Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 03:10 PM   #21

Sarcasm? People shouldn't bash companies when it's really your own fault.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:23 PM   #22
Happycamper

As with buying a car or camper, a lot of folks just want to know how much the monthly payments are. Fortunately, when buying a vehicle, max loan life I believe is 6 years. On a trailer, 180 months?.. wow. Hope they learned something here, but some people keep repeating mistakes. Good luck.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:29 PM   #23

The moral for me...... NEVER go shopping alone for a major purchase.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:51 PM   #24

Camping World

We didn't purchase from CW but the dealer was similar. Kept adding things finally we scratched every addition including the interest and wonder of wonders we ended up with a much lower interest and more for our trade in and half the price of the extended warranty. They are all really the same. I hope everything works out for her in the end.
Old 11-25-2018, 04:32 PM   #25

I'll write this only to stress the importance of looking at ALL your paperwork where ever it comes from.

For Thanksgiving, I RVed on the beach in SC. On Wednesday I brought lots of fresh seafood (it was great). The cashier told me it would be $118. She printed out the store copy and I blindly signed it.

After getting home I checked my bank account and noticed that instead of being charged $118, I was charged $1,118! I called the store and they were apologetic and quickly fixed the issue.

Next time I will look at the amount of all receipts.

John

2018 Forest River Flagstaff E-PRO 19FBS
2107 Toyota Highlander
Old 11-25-2018, 05:04 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
The moral for me...... NEVER go shopping alone for a major purchase.
Had she done this I think it would’ve went a lot different. Being on her own now and naive to the fact that if you don’t read it they’ll put it on there, bit her in the backside. Hopefully she’ll get all this worked out.

As far as all the other unneeded “sarcasm” goes, I hope that you always make the correct choices in life and no one ever has an opportunity to call you an idiot. It’s so easy to sit at a computer and make fun of peoples troubles.
Old 11-25-2018, 05:35 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkovach1 View Post
As with buying a car or camper, a lot of folks just want to know how much the monthly payments are. Fortunately, when buying a vehicle, max loan life I believe is 6 years. On a trailer, 180 months?

Saw an ad recently on tv for a motorhome that was discounted $50,000. Fine print was "this one unit only, good day of ad, must have excellent credit, 30% down" you get the idea. Payment was a little over $400 a month for 20 years.
Old 11-25-2018, 06:22 PM   #28
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkovach1 View Post

when buying a vehicle, max loan life I believe is 6 years.
Nope!

I had an 8 year loan on both my truck and my 5'ver...

Paid them both off in 3 1/2...

20 year loans on an RV should be against the law since, according to most in the RV business, that after 10 years an RV is supposed to be worthless.

Old 11-25-2018, 06:41 PM   #29

Camping World is the target of several lawsuits.
Your family member may be prudent to investigate whether any of the pending litigation includes these kinds of business practices. She may get some redress through the courts.

It took years for individuals targeted by Wells Fargo schemes to get any assistance, but eventually some did. I suspect that the particular Camping World's inability to produce photocopies is a good starting place for the dispute. That is, to be blunt, absolutely incredible in this day and age. Any inkjet printer can be pressed into service to make photocopies of binding sales contracts...and a brand new one to cover the task for a short period would cost $100 or less. Hell, if nothing else, a phone could have taken photos of the documents. This smells of deliberate fraud.

Your family member's naivete notwithstanding, this deal appears to have been packed to the gills, and it's likely that many of those packs were added after the fact, because their photocopier was "malfunctioning."

She needs counsel.
2006 Ram 1500 4WD Crew with Firestone Airbags
Every weekend boondocking in the National Forests or at Lake Vallecito.
Old 11-25-2018, 06:41 PM   #30

CW will get what's coming to them in the end. They prey on uneducated RV shoppers, they can spot a newbie a mile away and out come the talons. Other RV outfits may do some of the same things but they don't have the market muscle that CW does to gain buyers confidence.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Old 11-25-2018, 07:13 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2camp View Post
Sarcasm? People shouldn't bash companies when it's really your own fault.
So when your little old grandmother falls for a phone scam, a door to door sales person or anyone else who takes financial advantage of her..............

I DON"T want to hear a PEEP out of YOU!!
Old 11-25-2018, 07:42 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmoore13 View Post
Camping World is the target of several lawsuits.
Your family member may be prudent to investigate whether any of the pending litigation includes these kinds of business practices. She may get some redress through the courts.

It took years for individuals targeted by Wells Fargo schemes to get any assistance, but eventually some did. I suspect that the particular Camping World's inability to produce photocopies is a good starting place for the dispute. That is, to be blunt, absolutely incredible in this day and age. Any inkjet printer can be pressed into service to make photocopies of binding sales contracts...and a brand new one to cover the task for a short period would cost $100 or less. Hell, if nothing else, a phone could have taken photos of the documents. This smells of deliberate fraud.

Your family member's naivete notwithstanding, this deal appears to have been packed to the gills, and it's likely that many of those packs were added after the fact, because their photocopier was "malfunctioning."

She needs counsel.
Thanks for the great insight. I will pass that on to her.
I think they were able to get some of the stuff taken off. She had to keep the gap and the warranty until she pays it off in 6 months. The warranty may be a good thing. We haven’t been able to move it to it’s final location due to being too wet. I backed up to it this evening let the back 4 jacks down and water ran out of the front cap next to my left foot. I ran the nose up high and it poured out. So, she’s got to get on the phone with CW tomorrow morning to get this water leak problem addressed.
At this point she’s about ready to tell them to come and get it!!!!
Old 11-25-2018, 07:50 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbare31 View Post
Thanks for the great insight. I will pass that on to her.
I think they were able to get some of the stuff taken off. She had to keep the gap and the warranty until she pays it off in 6 months. The warranty may be a good thing. We haven’t been able to move it to it’s final location due to being too wet. I backed up to it this evening let the back 4 jacks down and water ran out of the front cap next to my left foot. I ran the nose up high and it poured out. So, she’s got to get on the phone with CW tomorrow morning to get this water leak problem addressed.
At this point she’s about ready to tell them to come and get it!!!!
That may be her best option, to force them to "unwind" the deal. Find something else from a more reputable seller.
Old 11-25-2018, 08:12 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
20 year loans on an RV should be against the law since, according to most in the RV business, that after 10 years an RV is supposed to be worthless.

I agree, but when I've said it on this forum in the past, boy, did I get slammed!

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
Old 11-25-2018, 09:14 PM   #35
Site Team

This Thread has been closed as it has drifted off topic and into areas that traditionally result in closing a thread.

The Site Team.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Closed Thread

Tags
camping