Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2015, 12:01 PM   #1

Camping world customer service : (

Well camping world has about lost me for good.....

Over a month ago we made an online purchase for some added equipment with the upcoming delivery of our new 5er. Order total was over 200 bucks.

To start we were double charged, made a phone call to customer service and sit on hold for over an hour. After speaking to the call taker related to the duplicate charges I inquired order status and was told a ship date could not be provided because they were backlogged, but they assured everything was instock, another 2 weeks and a second call was placed with once again over an hour hold, we were told it would ship in a couple days.

Revived notice of shipment and then told some products are now back ordered. Called once again and sit on hold over an hour to cancel the back ordered items as they were required for an upcoming trip. I was told the credit would be applied in 3 to 5 days.

It has now been over a month with no refunds, we have placed several calls and have sit on hold for well over 6 total hours, with multiple people saying 3-5 days.

They don't seem to care and a majority of the call takers were rude.

Wal mart online is about to get all my buisness
Thekipkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:13 PM   #2

Try Amazon, before Walmart. Free shipping with Amazon prime member. I order everything from them, from medicine to food, to side steps for my truck.
Nights camped 2015 3
Duramax mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:17 PM   #3

Did you now there is another website that if you post this a company rep will try to contact you immediately?
Old 07-18-2015, 12:21 PM   #4

Just call the credit card and report the FRAUD that is all camping world does anymore. COME ON PEOPLE it has been 3 months since the " system upgrade" and they still can't pull their head out of there @ss. Just shut down the system, fix it, ship all outstanding orders then turn the website back on and accept new orders. For the love of God camping world hire someone who knows something about internet sales or just close it down.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:23 PM   #5
Site Team

Customer service for the most part ( a few good ones) is non-existent today. Many times agent has no interest in company beyond this weeks pay check. I had an item shipped on Thurs UPS NY (city) to MD (4.5 hours away) When it did not show up on Friday as scheduled, I call CS. Call taker was in Manila. Tracking info showed package left NYC went to Conn, them to Mass, then to RI. Agent pulled up tracking info and told me there were no problems and package is on it's way to me so keep an eye out for it.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 05:24 PM   #6

Almost exact same issue, double charge and all. I did mange to get my order, it arrived the day I planned to cancel. The whole order process took 3 weeks, will not order online from them again.
Cuzdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 05:40 PM   #7
Traveling Two

I placed a complaint on CW website and it was acknowledged but no reply. Been over two weeks so I don't have much faith in that avenue either.
jerryliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 11:52 AM   #8

I will no longer order online from Camping World. I went on line to order an item that had been advertised on line for clearance. Couldn't find it either in clearance or in the regular on line. Called customer service and was told they still had one in the warehouse, but I would have to pay full price not the clearance price (30percent more) because there was just one left sitting in the warehouse. I viewed it as I was doing them a favor in buying and item they no longer could sell. They didn't. Several weeks ago I ordered roof paint and primer. Over $200s worth. On line listed delivery guarantee of 10-14 days. CW hit my credit card immediately for the full amount. 10 days later, I hadn't received shipping info, so I called customer service and was told that a "fraud" stop had been put on my order. This is 10 days after my credit card company had approved the sale and the charge had appeared on my statement! The customer service agent was able to get the "fraud" stop lifted and the paint shipped by ground from California. No, she couldn't get the shipment expedited since the delay was their mistake. By the way by the time it actually gets to me it will be 3 weeks since the order was taken and charged to my card. Oh, and by the way, they only shipped the paint not the primer I had ordered for the paint. The primer is now on back order and will be shipped when they get it in. Who knows when that will be. Maybe I will be able to paint my roof in the fall -- if everything gets here by then. Never again will I order online or by phone from CW. If I happen to be by a CW store and can physically take an item with me, I may purchase from CW; but I certainly won't go out of my way to shop there. How can Good Sam which does so many things right continue to let CW damage their brand?
BobFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 12:04 PM   #9

I'm done with Camping World. Over charged my card, lies about shipments, took six weeks to get refund. My credit card company was a big help. Never again. Amazon or Walmart from now on.
rwmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 12:14 PM   #10

You know, I haven't really had an issue with ordering from CW, either online with their internet specials or going direct to the local CW and placing an order there. Our first experience (ordering in the store) we ordered a new leather sofa for our motorhome to replace a fabric one. It can in on time and we paid to have CW install it. They did and when we brought it home and went to unfold it, found it wasn't bolted down. Called CW and they sent someone out to our home to install it properly. About three months later, we decided to upgrade our MH and when removing the throw pillows, etc, found the seams in one section of the seat and one section of the back of the sofa had pulled apart. Called CW, they sent us a copy of the invoice on line and stated the new owners (it was already sold) just had to bring it by a CW store and they would replace it for them. 2nd time ordering, my order took a couple of weeks to ship but nothing was back ordered and everything was received in a timely manner. Maybe we've been lucky, but I don't or haven't had any issues with CW.

I can't help but wonder why there are nothing but "bashings" and no "positive" comments from anyone but myself. You know in your heart if CW was so awful, they wouldn't be in business. ��
Old 07-19-2015, 01:15 PM   #11

Camping World Is Losing Another Customer

Without going into all of the details, my story is just like everyone else's. No response from customer service, when finally connected they make promises they do not keep, and never follow up. NO MORE CAMPING WORLD FOR ME.
cwgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:29 PM   #12

Angry

will never do business with CW again as well. Can't understand how they stay in business with their history of service complaints. They will not answer your call or return calls when you take an RV in for repair. Even asked for the "manager or supervisor" to return my call.... of course, he/she wasn't available to speak with me.... and they wouldn't return the call either.
SCcamper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:32 PM   #13
Site Team

I haven't ordered lately and never had a problem with orders but I do have other issues with cw. A complaint with BBB may be in order.
And, btw, free shipping with Amazon cost $8-$10 per month so its not free. Walmart has free shipping to your local store and free shipping to your home on orders over $35.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:39 PM   #14

I've ordered several things from CW and have occasioned to visit various CW stores. Once in Washington state while returning from Alaska. 50A transfer switch went out and they had one in stock. Having said that, my experience is that if you can find it at CW site, get the name and model number, the Google it, you most often find a source that is cheaper, quicker and better rated. I use CW when I have to, but mostly rely on Amazon (NEVER A PROBLEM THAT GOES MORE THAN AN HOUR WITHOUT RESOLUTION) or a site that takes PayPal. Don't like spreading my credit card around!!
RubberNail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:47 PM   #15

I do most of my stuff on Amazon with Prime. Never a problem. But in CW defence, they will exchange things even out of warranty. That is the only good thing I found. Just take it back to any store, I have not ever had a return problem. I have exchanged things over 2 years old without a problem. Shipping is another problem all together.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:55 PM   #16

I can honestly say that I've been converted
I WAS a supporter of Camping World until recently.
Long story short! We purchased a 31RK Silverback from them a few months ago. Til then I had no reason to complain.
However, for some reason a few weeks ago I went through the long list of items on the invoice sheet (you know, the one that they show you with a break down of the costs and options).
I noticed that one of the line items was "powered rear stabilizing jack". Funny, I don't remember them on the coach
Well, with invoice in hand I went to the dealership and inquired about this error.
To my surprise, they gave me store credit for the "discounted" value. OK, I guess. I was satisfied with the settlement.
Then, a few days go by and as I reviewed the list in further detail I noticed that I was double charged for them (they were in the Explorer Package, which was a separate line item). In addition to this, I was charged for an upgraded TV on a separate line item and as I discovered, this was also in the Explorer Package.
So,,,,I visited the dealership again hoping to get this rectified.
This is where it really gets interesting.
I was told by the salesman that this is normal and that since I got the coach at a discounted price, I should be satisfied with that.
I informed him that I have never seen this practice before, and I have purchased several new cars and trailers in my 65 years.
Basically I was told that there was nothing they were going to do to rectify the problem.
Will I do business with CW ever
I don't think so!
I guess that's what you get for TRUSTING this company.
AZMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 02:03 PM   #17

I agree. I've made at least a dozen orders on line with no issues whatsoever! Even had a tech. question on a tire rack for the rear bumper and the agent called the mfr. for answers on my behalf while I was on the line!
glfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 02:28 PM   #18

The "Profit" should take care of his own business before going out on TV to fix other people's. What a joke.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:35 PM   #19
Georgia Rally Coordinator

I do all my shopping local. No need to go to the on line stores. Value my personnel info. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 02:36 PM   #20

In fairness to the comment made by dcheatwood about Amazon.com costing $8-10/month, he is right if you are an Amazon Prime Customer and want "two day free shipping". What he doesn't go on to say is that on most orders even if you are not an Amazon Prime customer, you are entitled to "free ground shipping."
BobFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, customer service, service