Old 02-29-2016, 12:54 PM   #11
Site Team
9 times out of 10 the delay is with the dealer and not the manufacturer. A call to the manufacturer usually verifies that. My dealership has told me they are usually able to receive parts within 7-14 days of ordering them from FR.

<a href= target=_blank></a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 01:06 PM   #12
That is an absurd amount of time. Picked up our 302fk hemisphere in mid july and promptly took it on an eleven day shake down trip, we found some minor issues and the ladder we ordered had also came in so we scheduled to bring it in, couldn't get an appointment for a month but once we took it in was there for the two days they told us and then home with everything fixed to our satisfaction.

Bear fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 01:57 PM   #13
Now I remember why I do most of my own warranty work. Only time I had good warranty work was when I carried it back to the Factory repair center in Elkhart. They fixed stuff I didn't even know was broke. I carried them a list 2 pages long. The reason had to go back was dealership refused to repair the holes in roof even though I found them the same day I bought it when I got home. The plywood was already black underneath, so you know I didn't run under any limbs as they claimed and damage it. I did get compensated for travel expenses also.
Ke5rbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:03 PM   #14
We've twice had problems getting repairs completed by the dealer on our 2011 Georgetown 327DS. Both times, it was the "waiting for parts" issue that came up against a planned trip. Again, both times, it wasn't FR that had the parts issue, it was Lippert. The first time, the dealer called in the parts request and it was never entered into Lippert's system. It was an end-of-day call and the person who took the call quit at the end of the workday. The dealer never followed up on the missing part until my DW screamed bloody murder at them. Once the part arrived, additional needed parts were scavenged from another new unit on the lot with ordered replacement parts replacing the scavenged ones. We made it out later than planned but were able to arrive at our destination just before we had to be there.

The second time was a replacement part for the automatic steps. This broke on Friday, on the way home from picking up the unit which had been in storage. I spent Saturday morning at the dealer, using borrowed tools, removing the broken part and leaving it for them to order a replacement Monday morning. It was due in Tuesday and never arrived. When it didn't arrive Wednesday, the day I had to leave to attend the conference I paid for, the dealer finally pulled the part from another unit on the lot and installed it. When they called Lippert Wednesday, they finally received a return call with an apology, "It's still on our loading dock, we forgot to give it to FedEx Monday and it was scheduled for overnight delivery."

It took Lippert three years to finally fix the hydraulic jack wiring harness problem. I have the upgraded harness now and haven't had any issues since it was last replaced during the Goshen rally two years ago. My steps were replaced this past summer, again at the international rally, after stripping out the gears in the motor.

pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:20 PM   #15
Must be something about Nov. 4th

I took my 5ver in for slide out repair after a minor bump up with a short pole. I took it in on the same day as you but took to Country Roads RV in Lexington NC.
Still waiting on the right parts to come in from Lippert Industries. I was there last week and they showed me the part that was made exactly opposite from what it was suppose to be. The wrong part was sent in first time and it seems to take a very long time to even get parts.
Supposedly Lippert is making the right part, because right now my camper is apart in one of the service bays.
Way way too long for repairs.
Good luck on getting yours repaired and I think this year I won't take anything in for repair on Nov 4th
adrinkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:31 PM   #16
Had similar problem and the following worked. advise your dealer your are picking up your RV for failure to perform and that you will so inform the local BBB and online ratings forums and also advise Forest River of the same. Call Forest River and Ask for your area Representative and also the name of another authorized dealer. Call your area representative and advise that person of the failure of the representative dealer to perform and that you will keep them informed and track you warranty with them to assure their completion of their warranty responsibilities. It works.
William Mangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:18 PM   #17
I do not know how any reputable salesman could work for LD knowing that once you purchase from them they never want to see or hear from you again. I have lived near this dealer for 30+ years and have heard so many horror stories about their service dept I am shocked that any mfg. would authorize them to sell their units let alone do or not do warranty work for them.....
Bob Vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:58 PM   #18
Is there a list of reputable repair facilities anywhere on the forum?
I will, most certainly, avoid C W for ANY future repairs.
Denny B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:06 PM   #19
7 Year Class A RV'er
Sorry to see someone else having the same issues I've encountered with the same dealer. Mine is a 2015 Legacy. Last time I took it to them, they said to wait for it. Then they decided I needed to leave it. Had stuff in the fridge and freezer so they said no problem, they would keep it plugged in. I spoke to them daily for six weeks as they played with it. Each time they assured me it was plugged in. When they finally got it done, I drove down and picked it up. They brought it around and left it. Upon opening the door, I was struck with an interior temp of well over 100F and the overwhelming stench of rotted chicken and flies from the stuff in the freezer! They cleaned it up, but it has taken me months to finally get rid of the smell in the freezer! I've tried everything in the book with those clowns to join avail. Is your service rep named Neil? That's the moron I was assigned! FR has been absolutely no help in getting them off dead center. I'm getting ready to talk with Giant Recreation a World or Orlando RV here in town to use them for service instead of Lazy Days. They come much more highly recommended though I have yet to use them. Maybe we should round up all the folks Lazy Days' service department have messed around and pay them a visit with a couple of news crews! Hope you're monitoring this, Lazy Days and Forest River!
2015 Legacy SR340 360RB
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Toad

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:47 PM   #20
I can relate to what you are saying Old Man. The dealer I bought from was great until after sale service and it was just horrible. But I lucked out and found a great dealer in Calgary called Bucars. Can't say enough about them.
Hope you can find one to help you out.

Carrier is offline   Reply With Quote