camping less than 1 1/2 months after my surgery. That was with me driving 4 hours and setting up. I had a colleague get fusion done and he was up and about camping again in the same time frame.

My surgery was amazingly fast. I went into the OR at 7am and was outpatient discharged at 12:30 PM. The surgery itself was about 90 minutes.

Recovery was no joke for the first 9 days or so. After about 2 weeks I was off the oxy. It took about 9 months total for me to feel about 95% of pre-issue pain.

Good luck with everything.

2016 nights camped = 17
2017 nights camped = 4
Chpusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 07:24 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Perhaps this is why most men in their senior years have lost much of their hearing?
Many of us have lost much of our hearing because we were not smart enough to protect our hearing back in the day !!!
I know wear protection when mowing with my 0turn,,, because it is so noisy !!!
Little to late !!!

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 07:43 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
In my case, more like a development of "selective" hearing
Old 09-27-2018, 08:23 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYCamper View Post
In my case, more like a development of "selective" hearing
I think our old dog has developed that !!!
Old 10-01-2018, 07:21 AM   #53

UPDATE: Had MRI last Thursday and got results on Friday. Disk degeneration of C6-C7 with nerves being pinched. Flare up has subsided and Dr. recommends some PT for now. Not sever enough to go in and fix it yet. The better news was we closed on our cabin and acreage on Friday and we spent the night sat. Like a little piece of heaven.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:25 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
UPDATE: Had MRI last Thursday and got results on Friday. Disk degeneration of C6-C7 with nerves being pinched. Flare up has subsided and Dr. recommends some PT for now. Not sever enough to go in and fix it yet. The better news was we closed on our cabin and acreage on Friday and we spent the night sat. Like a little piece of heaven.
All in all I'd call that good news and I'm a little jealou.s about the cabin
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
Old 10-01-2018, 11:21 AM   #55
I'm Lost

Great news both ways!

2023 F150 Lariat 502A (After all rebates, price protection and dealer discounts, I saved $12,600Cdn. (Cavalcade Ford). If pays to shop dealers! (April 2023)
wabakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:00 AM   #56
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Best of luck going forward.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:06 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Best of luck going forward.
Thank you very much !
Old 10-02-2018, 10:07 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
PT is a Great Idea,,, as long as you have a Good Therapist !!!
It the Nerve Pain continues you might ask your Doc about Lyrica,,,
quite costly,,, or maybe Neurontin ???
Good Luck !!!

Tags
camping