Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2016, 09:20 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Michigan/Fort Myers
Posts: 3,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
Get a real old fashioned camera with the exploding flashbulbs. When this happens blast a photo and bulb. When they react, explain that you work for "Campsite Etiquette" magazine.
Honestly love that idea.
__________________

__________________
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:23 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,841
Caution tape and a chalk outline of a body with some watered down ketchup.
__________________

__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:33 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Wobbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Southern, IL
Posts: 1,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Caution tape and a chalk outline of a body with some watered down ketchup.
Ford, you are assuming that these people would walk next to an airplane propeller seeing that it was standing still.
__________________
Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2015 Grey Wolf 26BH
Wobbles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:39 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,841
Weeelll we could do the ol' portable electric fence, but it's a lot more shocking...



'
__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:50 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Blackhat6mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: St Simons Island, GA
Posts: 1,199
Send a message via Skype™ to Blackhat6mike
We use a game cam to watch over our boat at night when pulled up next to our site, just in case it gets stolen. All I ever get are raccoons ckecking it out from the smell of bait.
It would also work to tell you who is cutting through your site day or night. Download the pix and show them to the park rangers/owners. It may help if it's a big problem.
__________________
2013 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax/Allison Tuned
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
"First In, Last Out". 11B4Y
DAV, MOPH, VFW, 5/7 Cav,1/8 Cav Assoc.
11th ABN Pathfinder Co. N7MIP
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:53 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Wobbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Southern, IL
Posts: 1,882
Stinks having to have this conversation.

To the OP, Yes you are right on your expectations. I would expect a walk-around from the neighbors. That is how I was raised.

Ford, We both seem to share a simplistic outlook, just better said that done.
__________________
Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2015 Grey Wolf 26BH
Wobbles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:04 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Michigan/Fort Myers
Posts: 3,927
I'm always amazed at people that get uptight at campgrounds. It's funny when you think about it. We leave our homes to camp in a very small spot with much closer neighbors. We have hundreds of people in a park that would never be allowed to exist if it was permanent housing. All that said we can see the country and meet wonderful people.
It's such a small amount of folks that do the cut through stuff. I wonder how many are new to camping. My family camped when I was growing up and we were taught how to behave. We didn't always but we were taught. Now I behave more often but not always. I don't see many issues like that but then I don't do many state parks anymore. I wish I knew a nice way to educate people with out them getting all defensive.
It's close quarters and for everyone to have a good time everyone needs to follow those few simple rules.
__________________
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:08 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 101
I am loving all of the responses. Thanks for making my day. Indy, I consider my campsite my home away from home. Next time I will say "give me your morels and a beer or you can't pass thru" jk. It is not that big of a deal, just a bit annoying since 12 people have now passed through.
__________________
2 Old Geezers
2 Labradorables
2015 Dodge Ram 1500-Rambo
2015 Roo 21BD-L'ABode
lablover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:17 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Michigan/Fort Myers
Posts: 3,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by lablover View Post
I am loving all of the responses. Thanks for making my day. Indy, I consider my campsite my home away from home. Next time I will say "give me your morels and a beer or you can't pass thru" jk. It is not that big of a deal, just a bit annoying since 12 people have now passed through.

I totally agree. It would bother me also.
__________________
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:20 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Wobbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Southern, IL
Posts: 1,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
I'm always amazed at people that get uptight at campgrounds. It's funny when you think about it. We leave our homes to camp in a very small spot with much closer neighbors. We have hundreds of people in a park that would never be allowed to exist if it was permanent housing. All that said we can see the country and meet wonderful people.
It's such a small amount of folks that do the cut through stuff. I wonder how many are new to camping. My family camped when I was growing up and we were taught how to behave. We didn't always but we were taught. Now I behave more often but not always. I don't see many issues like that but then I don't do many state parks anymore. I wish I knew a nice way to educate people with out them getting all defensive.
It's close quarters and for everyone to have a good time everyone needs to follow those few simple rules.
You hit the nail on the head. Since we are in our own community here, I had my knee jerk reaction to the topic and showed my angst. Happy to have been able to rant here and I mean no harm.

Just an awe crud moment for me.
__________________

__________________
Bob & Michelle
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4
2015 Grey Wolf 26BH
Wobbles is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 PM.