Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
Denver, CO

Camping Today.

Since I am furloughed and a bit stir crazy, I hauled the camper to a local community camp to experience some coolish weather camping and test out my dry camping situation. Going to 26 deg tonight so will see how well the batteries handle the furnace load. Noted that my furnace draws 3 amps when running, which is a little less than I expected. TV and DVD on the inverter are about 7-8 amps which is about right. DW doesn't like the cold so she went home.

It's very comfy here, and I am pleased so far. We'll see if the batteries last the night. I did fire up my super quiet generator for about an hour to put some amps into the batteries and hope it will last ok till morning in the cold. Figured that I'd fire up the genny in the morning to make kuerig coffee and replentish the batteries.

Life is good but I'd rather be working, I got so much s&%t to do it isn't funny.

Regards...
Old 10-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #2

Have fun. Our last camping was last weekend. Winterized and put away for the winter. :-(
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #3

I love winter camping. Course, it wasn't till a couple years ago, that meant hauling my little tent and mummy sack to a nice trail head, flattening out an area in the snow, and sneaking into a cold nights Slumber....
The Sabre makes it a Lil cozier now. we always have at least electric where we camp, so a space heater or two keep the rig warm down below freezing. Last weekend, it was 39 outside Saturday night, and a toasty 72 inside thanks to the edenpure.

Happy -cold weather- campin!
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #4

I like camping in the cooler weather. It got down to freezing last weekend. Our fireplace kept us nice and warm and saved on the propane.
tomjsas is offline   Reply With Quote