Old 07-13-2015, 01:59 PM   #11

CAmping World

Friends of ours bought a 2003 used Diesel Pusher from CW in Ocala, FL. After signing all documents they were treated to a $100 store credit. While shopping the CW folks took their unit and promptly put 70 gallons of Gasoline in the tank. You can't believe the mess that caused.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:31 PM   #12

Cw problems

Cw made me look like a fool by tearing one side of my fifth wheel up and To this day I think they were gonna try and fix it without me knowing,Why do I say this,Because I dropped my FW off to get a little bubble in the floor fixed and seven weeks later it was not ready so I just showed up to find out what the problem was and this is when I found out they had ran another unit into mine,Not only did it tear the left side up but they had it on blocks and stands because the landing legs were also broken off,My FW was two weeks old when I dropped it off there,It was about another two months before I got it back,From there everything started tearing up,I just got rid of it,Guess what,I traded it into CW and was not even asked about any problems with it,The bad thing about this is they will sell it to someone else and they will not tell them all that has been done to it,By the way they have it on their lot with a list price of $13000 more than I paid for it new,I bought a new Keystone Montana from them and they didn't even do a PDI on it,Now rest of the story,My new unit will not go to CW when there is a problem,Buyers beware of anything in a fifth wheel used that you buy from Cw,My old one is on their lot,It is a Columbus,Can't say to much more.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:55 PM   #13

Did I make a mistake?

I just recently went with NatGen thru Good Sam's on my TT due to the total loss / stolen "new replacement" option they offered vs. Alfa that only offered "market value" type coverage that could leave me with a very painful payoff gap (TT is a 2014). After reading these posts I'm wondering if I hopped the fence on to grass that is only greener because it's fertilized with you know what....?
Nights camped so far 2017 - 16
Admiral_Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 03:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Roo2 View Post
I just recently went with NatGen thru Good Sam's on my TT due to the total loss / stolen "new replacement" option they offered vs. Alfa that only offered "market value" type coverage that could leave me with a very painful payoff gap (TT is a 2014). After reading these posts I'm wondering if I hopped the fence on to grass that is only greener because it's fertilized with you know what....?

I have the same coverage with Progressive and for me the rate was just about the same. I also believe Blue Sky has the same type of new replacement cost coverage. I personally run from anything GS or CW offers or recommends.
Central Ohio
thetanu539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:10 PM   #15

And yet another CW episode -- this one in Springfield, MO. We brought our unit in to have two Fantastic Fans installed. On our way home, we noticed the vent/fan cover over the cab rattling, so my wife got up to tighten it down. It was installed 180-degrees backwards!! Checked the other one and it was, too!!! And these were installed by their "Technician of the Month!!!!"
Old 07-13-2015, 05:35 PM   #16

Biggest isn't always the best...is all I can say.

Bob, Diane & Snoopy
2015 3050s Sunseeker
Santabobswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 06:26 PM   #17

Thanks all for your comments. Hope we were able to help someone else before they have the same treatment.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:59 PM   #18

flyfisher

I have nothing but bad things to say about CW. I do not know of a single person that has had service there that was not totally unhappy!!!!
Old 07-13-2015, 08:21 PM   #19

Sad to see all this....I would have thought that such a large presence in the Rv'ing world the standards would be higher. It seems as if the business model for Camping World is not customer service = revenues rather gather as much as we can and forget the customer. Disappointed in Marcus....with such a captive audience he and his team could really do good. Seems they own everything these days....increase the price and decrease the value seems the way things work.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:24 PM   #20

nothing should take that long. how did you do without your MH that long?

Tags
camping, service