Old 04-30-2015, 07:20 PM   #61
Originally Posted by MtnGuy View Post
Glenn, are you sure Travel Assist would help if your wife was "able" but just didn't want to ??

This is from the Travel Assist website: If you and your traveling companion aren't able to drive, Good Sam Travel Assist will send out a professional driver to get your vehicle home. Be interesting to see if that wording could come back to haunt someone.
That is interesting. I did not know such benefits were able to be purchased. I just figured you would have to take the air out of two tires and then have them tow it the couple hundred miles home for you. Most people only carry one spare so you need to take the air out of two tires each on the TV and the RV and claim a bad stretch of road.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:44 PM   #62
Before we bought out first TT (on our 2nd now), I told her there were 2 rules she had to agree to:
1) we had to go camping at least 1 weekend a month
2) she had to learn how to drive, set-up and break-down the rig.

Last weekend when we finished getting ready to leave the SP, I looked in the truck and she and the "kids" (four legs and fury) were already in the truck, her in the driver's seat. We've only had this new rig 2 months... so I don't think I have much to worry about.

Cooksonthego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:11 PM   #63
Spouse / Partner position is open. I was single when I bought the 37' 5er and F350 CC LB diesel (still am). Get quite a few double takes and comments.

I've learned a lot from this forum and anytime I need to research something this is the first place I look.

kaschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:20 PM   #64
My wife has driven the truck once, and I was in the passenger seat fearing for my fenders the entire time. She insists on driving on the white line, and that's not the route to take with a dually. I find riding in her Focus with her to be a hair raising experience at times. There is no way I would hand her the keys to the truck with the trailer attached. I'd buy my brother or one of my buddies a plane ticket first.
2013 F350 dually
2015 Palomino Puma 351THSS Premier Edition
2015 Nights camped 15
2016 Nights camped 5
ferguson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:48 PM   #65
Oh yeah, my wife has no problem pulling the trailer. Hooking and unhooking. She's just not the best backer upper!
larryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:02 PM   #66
DW drives our rig all the time.... from the passenger seat.
doodler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:12 PM   #67
My wife drove my Ram 1500 only once when I first bought it and that was just down the block we live on. Forget about towing.
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
2015 Microlite 25 DHS
Gaberdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:18 PM   #68
My DW refuses to try. Would rather leave it parked and find someone else drive it if something would happen to me.
Joe and Diane Buskirk
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Duramax Diesel 4x4 SWD
2015 360IBL Coachmen 5th Wheel

"Camping is not just a past time it is my relaxing way of life"
buskirk21921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:50 PM   #69
Since my wife was an expert from the passenger seat it only seemed right to let her have the drivers seat. She does a great job pulling the trailer or our 30 ft. boat. She can back it, but usually when we get to the CG she says "you park it". Much better for me. I'm the official navigator, book reader and am very relaxed when we get to our destination. Best move we ever made!
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality Ayn Rand
bob213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:08 PM   #70
Wife, set up and break down our 30 ft class c. I also load and unload it. When my dh feels like it (bad back/legs), he helps, too. Just came in today from Nashville; Seven Points Campground.

rlchall is offline   Reply With Quote