Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 10:57 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Glad to hear you are following orders by not shopping at CW, leaves more room for the rest of us

I choose not to spend my money at C/W, they told me they didn’t want my business so I went elsewhere. My choice. I shop where people want my business, I suppose they weren’t talking about you.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:25 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I choose not to spend my money at C/W, they told me they didn’t want my business so I went elsewhere. My choice. I shop where people want my business, I suppose they weren’t talking about you.
I suppose it's how you perceived what was actually said by both parties and why. Nuff said.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
Old 02-26-2019, 11:39 PM   #43

Send a message via AIM to B and B
We do not have Camping World or Gander Mountain up here. I would like a mega retailer sometimes to at least have store front to shop and then buy from rvpartshop.ca or amazon.ca. Many other retailers like Best Buy are use the same way.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:51 PM   #44
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
We do not have Camping World or Gander Mountain up here.

I would like a mega retailer sometimes to at least have store front to shop and then buy from rvpartshop.ca or amazon.ca.

Many other retailers like Best Buy are use the same way.

And that is exactly the reason why you DON"T have a shop nearby to try before you buy...

One day everyone will be sorry for having that attitude.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:54 PM   #45

We had Gander Mountain Sporting Goods stores in Colorado...they all closed down two years ago around Christmas.

Even though the 'official' published takeover by Camping World may have been last July, it really happened about a year and a half ago.

I read about it in a trade magazine where I worked back then (I've been in the retail industry for a couple of decades).
Old 02-27-2019, 12:00 AM   #46

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
And that is exactly the reason why you DON"T have a shop nearby to try before you buy...

One day everyone will be sorry for that attitude.
John,

They are not in Canada, never have been. We have Mountain Equipment Co-Op, Sail and local Adventure Guide for outdoor gear Also Canadian Tire that sells everything else not at the outdoor chains. Bought lots of stuff in store at these. When it comes to RV parts accessories Online is the only way sadly as most dealerships have no stock or 200% markup.

Not sure what being sorry about as they don't exist now, I have explained it better.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:12 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
John,

They are not in Canada, never have been. We have Mountain Equipment Co-Op, Sail and local Adventure Guide for outdoor gear Also Canadian Tire that sells everything else not at the outdoor chains. Bought lots of stuff in store at these. When it comes to RV parts accessories Online is the only way sadly as most dealerships have no stock or 200% markup.

Not sure what being sorry about as they don't exist now, I have explained it better.
I'm talking about using any local retailers for an Amazon showroom...
Old 02-27-2019, 08:42 AM   #48

John, some folks in the lower 48 live where mail is delivered 3 times a week and grade 7 - 12 kids live in a boarding school during the school year. Local retailers are over two hours away at 70 mph once you get off the gravel roads. No big box store is going to set up there. It isn't all about the retail trade you "worked in for decades."

I was enjoying the old curmudgeon banter until a nerve was struck. Going back to enjoying (and living) the old curmudgeon banter now.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:58 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Sifter View Post
John, some folks in the lower 48 live where mail is delivered 3 times a week and grade 7 - 12 kids live in a boarding school during the school year. Local retailers are over two hours away at 70 mph once you get off the gravel roads. No big box store is going to set up there. It isn't all about the retail trade you "worked in for decades."

I was enjoying the old curmudgeon banter until a nerve was struck. Going back to enjoying (and living) the old curmudgeon banter now.
Yeah...right...

I was responding to someone who wanted to use a local retailer to look at the item so they could then go home and buy it online.

Maybe you are the one who needs bifocals to read that cell phone screen.

Old 02-27-2019, 10:03 AM   #50

Old 02-27-2019, 11:37 AM   #51
Site Team

OK, this thread is close to being shut down. There are a few who want to argue instead of contribute.

Please read the site teams updated thread from yesterday on things like this.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post2034551

and this one still is applicable:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1599079

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 02-27-2019, 05:48 PM   #52

wmtire, For my part I apologize to the group for my indiscretion. But was wondering if you could put an emoji in the library of a pot with stir stick in it. Given the rules that is probably not a viable option. Will behave as best I can. This is a great tool for all of us and should not be diminished.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:15 PM   #53
waybeck2018

Seems like I saw an ad recently that they are now selling Life Insurance!! Old Marcus is trying to cover all markets I guess. What a player he is.

Looking Forward to Completing This Map Soon !
Old 02-27-2019, 06:52 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
We do not have Camping World or Gander Mountain up here. I would like a mega retailer sometimes to at least have store front to shop and then buy from rvpartshop.ca or amazon.ca. Many other retailers like Best Buy are use the same way.
Actually, Best Buy isn't being used the same way as much anymore. They are showing good growth and revenue and they DO price match Amazon with the hope/expectation that you WON'T spend your money with Amazon and instead will spend your money locally.

If I can find what I want locally for the same price as online then I'll buy locally, then there's no wait for shipping and returns aren't a hassle either. There are actually a number of products that I buy locally that are cheaper than online. Local retailers are catching on that they need to be able to compete with online retails or they will become extinct. Whether it's a chain or mom & pop store that I use depends on what I'm after, price, and product selection. I'm not going to spend tens or hundreds more for something just because it's from an independent retailer, but if it's a reasonable amount more then I'll give them my business if they provide customer service to go along with it. But higher prices AND poor customer service? No sale.

I understand not everyone will have a good experience at a given business and will share their experience, that's fine. What I have a problem with is people making it their mission to trash a business because they had a bad experience.

I haven't had a bad experience with CW and have shopped with them multiple times. I'm sorry some people don't have good experiences, but if everyone stopped giving their business to companies where someone had a bad experience none of us would be doing business with anyone and we'd just be sitting in a dirt field with nothing.

Also note I'm not talking about general business practices but personal experiences. There are business that I won't do business with because I don't agree with how they do business, but that's a different subject.

Just feels like there are too many people in the world/on the internet that think it's their job to play social justice warrior and their experience is the only one that should matter to everyone else.

Peace out!
Old 02-27-2019, 07:28 PM   #55

Camping World Name Change ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDrax View Post
Actually, Best Buy isn't being used the same way as much anymore. They are showing good growth and revenue and they DO price match Amazon with the hope/expectation that you WON'T spend your money with Amazon and instead will spend your money locally.

If I can find what I want locally for the same price as online then I'll buy locally, then there's no wait for shipping and returns aren't a hassle either. There are actually a number of products that I buy locally that are cheaper than online. Local retailers are catching on that they need to be able to compete with online retails or they will become extinct. Whether it's a chain or mom & pop store that I use depends on what I'm after, price, and product selection. I'm not going to spend tens or hundreds more for something just because it's from an independent retailer, but if it's a reasonable amount more then I'll give them my business if they provide customer service to go along with it. But higher prices AND poor customer service? No sale.

I understand not everyone will have a good experience at a given business and will share their experience, that's fine. What I have a problem with is people making it their mission to trash a business because they had a bad experience.

I haven't had a bad experience with CW and have shopped with them multiple times. I'm sorry some people don't have good experiences, but if everyone stopped giving their business to companies where someone had a bad experience none of us would be doing business with anyone and we'd just be sitting in a dirt field with nothing.

Also note I'm not talking about general business practices but personal experiences. There are business that I won't do business with because I don't agree with how they do business, but that's a different subject.

Just feels like there are too many people in the world/on the internet that think it's their job to play social justice warrior and their experience is the only one that should matter to everyone else.

Peace out!

That’s C/W in a nut shell, trying to play social justice instead of just doing business. But sometimes you can’t fix stupid
Old 02-27-2019, 07:50 PM   #56

Several complaints have been filed with a few State Attorney General's offices regarding CW and its business practices. It's a wait and see but I'm betting that Marcus is going to take his money and run in the near future.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:22 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycruiser View Post
Several complaints have been filed with a few State Attorney General's offices regarding CW and its business practices. It's a wait and see but I'm betting that Marcus is going to take his money and run in the near future.

You can’t blame all c/w because of one or two dealerships. And sometimes it’s customers who thinks there crap don’t stink and want every screw to be turned like rest . And then you have the ones that you just can’t please. I bought 2 campers from them and both times I had great service and both campers were in great shape
Old 02-27-2019, 09:34 PM   #58

They're already trying to dodge honoring their online prices at my local CW because "it's a different entity". I only buy there when it costs less. I'll just stop shopping there.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:35 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycruiser View Post
I think Marcus will be around for a long time to come...

He is a shrewd business man and knows how to get things done!
Old 02-27-2019, 09:48 PM   #60

I saw the Profit (Marcus) is checking out the pot industry to invest in. ALL his other businesses will probably "go up in smoke" if he does that

Tags
camping