Old 06-26-2016, 08:04 PM   #1

Campsite Etiquette

We just pulled in to Zion National Park and while still setting up people seem to want to cut through our campsite to get to theirs. We have a riverside site and since it is very hot lots of people are tubing down the river which we definitely plan to do. There is a paved walkway that follows the river which is between the river and campsites. I knew about that and expected to see people strolling along. Am I being ridiculous in wanting some privacy and not wanting others cutting down through our site? I thought this was common camping etiquette. Comments please.

2015 Roo 21BD-L'ABode
lablover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:09 PM   #2

I think asking them to please use the trail is not asking too much at all.

Marty

Old 06-26-2016, 08:15 PM   #3

Just hard to fix stupid?? I just try and live with it. As hard as it is.

Russell
Old 06-26-2016, 08:19 PM   #4
Who Dares, Wins

These threads seem to be more and more common... Not good. I had a similar experience a few weeks ago for the first time in 15 years of camping... It is a shame.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
doc73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:30 PM   #5

I am not a mean person and asked nicely to go a different way. He responded with "but my campsite is right over there" as he and his whole family continued to walk on through our site. His last remark was a snide "have a nice vacation ". I mean if he had at least asked, I would have been okay with that. What's wrong with these people?
2015 Roo 21BD-L'ABode
lablover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lablover View Post
I am not a mean person and asked nicely to go a different way. He responded with "but my campsite is right over there" as he and his whole family continued to walk on through our site. His last remark was a snide "have a nice vacation ". I mean if he had at least asked, I would have been okay with that. What's wrong with these people?
Are there any Raccoons at Zion? If there are, sneak on over after it gets dark and toss a few open cans of sardines under their camper. It works every time.
Old 06-26-2016, 08:41 PM   #7

I'm always amazed at how many people get upset about people cutting through their campsite.

We have a favorite spot at a state park, and the site backs up to an old fire trail that leads to marked trails. People constantly come through our site, sometimes on accident and sometimes intentionally.

I couldn't care less and if I'm sitting outside, I usually chat them up and ask how their hike was and if they found any morels (in the spring). I've even offered beers.

My thinking is this: I'm not home, I'm not at work, I'm out in nature, and this is supposed to be a relaxing hobby, not a stressful one. Why should I get worked up about such minor stuff?

Of course, I realize that's just me and not everyone is so laid back.
Old 06-26-2016, 08:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Wait till the sit down to eat outside and walk between their table and trailer. If they say anything just say that you thought that they wanted people to cut across their campsite. Do not forget to say "have nice vacation".
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:49 PM   #9

Say...
"Hey, what site are you at, because I am planning on randomly walking through everyones site that walked through mine later"
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:18 PM   #10

Talking Campsite Etiquette

Get a real old fashioned camera with the exploding flashbulbs. When this happens blast a photo and bulb. When they react, explain that you work for "Campsite Etiquette" magazine.

Wobbles is online now   Reply With Quote