Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2015, 09:06 AM   #1

Camping world service dept

I just thought I would pass along some information to any one hoping to have work done at Camping World service department. I took my motor home to CW in Chattanooga, TN. to have the front cap diagnosed as the glass people hired to replace the glass could not get the windshields to stay in and one of the new windshields cracked. The service dept. had the motor home for a month before saying it was ready. When we picked the mh up the carpet was covered with black glue used on the windshield. Approx. 3days later I noticed the windshield had popped out and made arrangements to take it back to CW. I was told the new gasket was never glued in and they would have it fixed. After anther 2weeks we again picked up the mh and returned home. The service manager called me that evening to see if we got home ok. After the call I checked the windshield and found the driver’s window was not in the gasket. Now to the point I would like everyone to know. The insurance company handling this claim asks the service dept. several times to check item and send a report to them as this was a collision case not just window replacement. The service dept. never sent the requested information. This insurance company is the company Good Sam's endorses. The service dept. claims after a month and a half they had no labor in this job. Now those of you that have heard that the CEO of GS and cw Mr. Marcus Lemonis takes these situations serious should know I sent him a certified letter along with a complete log of everything that transpire and after 2weeks emailed him expressing my disappointment that he did not even acknowledge my letter. I have still not heard a word. If one is to present themselves as watching post and taking of matter
THELMALOUIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:09 AM   #2

You need to post this information on the www.rv.net forum, that takes the complaints right to the top. It is a Good Sam run forum.
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:11 AM   #3

Your first, second, and third mistake was taking your rig to Camping World. Your next 3 mistakes were believing that they would do a good job repairing your rig.
If you go to the Motor Home RV/rv.net web site, run and sponsored by CW and it's owner, you will find post after post about the lack of quality of their repair work, and problems with CW purchasing, CW/National General Insurance.
It's hit and miss as far as finding a good CW that takes care of and takes pride in their workmenship. Usually a miss.
Personally, I wouldn't take my rig, or walk into a CW even if I broke down right in fromt of one of their stores.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:56 AM   #4

I bought my TT at Tom Raper RVs who was bought out by CW early this year. Since then I have had nothing but issues and excuses. I have decided that I will now take my TT to a dealer farther away so that I do not have to step foot in CW again EVER!
Central Ohio
thetanu539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:05 PM   #5
Georgia Rally Coordinator

X2 on the CW. GS and CW have become big conglomerates that no longer care about you just the money they can rake in.
Have you tried to send e-mail to the GS news letter where they are always getting your problems solve. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:06 PM   #6

There's much to be said when comparing a corporate nationwide camping store to a local one. I've been to our local cw store and I don't get why people give them money.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-13-2015, 12:13 PM   #7

It's post like this that are convincing me to drive six hours to another dealer instead of 45 minutes to Camping World to make my next RV purchase. Thanks for the warnings.
notaz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:21 PM   #8

My 2 cents: After a CW oil change and service for my MH, the transmission got hot leaving Denver and heading west. Fluid boiled out of the breather and caused the smoke alarm to go off inside the rig. Just what you want laboring uphill to the Eisenhower tunnel! Discovered later that CW had way overfilled the tranny!
Doxies Penny & Lucy
Located Western States
ustamiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:22 PM   #9

Just go to Motor Home Magazine / rv.net, and follow threads in the CW RV Sales, CW accessories, CW Insurance, and CW service and repair. You will see dozens of posts in each about horror stories concerning each. Once in awhile someone has something good to say, but that's maybe 1 out of 10.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:46 PM   #10

Years ago, when I was first thinking of buying a TT, I stopped in at the CW near me. I was treated as though I was at a car dealer - and like the female I am. I was on a fact finding mission to see if ownership was even financially possible. After quite a bit of walking around and not having anyone ask if I needed help, someone did come over. However, when they found out I wasn't right ready to buy, they weren't very pleasant. Not rude - just uninterested. I got the feeling that I was wasting their time. I doubt I'll ever go back there (and I haven't been in over 10 years). Like the car dealer who treated me like that back when I was 18, I'll tell anyone I'm talking to about the way I was treated. These people may have lost my sale but are they aware they are going to lose even more when we pass this information on to our friends?

My dealer now takes care of everything for me .. and pleasantly - and I'm glad to pass on their name in a positive manner.
MartiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:59 PM   #11

CAmping World

Friends of ours bought a 2003 used Diesel Pusher from CW in Ocala, FL. After signing all documents they were treated to a $100 store credit. While shopping the CW folks took their unit and promptly put 70 gallons of Gasoline in the tank. You can't believe the mess that caused.
ron-kanobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:31 PM   #12

Cw problems

Cw made me look like a fool by tearing one side of my fifth wheel up and To this day I think they were gonna try and fix it without me knowing,Why do I say this,Because I dropped my FW off to get a little bubble in the floor fixed and seven weeks later it was not ready so I just showed up to find out what the problem was and this is when I found out they had ran another unit into mine,Not only did it tear the left side up but they had it on blocks and stands because the landing legs were also broken off,My FW was two weeks old when I dropped it off there,It was about another two months before I got it back,From there everything started tearing up,I just got rid of it,Guess what,I traded it into CW and was not even asked about any problems with it,The bad thing about this is they will sell it to someone else and they will not tell them all that has been done to it,By the way they have it on their lot with a list price of $13000 more than I paid for it new,I bought a new Keystone Montana from them and they didn't even do a PDI on it,Now rest of the story,My new unit will not go to CW when there is a problem,Buyers beware of anything in a fifth wheel used that you buy from Cw,My old one is on their lot,It is a Columbus,Can't say to much more.
rmayo38895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:55 PM   #13

Did I make a mistake?

I just recently went with NatGen thru Good Sam's on my TT due to the total loss / stolen "new replacement" option they offered vs. Alfa that only offered "market value" type coverage that could leave me with a very painful payoff gap (TT is a 2014). After reading these posts I'm wondering if I hopped the fence on to grass that is only greener because it's fertilized with you know what....?
Nights camped 2017-16, 2018-6, 2019-10
Admiral_Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 02:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Roo2 View Post
I just recently went with NatGen thru Good Sam's on my TT due to the total loss / stolen "new replacement" option they offered vs. Alfa that only offered "market value" type coverage that could leave me with a very painful payoff gap (TT is a 2014). After reading these posts I'm wondering if I hopped the fence on to grass that is only greener because it's fertilized with you know what....?

I have the same coverage with Progressive and for me the rate was just about the same. I also believe Blue Sky has the same type of new replacement cost coverage. I personally run from anything GS or CW offers or recommends.
Central Ohio
thetanu539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 03:10 PM   #15

And yet another CW episode -- this one in Springfield, MO. We brought our unit in to have two Fantastic Fans installed. On our way home, we noticed the vent/fan cover over the cab rattling, so my wife got up to tighten it down. It was installed 180-degrees backwards!! Checked the other one and it was, too!!! And these were installed by their "Technician of the Month!!!!"
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:35 PM   #16

Biggest isn't always the best...is all I can say.

Bob, Diane & Snoopy
2018 3050s Sunseeker
Santabobswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 05:26 PM   #17

Thanks all for your comments. Hope we were able to help someone else before they have the same treatment.
THELMALOUIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 05:59 PM   #18

flyfisher

I have nothing but bad things to say about CW. I do not know of a single person that has had service there that was not totally unhappy!!!!
bounj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:21 PM   #19

Sad to see all this....I would have thought that such a large presence in the Rv'ing world the standards would be higher. It seems as if the business model for Camping World is not customer service = revenues rather gather as much as we can and forget the customer. Disappointed in Marcus....with such a captive audience he and his team could really do good. Seems they own everything these days....increase the price and decrease the value seems the way things work.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:24 PM   #20

nothing should take that long. how did you do without your MH that long?
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, service