Old 07-14-2015, 11:49 AM   #31

CW Insurance

In 2002 my wife and I upgraded to a 40' Beaver from a 29 C class. A couple of months after the purchase we also upgraded our coach insurance include full replacement coverage.

Jump ahead to 2007 we had a devastating fire, resulting in a total loss. Our only consolation was knowing we planned ahead for such a possible event.

Little did we know the CW agent sold us a product that not only didn't fulfill the replacement clause it didn't even pay the out standing debt. We were left having to come up with 50k just to start all over.

We never totally recovered financially and our dream coach is out of reach. We feel lucky to have discovered the wonders of a great 5th wheel towable and love our wildcat Sterling.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:10 PM   #32
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbuckely View Post
Years ago, when I was first thinking of buying a TT, I stopped in at the CW near me. I was treated as though I was at a car dealer - and like the female I am. I was on a fact finding mission to see if ownership was even financially possible. After quite a bit of walking around and not having anyone ask if I needed help, someone did come over. However, when they found out I wasn't right ready to buy, they weren't very pleasant. Not rude - just uninterested. I got the feeling that I was wasting their time. I doubt I'll ever go back there (and I haven't been in over 10 years). Like the car dealer who treated me like that back when I was 18, I'll tell anyone I'm talking to about the way I was treated. These people may have lost my sale but are they aware they are going to lose even more when we pass this information on to our friends?

My dealer now takes care of everything for me .. and pleasantly - and I'm glad to pass on their name in a positive manner.
Iím amazed at how many businesses donít understand the simple concept of treating their customers with respect. Not just RV sales but anyplace. Even if Iím not spending any money at your business right now, I may have plans to come back later. But when I get treated like something you would scrap off the bottom of your shoe, I definitely wonít be back. I will also tell all of my friends to not go there. So now youíve lost my potential sale and the sales of everyone I know.

There have been times where we have gone someplace fully intending to make a purchase and ended up walking out with nothing because we didnít like the way the employees treated us.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:47 AM   #33

Angry Lake City FL CW "Hospitality"

Just to add another log to the CW fire, I would suggest that anyone headed through Lake City FL pass the CW there. About a month ago, we were headed to Orlando on Interstate 75. We had stayed at the KOA in Forsyth GA the night before. I had blown the 150 AMP fuse. We called this dealership and asked is they had one. They said yes "and we'll hold it for you". I told them our location and said it may be right around closing time when I get there but I was sure I could make it. We hit bad storms and this slowed us down--not much but just enough to have us pull into their lot EXACTLY at 6 PM and two employees were 2 feet from the front door they had just locked. I explained who I was and would they please just take 5 minutes to reopen and sell me the fuse. "No. We close at 6 and we have someplace we need to be" and just walked right by me.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!???
So do I need to be someplace and it won't be CW from now on.
Marcus L. needs to pay attention to his own corporation and HIS customers and not be worried about a TV show and other peoples' customers.
How about a little "Undercover Boss" for CW?
Old 07-15-2015, 10:11 AM   #34
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

And the beat goes on.Later RJD
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 11:01 AM   #35

CW

I experienced the dealer from hell not CW with a new MH so moral of the story is you have to see who gives best service like mentioned small dealers often are best but you can have good ones the CW near me has been good depends on dealer and workers. The dealer is only as good as the workers they have.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:58 PM   #36

What's the difference between Wal-Mart and camping world?
NOTHING!! that's why I don't darken the door step of either one anymore
Old 07-17-2015, 02:48 PM   #37

It's all about management and customer service. But that is true at any business whether a fast food restaurant to Walmart.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:59 PM   #38
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

Well the good CW must be few and far between. Laterr RJD

2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, service