Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2016, 10:31 PM   #1

Camping World

Last Thursday morning, I ordered a King Tailgater antennae and a Dish 211Z satellite receiver from Camping World.

I had been tracking it, but it wasn't getting shipped, so this morning I called to ask what the problem was and make arrangements to have it shipped later, because i was going to be gone.

The sales person could not answer any of my questions, I was very nice to her. I asked if the status was correct, what was the expected date, then she put me on hold several times, then hung up on me after she still couldn't answer my questions. I called back about 15 minutes later after getting my 5th wheel out of storage.

I spoke to a girl, by the name of Christina, told her that my first time buying experience from Camping World was not great and I wanted to cancel my order. Christina talked me out of canceling my order and got me 2-day shipping, so I would have everything prior to leaving at the end of this week.

Christina was great, I am going to write an email to her supervisor in the morning for her great customer service. Next time I order from Camping World, I will ask specifically for Christina.
41ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:38 PM   #2

It's sad, but poor customer service is the rule, not the exception, in my experience. My wife pays more, but gets better customer service from outfits like LL Bean.

Disclaimer: The actual value of my "Two Cents" of advice varies just like a bitcoin.
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:14 PM   #3

I remember ordering an item last year from Camping World. Can't recall exactly now what the item was. When I placed my order it semed it was taking longer than usual showing any activity as to my order being sent, let alone a tracking number of any sort to track. After a few days I had called them, don't recall the person I spoke with but she informed me they were in the process of relocating and that all orders were being delayed due to their ordering system not up and running smoothly from the move / changeover. She then looked up my order, apologized for the delay, and within a couple days I received it. My experience was acceptable, as I didn't need the item asap and would by from them again. Although, I agree that there are some companies I love dealing with and will pay a little extra for the great service.

2023 Flagstaff 206STSE
2019 Flagstaff HW29SC ( sold )
2017 Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL ( sold )
2014 Ford 150 XLT 5.0 2wd
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:25 AM   #4

I expect good customer service when buying local, online, or over the phone, if not, I will go elsewhere. I have no problem paying more, but most of it all comes from the same.

I have classic cars and do a fair amount of ordering online. I ordered some parts, clutch, pressure, plate, throw-out bearing, the girl said I got a 5% discount and free shipping for brake parts. Totally explained why she couldn't answer my questions regarding quality of head gaskets for a Ford flathead V8, including her failure to tell me the parts were on back order.

I ended up paying a lot more money for the clutch parts elsewhere and I will not use that company again. I had used them quite a bit in the past.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:02 AM   #5

Amazon

You can find almost everything you would order from Camping World on Amazon. Better tracking, same price or cheaper, easy returns.
Skip51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:09 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip51 View Post
You can find almost everything you would order from Camping World on Amazon. Better tracking, same price or cheaper, easy returns.
and quicker delivery with Amazon Prime.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:43 AM   #7

I buy all of my clothes, shoes, fishing gear and RV stuff from L.L. Bean. I
have done this for years and I don't think that I pay more for the same quality then I can buy elsewhere. They have excellent customer service, quality stuff, no sales tax and free shipping. They have great blue jeans, that is all that I own, for a good price.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:46 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41ford View Post
Last Thursday morning, I ordered a King Tailgater antennae and a Dish 211Z satellite receiver from Camping World.

I had been tracking it, but it wasn't getting shipped, so this morning I called to ask what the problem was and make arrangements to have it shipped later, because i was going to be gone.

The sales person could not answer any of my questions, I was very nice to her. I asked if the status was correct, what was the expected date, then she put me on hold several times, then hung up on me after she still couldn't answer my questions. I called back about 15 minutes later after getting my 5th wheel out of storage.

I spoke to a girl, by the name of Christina, told her that my first time buying experience from Camping World was not great and I wanted to cancel my order. Christina talked me out of canceling my order and got me 2-day shipping, so I would have everything prior to leaving at the end of this week.

