Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2017, 04:20 PM   #1

Camping World, Greenwood Indiana

It seems I read very few good comments concerning Camping World. However, I've learned that most people that are satisfied say nothing; it's usually only the bad experiences that are mentioned.

We found a specific trailer, the Wolf Pup 18TO that we want to buy. The only dealer within a 4 hour drive that has one is Camping World. They have us a fair price as well.

We haven't signed on the dotted line yet, so what should we prepare for? Any advice prior to signing?
extrahorizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 04:36 PM   #2

We recently had a great experience with Camping World in buying our new TT.
jeffandrews55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 04:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrahorizons View Post
It seems I read very few good comments concerning Camping World. However, I've learned that most people that are satisfied say nothing; it's usually only the bad experiences that are mentioned.

We found a specific trailer, the Wolf Pup 18TO that we want to buy. The only dealer within a 4 hour drive that has one is Camping World. They have us a fair price as well.

We haven't signed on the dotted line yet, so what should we prepare for? Any advice prior to signing?

Check out how well they fix the campers under warranty, check out the reviews they get in the service department. Camping World can sell a camper at a great price but a lot of the time there service sucks. If it's a Forest River product then buy the second year warranty from Forest River. Also stay away from the extended warranty Camping World will try to sell you, the extended warranty I bought from Camping World isn't worth the paper it's written on.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 07:45 PM   #4

Their Google reviews are terrifyingly awful for warranty service. I do believe that Mount Comfort performs warranty work, so I am going to contact them and see if they will work on any RVs.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:27 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffandrews55 View Post
We recently had a great experience with Camping World in buying our new TT.
It would probably help others if you posted what CW you're referring to.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:31 PM   #6

Campiing World

It probabably has mostly to do with the locationbut....we bought our Wildwood at CW, Anderson, CA. Totally happy with trade in value, price and original service. Then had a major blow out with a lot of damage and same people handled the repairs. I can't say enough about the great service.
JimMorrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:43 PM   #7

All CW locations are different. I have purchased 2 from CW in Myrtle Beach and will not look anywhere else. Price and service is fantastic!
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:14 PM   #8

Since you are looking at Greenwood, try Colerain in indy. They have 4 locations,3 in Ohio, 1 in indy. They don't carry the same product mix in all their locations so they may have one, or can get one, from one of the other stores.
Personally,I would avoid that CW like the plague. We shopped there 4 years ago and I have never felt so pressured in my life. Felt lucky to escape with billfold intact.
Bought from Colerain. Sales was very good. No pressure and very helpful. Service has been excellent.
Good luck.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:21 PM   #9

We bought our Heritage at CW Greenwood a year ago. I had heard all the bad but they did beat everyone's price. That said I believe I would pay more next time and go somewhere else. We had to order ours and once the money was down we couldn't get them to even return our call. Multiple times.... I finally drove there and spoke to them. Unit came in and the walk thru wasn't good but wasn't too bad. Service tech had a foul mouth which I had correct with the wife standing there... They were very busy and didn't want to give us much time to look it over. everything was well just take it and then bring it back for warranty. Trouble is their service dept is one of the worst in the world. We knew that going in and had Edmundsons do all our warranty repairs anyways. And FR dealers can do your warranty regardless of what salesmen say.
Again not a good experience but could have been worse and it's just not one we would repeat. Walnut Ridge in New Castle is superb if they have your model I'd make them match the price and buy there if possible. We bought our first one there and were very happy all the way thru but they don't carry the Heritage brand.
Oops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:09 PM   #10

Check sanity first

I would get a complete psyc eval first. Then get eltroshocked. Get another eval.

If after this you still want to use CW, have at it.

My opinion of service is to give a toddler a hammer. And get it fixed. You might get better results than CW.

Regarding myrtle beach CW. We looked a gt a couple of years ago. Found a leak in the unit we were looking at. I told them about the leak, several weeks we looked at the same unit. You could see where the wall was wet and had issues. Water still on floor. Glad I did not buy that unit.
happywhencamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:53 PM   #11

Find all the dealers in a 4 hour travel distance and get their deal on what you want. If the dealer won't quote by email/phone, he's not hungry. Got 5 dealers quotes, only 3 were serious, low 2 were 200 apart - saved over 6K from local dealer discount price(?). Would have bought local if 1K apart.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:14 PM   #12

WE bought from Mount Comfort . I would buy from them again. They were great to work with.

Jim 2017 Freelander
jimmiejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:33 PM   #13

I bought a TT from CW in Mt. Vernon Wa. and got a great salesman and a great deal. These service dept. was worse than terrible. My buddy experienced the same thing. I went to the the CW in Tacoma Wa for non warranty service and got great service. My buddy had had the same results. It all depends on the store. Check out reviews and talk to any one you know that had used their service dept. Sales depts don't make the quality of the store imho.
Dsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:39 PM   #14

We tried to give our money to CW Richmond and Greenwood just couldn't get the deal done. We went to Colerain and got a better new TT for cheaper. They weren't the cheapest at first but they got it were I needed it to be. Would do business with them again.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:39 PM   #15

Thank you everyone for your input. We did visit Colerain, and they were very helpful. However, they don't sell the Wolf Pup, nor does Mount Comfort. Neither of them had any ultra lites with the floor plan (or price). This is a very entry level model and theirs were nicer and more expensive. If we do decide to buy this trailer we will NOT have our service work done there. I expect to drive it off and never see them again
Old 03-14-2017, 08:23 PM   #16

Beware! Many places don't work on RV's not purchased from them -especially warranty work. Many that will put their customers first.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 01:35 PM   #17

Getting better

New to the forum though I have been following for about a year. Wanted to defend Greenwood. When we moved here from Ohio, needed some warranty and winterizing. It was a god awful experience a year ago. BUT they have overhauled the service department significantly! My experience since last Spring has been nothing but exceptional! I believe Butch is the new service manager and has made the department so much more responsive to customers. And they totally backed there work when they FUBARed last winter's work. I am very happy with them right now. I will be sure to update this as the season gets rolling here in a month, but we had a bunch of new work done since last winter and we are very happy with Greenwood CW.
BuckeyeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:23 AM   #18

Just remember- Camping World means no service. I would do anything in the world to find somewhere to buy that unit other than Camping World.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:43 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdst51 View Post
Just remember- Camping World means no service. I would do anything in the world to find somewhere to buy that unit other than Camping World.
Every CW location is different. CW at Myrtle Beach is fantastic! I'll not go anywhere else even though there are 2 places much closer to my home.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:26 PM   #20

Hi everyone

Thanks so much for the help. After much deliberation we decided not to purchase from Camping World. We bought a barely used 2015 Skyline Eco camp. It was less than the new wolf pup and has Azdel sides and an enclosed heated under carriage. I'm so excited!

Tags
camping