Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #1

Camping World Delivery Charge

We wanted to get an estimate from Camping World for a slide out cover for our Forrest River camper since we did not have one and protect the roof on the slide out. The estimate itself was not too bad, but they also included a $102.00 delivery charge. I don't understand that. If I go to an auto parts store and have to order a part for the truck they don't charge extra becuase they have to order it, nor do they charge me a delivery fee. Am I the only one that thinks that excessive?
paulmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
Always Learning

At first blush, it seems expensive. What can you buy the same part from other places for? Can they do the install (if applicable)? If you take the part to Camping World, will they charge you extra?
Old 05-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #3

Yeah it does, I just went to thier web site and looked up slide out covers and if I was to order one and have it shipped to my house it would cost less. So basically they charging me to ship it themselves? Time to question them on this and if I don't get a satisfactory answer, look elsewhere.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #4

Are you a Good Sam member ??? Items over $100 are supposed to get free shipping from Camping World????

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Are you a Good Sam member ??? Items over $100 are supposed to get free shipping from Camping World????
Not oversized items. Read the "fine print".
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #6
Always Learning

But still- he's ordering in the store and having it sent to a store, it seems.

It sounds like if he orders it online and shipped directly to him, it would be cheaper.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #7
Site Team

oversized items don't work that way.
we bought our topper through CW and had to do the same thing, cause ours was nearly 12' long.
it costs a lot more to have that delivered from the manufacturer. CW only stocks some smaller common sizes.
it costs them a lot more for shipping longer or uncommon sized toppers.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:08 AM   #8

I checked with the dealer I just purchased our MH from about some Carefree window awnings. They said that if the awning was an item that the supplier normally stocked there would be NO shipping charges, but if the supplier did not normally stock it then there would be a shipping charge. Could be the item you're ordering is not normally stocked by CW's distributor, and they have to order from the mfr and there is the shipping charge.

2012 Winnebago "Journey To Insanity" 40U
2008 Dakota Sport 4x4
2004 Subaru Baja - DW's
2006 Honda Shadow Aero - TOAD for now.
F.R.O.G. member
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:03 AM   #9

That sounds like what it is. They also wrote down the measurements on the estimate, and there is nothing listed in the Camping World catalog that would fit or has the same dimensions. So since it is a custom order I guess the delivery charge is not out of order. Thanks for the responses.