Christina was great, I am going to write an email to her supervisor in the morning for her great customer service. Next time I order from Camping World, I will ask specifically for Christina.
Never ordered from them, but have heard so many stories of lost orders, and poor customer service that I wonder why anyone orders from them in this day and age. I wouldn't sing anyone's praises at CW until you have the item in hand.
PI hardwired EMC, Wire Shelving in wardrobe
Plexiglass screen door protector, Blue LED Wine nook
stairs, and counting...
karrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:48 AM   #9
Camp Bartender

I had the same issue last year. Ordered a gift for my fathers birthday in June and wasn't seeing the package shipping information being updated. They also said they were switching systems on something like that. It wasn't the end of the world, but I did write a letter to Customer Service and they agreed that customers should have been notified. All in all, it wasn't make or break for me. The thing that annoys me the most in Hanover is the sales pitch for good sam.....NO I DONT NEED TO RENEW MY GOOD SAM THROUGH 2028. STOP ASKING.

2015-2018: 20 Trips, 61 Nights Camped
2018: 5 Trips, 15 Nights Camped
2019: 2 Trips, 10 nights so far......
stevensmith2859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:54 PM   #10

If I need something while travel I will stop by CW and buy it but I have order twice from them and delays and problems with both orders. I will say that I order a bike rack that mounted on the ladder and found that it wouldn't work since the ladder was two close to the edge of the 5er. I called from return and they said they refund my money but just keep the rack....
Sold 2016 Keystone Montana 3711FL
Sold - 2015 Crusader 315RST 5th Wheel -
2015 Ford F350 SRW Cargo Capacity 3744
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:01 AM   #11

Checking the shipping status of my order, the antennae and receiver should be here tomorrow. I got a another customer sales person, by the name of Christina Gordy, she has been awesome in resolving my issues with CW.

She didn't string me along, she got on the problem immediately and had my order shipped 2-day UPS. It's all looking good at this time.

I did write an email to her supervisor for her awesome customer service. I'm a firm believer in customer service and when someone does you right, their supervisors need to know and hopefully it will be beneficial in her job performance reviews and allow her to move up and get substantial wage increase.

I feel the same way about the deadwood, some should never work with the public.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:07 AM   #12

Emperor Marcus Eralius Augustus Tiberious Lemonis.

OPINION: Lemonis readies his golden parachute | RV Daily Report | Breaking RV Industry News and Campground Information

Maybe something will change, but I doubt it
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:04 AM   #13

UPS tracking shows both antennae and receiver will be delivered today. That will give me time to play with it in the back yard.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:09 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
They say you should invest in companies you believe in. I would never consider investing in this company.
stairs, and counting...
Old 05-13-2016, 07:48 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrun View Post
They say you should invest in companies you believe in. I would never consider investing in this company.
As of the beginning of this year, I no longer invest in the stock market... will wait and see how things are next year. I'm positive I would never invest in Camping World, there many others that are better.

I did receive the Dish Tailgater and satellite receiver yesterday, around 5:30pm. Set it up in the backyard, worked great after I turned the antennae 45 degrees to the north.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:52 AM   #16

Glad to see it worked out well for you eventually. There are lots of companies, however, that get it right the first time.
stairs, and counting...
Old 05-13-2016, 10:59 AM   #17

I just received an order from Camping World. It was fast delivery and complete. Because I bought a Wildcat fiver from them last year they gave me an elite membership, maybe that makes a difference? I have never had an issue with Camping World except if I want to bring my RV for service, then its one month
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 11:26 AM   #18

I use Amazon Prime for all my online ordering, only go to CW for things I need right now, they are only 30 minutes away
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 11:29 AM   #19
SRN

Will never order from CW again either. Ordered 4 small items last year. Took a while, got only one of the items, called CW, was told the others were on the way. Blamed it on their new ordering system. Got just the 2nd item. Called again. Same story. Few weeks later, got only the 3rd item. Blamed it on their ordering system again. Told me the 4th item was on the way. Waited a while again, called to ask where it was…..was told they never even had it in stock to sell & it would be a while longer. Canceled the rest of the order, told me because of their new ordering system it would be 6 to 8 weeks for a refund.
SRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 04:58 PM   #20
Happy Keystone Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj77372 View Post
I just received an order from Camping World. It was fast delivery and complete.
x2
My last order was 4/23 and received on 4/26

Years camping....55
dbarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping