Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2015, 04:09 PM   #21

CW

In my opinion, the CW business model is based upon two basic tenets...1). Provide outstanding "customer no-service". 2). Overcharge for everything.
slipf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 04:16 PM   #22
Mod free 5er

Other than prices, have had no problems with ordering online from CW. Have always received items within a week.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:17 PM   #23

Better not let "The Profit" hear you talk like that!
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 05:37 PM   #24

I have a friend who got someone else's order from CW. She too has spent hours on hold trying to deal with customer service (trying to find her order as well which eventually showed up) she still has this other order but can't get CW to issue a call tag to pick it up. Are you in Oregon? Was your total $285.69?
maddiesmom06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 07:22 PM   #25

Amazon Prime Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax mom View Post
Try Amazon, before Walmart. Free shipping with Amazon prime member. I order everything from them, from medicine to food, to side steps for my truck.
Agree totally. Amazon has my business for a number of things.
gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 09:56 PM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobFlorida View Post
In fairness to the comment made by dcheatwood about Amazon.com costing $8-10/month, he is right if you are an Amazon Prime Customer and want "two day free shipping". What he doesn't go on to say is that on most orders even if you are not an Amazon Prime customer, you are entitled to "free ground shipping."
Thanks Bob. You are correct. I neglected to state that free 2-day shipping with amazon was with a prime account and that they offer free shipping on most orders over $35 without a prime account. Good catch. I use Amazon regularly and should have made that clear. Thanks again.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:59 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryliving View Post
I placed a complaint on CW website and it was acknowledged but no reply. Been over two weeks so I don't have much faith in that avenue either.
That is the wrong place to complain.
RV.Net RV and Camping Forum ? RV, Trailer, Camper, Motorhome, Camping and Campground Information is the place that is owned/monitored by Good Sam/Camping World.
If you complain in the proper Camping World forum, one of Marcus' Quick Response Team will Private message you within minutes.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:49 AM   #28
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

I have never ordered anything online from CW but I have spent a lot of money in the store in Lowell, Arkansas and their in store customer service is even terrible. Plus the last time I was in the store the shelves were empty and they just kept saying we hope that will be in our next shipment. All I can say is that I am less than impressed with CW.

mackman1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:25 PM   #29

We finally received our credit..... amazing how long it took for them to complete this.

I still received no email response from any or my original reps as they stated they would.

Unless drastic changes are made I don't believe I will be renewing my good Sam membership. There are 3 other camping supply places in my area, I'll guess I'll give them a rry .
Thekipkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:15 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax mom View Post
Try Amazon, before Walmart. Free shipping with Amazon prime member. I order everything from them, from medicine to food, to side steps for my truck.
I second using Amazon. I've bought several things thru them with out any problems. Had to return something once and it was a breeze and they credited my account right away.
hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:54 PM   #31

I always select the free ground shipping and still get it in 2-3 days max. About what they guarantee with Prime.
2012:1042/13 2013:2772/27
2014:2259/30 2015:1644/20
2016:1278/23 2017:2183/22
indybp57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 03:31 AM   #32

Amazon almost strictly uses UPS and now for some reason UPS will drop it off at the USPS and they delv. you could before opt. for $3.50 and get it direct from UPS. UPS has now changed that last week. Also if you are a prime member it is guaranteed 2 day dev. I just had to order a light, They are going to dev. by FEDX Saturday to make my 2 day window. First time ever for me I have bought bunches of stuff from them and never ever came FEDX. But UPS will not delv. on Saturdays.
CW could take a few lessons from Amazon.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 08:12 AM   #33

Our ball on our Equalizer Hitch for some reason became loose and I didn't have the correct tools to tighten to spec. I called the local CW and the service manager didn't know what an Equalizer hitch was. I didn't know what to say I just thanked him and hung up.
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 08:53 AM   #34

I ordered three items from Camping World on July 11. A set of bumper plugs, an adjustable step, and a King flex Satelite receiver. They were very efficient to charge my credit THE SAME DAY. Now it is July 27th. The bumper plugs were sent out 10 days later UPS and should arrive today. The adjustable step, shows a USPS label was created on July 21st, but nothing has happened since. I got a notice from them on July 22nd that the satelite receiver is backordered, even though when I ordered it, it showed in stock ready to ship. Even today, it shows in stock ready to ship.

I have talked to them and they are sorry, problems with new system blah blah blah. They are brutal in getting stuff shipped out. Perhaps if they used the same system that charge your credit card to ship stuff out, they would be doing better.

Probably last time I will ever order from them.

2014 Silverback 29IK
honker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 09:51 AM   #35
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

I stopped at CW to buy a washer/drier combo on sale. I wanted to know some info to what it takes to install it and extra parts. They sent me to service dept. because only one person had that info to share. It was over an hour waiting with others behind us. Then another 30 minutes to complete the sale still with others waiting. And they still didn't give me all the parts I needed to install it.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:40 AM   #36

I'm sure it is hit and miss with any business. Just depends on whom you deal with at a particular time in my opinion. A new Camping World opened here in the Cincinnati area and I went to purchase items that I knew that carried that my rv dealer didn't. Upon checkout, I was told that my membership had expired. I showed the manager my renewal email from Goodsam. I was given my discount and the manager took it to corporate. My wife and I both received emails with follow up and letting us know everything was taken care of. So, I believe that is great customer service.
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 08:56 AM   #37

Camping World and Customer Service - Now there's an oxymoron for you!
00buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 08:45 AM   #38

I spend a lot of time wondering if I am too demanding regarding customer service, so this thread has definitely given me some validation. That being said, customer service no longer exists in the retail market. I don't think it exists anywhere in our society honestly. People just expect you to spend your money and not question why you are spending it there.. And if you don't spend your money there, they don't care because they are getting their paycheck. I don't know how Camping World trains their employees, but I certainly don't think any employees aside from the salespeople work off commission, which I think is essential in the retail market. If they did work off commission, they certainly wouldn't look right past you, while you stand in line for 20 minutes waiting to spend your money, as they answer their cell phone. True story. Or when you wait to schedule service while a service writer sits right on front of you cruising the internet checking out Facebook. The only reason I go there is to see if they have what I need on hand when I need it. I see no reason to spend my money with them unless it benefits me. And even with the discount, I think they are overpriced. I recently purchased the Correct Track 2 system. Camping World wanted $400 for it. I ordered it through the company that supplies them with it (their pamphlet was in an info stand right near the bathroom of my local Camping World) and paid $240 I think.
lostpatriot1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:58 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostpatriot1974 View Post
I spend a lot of time wondering if I am too demanding regarding customer service, so this thread has definitely given me some validation. That being said, customer service no longer exists in the retail market. I don't think it exists anywhere in our society honestly. People just expect you to spend your money and not question why you are spending it there.. And if you don't spend your money there, they don't care because they are getting their paycheck.
I do agree with you about customer service no longer existing. However, I don't think it's fair to lump everyone in that category. There are problems that exist with most businesses. A lot of it boils done to the hired help and their lack of care in whether you spend or walk away. There are good people whom work at every place of employment that try to make a difference and go above and beyond. Think about the place where you work. Can you make that statement about it? I have always had good luck with the people that I have dealt with at Camping World. I buy from there when I am close and they have what I need. I had no other option a few years ago when an air conditioner on the camper quit working. They had the part that I needed. There wasn't anywhere else nearby to purchase it so I had no choice. I hate to order a part or whatever online and get charged $11 + for shipping. I needed a switch for the camper and it was $1.95. The company (not camping world) wanted $11.99 to ship it. I didn't buy it.
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 10:24 AM   #40
Site Team

You have to remember that the majority of the employees at these places are from a generation where good service is " having everything in the bag a window #2 that you yelled into the clowns mouth at window #1.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, customer service, service