Old 10-14-2016, 06:12 PM   #11
Georgia Gets Around
Purchase new unit on Amazon or Ebay

Three screws to remove from inside unit. Drill out the stamped rivets. Use pliers to pull plunger out of door jam. Plunger is spring loaded so it takes some effort.

I was actually locked twice, once because of plunger and then again because of thrown dead lock. The cast aluminum or what ever metal, broke twice when engaged. I now carry a spare lock set just in case it happens again.

Funny thing, after it occurred, we met another Georgetown owner who now always leaves his window unlocked so he can get in just in case his lock breaks again!

2015 Georgetown XL 369
2005 Jetta TDI on ACME Dolly
frugalbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:26 PM   #12
My friend, who we were camping with last week, had the same problem. His wife got locked in while he was fishing, and she called us and then him. We went over to their sight, and my wife kept my friend's wife company til he got back- only about 10 minutes. Well, he hemmed and hawed around wondering what to do when my wife reminded him that he did have a driver's entrance door. We got her out, but he wasn't able to get the main door open at all. He got discouraged, packed up everything, and went home. Kind of sad since we had reservations for a year ahead of time and his vacation got ruined. Think they would give him a refund on his remaining 7 days? No way. But that's another story... Anyway, his MH is sitting at an RV dealer lot waiting to get fixed.

2015 Forest River Rockwood Signature Series Ultra Lite 8289WS w/Diamond pkg.
2014 RAM CTD 6.7 Tradesman 4WD Auto Crew Cab Long Bed
tdst51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 02:37 PM   #13
Ditto on my 2015 GT 364. Trimark sent me a new one for free!
Vince and Charlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 08:26 PM   #14
I ran into a different problem with the (single) door on my 2011 Georgetown 327DS. The DW was inside and I was outside hooking up the toad at the end of the International Rally a few years ago when I discovered that I couldn't get the door open. Getting into the RV was simple because I just had her open up the emergency escape window and I crawled in through it. I couldn't open the door from the inside either.

A quick call to FR's Georgetown service facility got me an invitation to bring the rig over and they would see what they could do. When I got there, I tried again to open the door from the inside and discovered that by pulling it towards the hinges while trying to open it, it would open easily.

An examination of the door determined that the sheet metal screws that hold the door trim to the door had come loose and the last time the door had been closed, one of them came out enough to catch on the frame, keeping the door from opening. Inspecting those screws has become part of my regular checks.

pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:01 PM   #15
Steel, did you get your lock problem resolved? If so, what was your solution?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Dorothy, Miss Bella and I. Sometimes daughter and grands, loving life.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:37 PM   #16
Everyone that experiences this needs to file a complaint with NHSTA through This is a real safety issue and it is ocurring way too often.
Here is a link to a forum with several others with the same
html#post1287061 and

Dave and Pam Carroll
Callie - 8 yo chihuahua/yorky mix
2014 Legacy SR300 340BH
2013 Chevy Sonic Toad
Full-timing since January 2016
padcarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:34 PM   #17
On the subject of locks!

Has any one found locks that can replace outside cam locks on and FR-3 30DS

These locks are lousy and I would love to replace them if possible!!!
Larry Roth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 10:27 AM   #18
Camping World sells replacement barrel locks for the compartments but they're the wrong kind of lock because you can only remove the key when the lock is in the locked position.

I have barrel locks I purchased from a vendor I ran into at the Quartzite RV show a few years ago. The key can be removed with the lock open and closed which is what I wanted. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the vendor and the documentation I have is in the RV which is in storage right now. I bought enough locks to change out all of the ones for the compartments that do not contain RV hardware that service technicians need access to.

I did a search on the web and found what I believe is the vendor: Industrial Lock & Hardware. The web address to get to their site is:

pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote