Old 10-30-2015, 11:20 AM   #11
I have done it for the last 3 years in order to spend thanksgiving with my son in collage. and no the families are not like the 4th. They are spending family time not dunk time. Normally quiet around the site.

j free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:33 PM   #12
This year will make the 3rd year to spend with family in our 5er at Maumelle Park (one of the nicest Corp parks in America) and the kids and grand kids love it. Hope to continue this tradition for many years to come. Great time!

Mac Stubbs
Little Rock, AR
mstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:41 PM   #13
We are travelling to San Antonio, Texas and camping at the KOA park. We were there over Thanksgiving a few years ago at Admiralty. It was a nice holiday. We have reservations for dinner on the river and to watch the river parade while we are there.

2014 Mirada 35DL
2016 Chevrolet Colorado Crewcab 4x4
jgallego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:42 PM   #14
We boondocked in the California desert with a 5 neighborhood friends and family for about 25 years. Could have as many as 40 people (kids, grand-kids and other friends). Had the best Thanksgiving dinners ever. We're the youngest couple in the group, now sadly most of those friends have left us or are not physically able to travel. So we've been staying home. Would love to find a new group.
Donna and Bob (retired USAF),
fur babies Casey (mix), Lucy and Loki (standard poodles)

had a 2015 Rockwood 8281 WS - traded for another brand.
2016 RAM 3500
DNBINFV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:44 PM   #15
For the past 4 years we have traveled to Lakeland Florida from NC at Thanksgiving. My hubby deep fries the Turkey and I make stuffing, collards, turnips, pies, mashed potatoes, giblet gravy, home made biscuits, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes with onion and rosemary dish, and iced tea. All this for twelve (12) people to sit down in the camper. It was a tradition we started for Mother n Law when she moved from western NY to Florida. She passed 2 years ago but the tradition stands. We place a picture of her on the mantle and light a candle. Family time is great and oh the beautiful memories we share.
1999 Ford F350 7.3 diesel.
2012 Sandpiper 346RET
Just absolutely love our 5er!
KarenDLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:44 PM   #16
This will be or 4th year at Frontier Town in Ocean City MD. They are not corwded at all and those that are there have been respectful. Campfire,football and Thanksgiving dinner, what a wonderful combination!
2012 Wildcat 313RE
2004 Chevy 2500HD 4D longbed
"Best money we ever wasted"
DRM796 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:47 PM   #17
Love My Sunseeker
Stephen Foster State Park in Georgia. It's near the Florida state line. I was there in 2012 at Thanksgiving. I was wearing shorts. People who camped there seemed to enjoy it.... You could take a swamp ride and see all kinds of "gators...."
JJ only, my cat went to Rainbow Bridge July 2015

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:05 PM   #18
Looking Down Range
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
We thought about getting a cabin for my son and his new wife and a camping spot for us older folks in a nice state park for Thanksgiving weekend.

Then again, once we looked at reservations while still 30 days out it looks more like Memorial Day or 4th of July.

Ever camped over Thanksgiving? Would you do it again?

Or does all that family togetherness with everyone else's family sort of take the fun out of it?
Two years ago we camped over Thanksgiving just outside of San Antonio. We brought a small turkey breast and the complete 'fixings' for the two of us and enjoyed it! Although the campground was nearly full, it was quiet and many were there to go to their friends/relatives' homes for the holiday.

This year we have reservations near Fort Myers, FL, for two weeks around T-Day, so will see if it's comparable.
2014 Forester 3051S
2013 Ford Focus
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:09 PM   #19
We've been camping for Thanksgiving for the last 12-15 years +, most of my family has campers and camps so it has always made sense. My grandparents, aunt\uncle\cousin, parents, and now myself\wife all go to a local state park,(James "Sloppy" Floyd state park in NW GA) from Monday-Tuesday till Sunday. We get to spend quality time as a family and usually do a less than traditional meal for Thanksgiving.

2004 Surveyor SV 261T
2011 Nissan Armada
sself1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:19 PM   #20
We've have camped out during the thanksgiving weekend for at least the last 6 years.

2015 Palomino Puma Unleashed 351-THSS 37' Toyhauler
2013 F-250 Lariat CCSB FX4 Kodiak Brown Metallic w/18k Superglide hitch and Air Lift rear air ride

"Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -Jerry Reed
Pauls Toy Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote