Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2015, 07:35 PM   #21

Had problems too

I have a camping world 10 min. from house but would drive 1 hour to another dealer before going to CW. Waited 3 months to get our trailer repaired after blowout.
geegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:39 PM   #22

Thelmalouie, I am sorry to hear Chattanooga CW hosed over another camper. We did look for a travel trailer there. Needless to say we did do some homework to learn what out tow vehicle could handle and length that we could get in and out of our driveway. Chatt. CW kept pushing 5th wheels. My poor 1500 Ram would have died leaving the parking lot. We ended up getting our TT up in Knoxville at a smaller dealership, Chillhowie RV.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:48 PM   #23

Just another business that has gotten too big and doesn't give a crap about us RVers --- just $$$$$$
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 06:58 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by THELMALOUIE View Post
I just thought I would pass along some information to any one hoping to have work done at Camping World service department. I took my motor home to CW in Chattanooga, TN. to have the front cap diagnosed as the glass people hired to replace the glass could not get the windshields to stay in and one of the new windshields cracked. The service dept. had the motor home for a month before saying it was ready. When we picked the mh up the carpet was covered with black glue used on the windshield. Approx. 3days later I noticed the windshield had popped out and made arrangements to take it back to CW. I was told the new gasket was never glued in and they would have it fixed. After anther 2weeks we again picked up the mh and returned home. The service manager called me that evening to see if we got home ok. After the call I checked the windshield and found the driver’s window was not in the gasket. Now to the point I would like everyone to know. The insurance company handling this claim asks the service dept. several times to check item and send a report to them as this was a collision case not just window replacement. The service dept. never sent the requested information. This insurance company is the company Good Sam's endorses. The service dept. claims after a month and a half they had no labor in this job. Now those of you that have heard that the CEO of GS and cw Mr. Marcus Lemonis takes these situations serious should know I sent him a certified letter along with a complete log of everything that transpire and after 2weeks emailed him expressing my disappointment that he did not even acknowledge my letter. I have still not heard a word. If one is to present themselves as watching post and taking of matter
One time for at CW at Lowell, AR was enough for me there service department is very poor. Had an overhead light led fried and furnace wouldn't lite took 8 hrs to replace litWho When checking furnace the so called technician took the panel off and started beating on it with a rubber mallet he told me sometime there is a loose wire, I guess he thought I was being a smart a@@ when I asked him how beating on it would hook up a loose wire. Finally told just leave it alone I'd put the panel on. They still tried to bill me $138.00 even though it was warranty work.
Myrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:04 AM   #25

Here is more to add to CW comments: on a return trip from a month in Florida with our 2015 33rl Silverback, stopped across the Georgia border CW store and shopped for accessories.
Now the rest of the story: i walked the lot ( with wife and grandson ) in 95 degree heat. ( alone ) found a 2016 Winnebago MH had interest in.
Asked riving golf cart person to send a sales rep out....never came....went into dealership and inquired. Felt we were an inconvenience. We were shown the unit with a level of unprofessionalism that took us aback!
At the end, dumped for another customer. Never received a quote.
Marcus needs to focus on one thing:
CUSTOMERS. Once you achieve that, all other things come into sync;
Including PROFIT.....
Perhaps his shallow celebrity status as a phony tv business savior has gone to his head and affected his vision. His Dad's success as a Chevrolet dealer certainly did not rise and endure on surrounding himself with incompetence.
As in Forest Gump: run, Marcus, run!
BUT know where the finish line is!
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:46 AM   #26

I guess maybe we are among the lucky ones.
We got serious about getting a Class C a few weeks ago. Looked at used ones but most of them had issues. Visited the CW in Fountain, CO on July 3, looked at a couple, drove one. Gave the salesman our budget criteria. They took hours to get back to us. We had a 1pm appointment so had to leave, called his cell, left message, called CW and left several messages. Finally around 3:30, he called and gave us his "best price", still nearly $4k over our budget without sales tax. We decided to do our due diligence and visited a local RV dealer that has been in Colorado Springs for 20 years. Thankfully, we found the Coachmen Freeland 21RS and really liked it. Told the salesman our budget and within 5 minutes he had a price $2k under our budget before sales tax. Even got financing worked out that same day, July 3. Hopefully this turns out to be a good move and we will enjoy the RV and not have the horror stories of dealing with CW.
Lost Trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:11 AM   #27

CW service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THELMALOUIE View Post
I just thought I would pass along some information to any one hoping to have work done at Camping World service department. I took my motor home to CW in Chattanooga, TN. to have the front cap diagnosed as the glass people hired to replace the glass could not get the windshields to stay in and one of the new windshields cracked. The service dept. had the motor home for a month before saying it was ready. When we picked the mh up the carpet was covered with black glue used on the windshield. Approx. 3days later I noticed the windshield had popped out and made arrangements to take it back to CW. I was told the new gasket was never glued in and they would have it fixed. After anther 2weeks we again picked up the mh and returned home. The service manager called me that evening to see if we got home ok. After the call I checked the windshield and found the driver’s window was not in the gasket. Now to the point I would like everyone to know. The insurance company handling this claim asks the service dept. several times to check item and send a report to them as this was a collision case not just window replacement. The service dept. never sent the requested information. This insurance company is the company Good Sam's endorses. The service dept. claims after a month and a half they had no labor in this job. Now those of you that have heard that the CEO of GS and cw Mr. Marcus Lemonis takes these situations serious should know I sent him a certified letter along with a complete log of everything that transpire and after 2weeks emailed him expressing my disappointment that he did not even acknowledge my letter. I have still not heard a word. If one is to present themselves as watching post and taking of matter
I fully understand that you are very upset, I would be also, but this issue like so many "Is not a CW issue' It is an issue with the TN location!
Like all big company's today unless you contact corporate they will never know they have a incompetent person in their employment, so please contact GS direct and get your frustration out with the correct people and that way you will get it fixed properly.

Hope this helps you out and Happy Camping
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:22 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback 35ts View Post
I fully understand that you are very upset, I would be also, but this issue like so many "Is not a CW issue' It is an issue with the TN location!
Like all big company's today unless you contact corporate they will never know they have a incompetent person in their employment, so please contact GS direct and get your frustration out with the correct people and that way you will get it fixed properly.

Hope this helps you out and Happy Camping

Though I would agree in some aspects CW does have stories like this all over the web at all different locations. It IS a problem with CW when you have consistent problems all across the country and nothing has been done to fix the poor perceptions and the issues continue to happen.

I assure you when major incidents happen corporate knows because they have to foot the bill. This is why many times the shop tries to hide it.
Central Ohio
thetanu539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:28 AM   #29
Traveling Two

I have shopped at the Draper, Utah and the Eugene, OR Camping World stores and found the customer service in both stores leaving much to be desired. I will visit Camping World stores when absolutely necessary.
jerryliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:44 AM   #30

Six months after I bought my (new) 2011 Georgetown from another dealer, I took it and my car to CW in Akron, Ohio to have a towing package installed in the car. CW was the only dealer within driving distance that sold and installed the towing package I wanted. The installation took a day as promised but was a disaster. I had requested that they use a 6-conductor cable but they used a 4-conductor one then added a fifth wire with a separate connector at the car. The braking system failed to activate the car's brakes before I was a mile from CW. A quick return, some minor adjustments to the system and all appeared to be working. Things went well until I tried to drive the car.

When I drove the car, I discovered that CW had installed the brake pedal attachment in the one (out of four) configuration that made my foot slip off the brake pedal onto the gas when I was trying to stop. The braking system also failed to work most of the time when I was towing the car. I fixed the brake pedal attachment problem and CW tried to fix the "not working" problem but never could get it to work properly.

My solution was to take the RV and car to Roadmaster's headquaters and service facility in Vancouver, Washington to have them diagnose the problem and repair it. It took them only five minutes to figure out what was wrong. The installer had placed the actuator under the dash and coiled up the actuator cable before routing it to the brake pedal. The coiled cable had enough friction in it to prevent the system from working. Roadmaster relocated the actuator under the driver's seat where it should have been then made a custom actuator cable designed to perfectly fit my car. They also changed the 5-wire kluge system for a 6-wire cable and hookup, only charging me for the new cable. The system worked perfectly until the actuator cable broke two years later as I was returning home. Roadmaster replaced the cable before I left on my next trip.

I used CW for one other repair which went very well. The rear support bracket for the microwave broke causing the back end of the microwave to drop down towards the stove top. FR did such a good job attaching the front of the microwave that the unit was hanging from the overhead cabinet with the back end bouncing up and down as we drove. I propped the microwave up using cabinet retainer spring bars and stopped at the next CW I came to. They welded a heavy piece of angle iron to the rear mounting bracket, reattached it to the wall and reinstalled the microwave. All has been well since then. The only bad thing about this repair is that my breakdown insurance wouldn't pay for it. The insurance would have paid to replace the microwave if it had completely fallen out and broken but wouldn't pay the much smaller cost of repairing the mounting bracket!

Phil
pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:49 AM   #31

CW Insurance

In 2002 my wife and I upgraded to a 40' Beaver from a 29 C class. A couple of months after the purchase we also upgraded our coach insurance include full replacement coverage.

Jump ahead to 2007 we had a devastating fire, resulting in a total loss. Our only consolation was knowing we planned ahead for such a possible event.

Little did we know the CW agent sold us a product that not only didn't fulfill the replacement clause it didn't even pay the out standing debt. We were left having to come up with 50k just to start all over.

We never totally recovered financially and our dream coach is out of reach. We feel lucky to have discovered the wonders of a great 5th wheel towable and love our wildcat Sterling.
tstillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:10 AM   #32
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbuckely View Post
Years ago, when I was first thinking of buying a TT, I stopped in at the CW near me. I was treated as though I was at a car dealer - and like the female I am. I was on a fact finding mission to see if ownership was even financially possible. After quite a bit of walking around and not having anyone ask if I needed help, someone did come over. However, when they found out I wasn't right ready to buy, they weren't very pleasant. Not rude - just uninterested. I got the feeling that I was wasting their time. I doubt I'll ever go back there (and I haven't been in over 10 years). Like the car dealer who treated me like that back when I was 18, I'll tell anyone I'm talking to about the way I was treated. These people may have lost my sale but are they aware they are going to lose even more when we pass this information on to our friends?

My dealer now takes care of everything for me .. and pleasantly - and I'm glad to pass on their name in a positive manner.
I’m amazed at how many businesses don’t understand the simple concept of treating their customers with respect. Not just RV sales but anyplace. Even if I’m not spending any money at your business right now, I may have plans to come back later. But when I get treated like something you would scrap off the bottom of your shoe, I definitely won’t be back. I will also tell all of my friends to not go there. So now you’ve lost my potential sale and the sales of everyone I know.

There have been times where we have gone someplace fully intending to make a purchase and ended up walking out with nothing because we didn’t like the way the employees treated us.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:47 AM   #33

Angry Lake City FL CW "Hospitality"

Just to add another log to the CW fire, I would suggest that anyone headed through Lake City FL pass the CW there. About a month ago, we were headed to Orlando on Interstate 75. We had stayed at the KOA in Forsyth GA the night before. I had blown the 150 AMP fuse. We called this dealership and asked is they had one. They said yes "and we'll hold it for you". I told them our location and said it may be right around closing time when I get there but I was sure I could make it. We hit bad storms and this slowed us down--not much but just enough to have us pull into their lot EXACTLY at 6 PM and two employees were 2 feet from the front door they had just locked. I explained who I was and would they please just take 5 minutes to reopen and sell me the fuse. "No. We close at 6 and we have someplace we need to be" and just walked right by me.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!???
So do I need to be someplace and it won't be CW from now on.
Marcus L. needs to pay attention to his own corporation and HIS customers and not be worried about a TV show and other peoples' customers.
How about a little "Undercover Boss" for CW?
osu65bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:11 AM   #34
Georgia Rally Coordinator

And the beat goes on.Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:01 AM   #35

CW

I experienced the dealer from hell not CW with a new MH so moral of the story is you have to see who gives best service like mentioned small dealers often are best but you can have good ones the CW near me has been good depends on dealer and workers. The dealer is only as good as the workers they have.
siskom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 11:58 AM   #36

What's the difference between Wal-Mart and camping world?
NOTHING!! that's why I don't darken the door step of either one anymore
Allisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 01:48 PM   #37

It's all about management and customer service. But that is true at any business whether a fast food restaurant to Walmart.
Myrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 01:59 PM   #38
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Well the good CW must be few and far between. Laterr RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, service