Old 07-19-2015, 01:15 PM   #11
Camping World Is Losing Another Customer

Without going into all of the details, my story is just like everyone else's. No response from customer service, when finally connected they make promises they do not keep, and never follow up. NO MORE CAMPING WORLD FOR ME.

cwgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:29 PM   #12

will never do business with CW again as well. Can't understand how they stay in business with their history of service complaints. They will not answer your call or return calls when you take an RV in for repair. Even asked for the "manager or supervisor" to return my call.... of course, he/she wasn't available to speak with me.... and they wouldn't return the call either.

SCcamper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:32 PM   #13
Site Team
I haven't ordered lately and never had a problem with orders but I do have other issues with cw. A complaint with BBB may be in order.
And, btw, free shipping with Amazon cost $8-$10 per month so its not free. Walmart has free shipping to your local store and free shipping to your home on orders over $35.
2013 Rockwood 8282WS
Reese Revolution Pin, Reese 16K
2008 Tundra Limited Double Cab 5.7L
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:39 PM   #14
I've ordered several things from CW and have occasioned to visit various CW stores. Once in Washington state while returning from Alaska. 50A transfer switch went out and they had one in stock. Having said that, my experience is that if you can find it at CW site, get the name and model number, the Google it, you most often find a source that is cheaper, quicker and better rated. I use CW when I have to, but mostly rely on Amazon (NEVER A PROBLEM THAT GOES MORE THAN AN HOUR WITHOUT RESOLUTION) or a site that takes PayPal. Don't like spreading my credit card around!!
RubberNail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:47 PM   #15
I do most of my stuff on Amazon with Prime. Never a problem. But in CW defence, they will exchange things even out of warranty. That is the only good thing I found. Just take it back to any store, I have not ever had a return problem. I have exchanged things over 2 years old without a problem. Shipping is another problem all together.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:55 PM   #16
I can honestly say that I've been converted
I WAS a supporter of Camping World until recently.
Long story short! We purchased a 31RK Silverback from them a few months ago. Til then I had no reason to complain.
However, for some reason a few weeks ago I went through the long list of items on the invoice sheet (you know, the one that they show you with a break down of the costs and options).
I noticed that one of the line items was "powered rear stabilizing jack". Funny, I don't remember them on the coach
Well, with invoice in hand I went to the dealership and inquired about this error.
To my surprise, they gave me store credit for the "discounted" value. OK, I guess. I was satisfied with the settlement.
Then, a few days go by and as I reviewed the list in further detail I noticed that I was double charged for them (they were in the Explorer Package, which was a separate line item). In addition to this, I was charged for an upgraded TV on a separate line item and as I discovered, this was also in the Explorer Package.
So,,,,I visited the dealership again hoping to get this rectified.
This is where it really gets interesting.
I was told by the salesman that this is normal and that since I got the coach at a discounted price, I should be satisfied with that.
I informed him that I have never seen this practice before, and I have purchased several new cars and trailers in my 65 years.
Basically I was told that there was nothing they were going to do to rectify the problem.
Will I do business with CW ever
I don't think so!
I guess that's what you get for TRUSTING this company.
AZMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 02:03 PM   #17
I agree. I've made at least a dozen orders on line with no issues whatsoever! Even had a tech. question on a tire rack for the rear bumper and the agent called the mfr. for answers on my behalf while I was on the line!
glfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 02:28 PM   #18
The "Profit" should take care of his own business before going out on TV to fix other people's. What a joke.
Forest River Flagstaff V-Lite 26 WRB. 2015 Ford F 250 diesel, Hensley Arrow Hitch
V-Lite Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 02:35 PM   #19
Georgia Frog Rally 2017
I do all my shopping local. No need to go to the on line stores. Value my personnel info. Later RJD
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2015--46
Days booked for 2016--60
Days camped in 2016 so far 51
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 02:36 PM   #20
In fairness to the comment made by dcheatwood about costing $8-10/month, he is right if you are an Amazon Prime Customer and want "two day free shipping". What he doesn't go on to say is that on most orders even if you are not an Amazon Prime customer, you are entitled to "free ground shipping."

BobFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote

camping, customer service, service