Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2016, 08:51 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Orlando
Posts: 304
Caulk for gutter spouts.

I need to re caulk my spouts. The OEM caulk gets very hard and holds the spouts very well. Does anyone know what the name brand of this caulk is? Someone mentioned Geocell 2300 but this is not it, although it is a good adhesive caulk.
__________________

__________________
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 11:00 AM   #2
King of the Road
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 74
I just use a clear silicone adhesive sealant for my exterior "caulk" needs. Never a problem.
__________________

__________________
2016 Crusader Lite
Single slide

2013 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Tow Vehicle
Dano1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 11:13 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 2,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
I need to re caulk my spouts. The OEM caulk gets very hard and holds the spouts very well. Does anyone know what the name brand of this caulk is? Someone mentioned Geocell 2300 but this is not it, although it is a good adhesive caulk.
There are a couple of different 2300 series Geocel caulks.

I received two tubes of 2300 Vehicle Body Sealant from the factory saying they used this on all areas outside except the roof.

*HERE* is a link.

__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel
Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4
TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
2016 Nights Camped = 46
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:20 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Orlando
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
There are a couple of different 2300 series Geocel caulks.

I received two tubes of 2300 Vehicle Body Sealant from the factory saying they used this on all areas outside except the roof.

*HERE* is a link.

Thanks for the info. Have you used this stuff?
The caulk used to hold the gutter spouts is different from most caulks. It dries hard and has no flex at all. Any more info would be appreciated since the stuff is fairly expensive.
__________________
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:55 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 2,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
Thanks for the info. Have you used this stuff?
The caulk used to hold the gutter spouts is different from most caulks. It dries hard and has no flex at all. Any more info would be appreciated since the stuff is fairly expensive.
I have used it. Not for rain gutters though.

I had two places on my unit where the bead had missed the seam they were sealing. One on a slide and one near the rear ladder.

I contacted the factory and they sent me a couple of tubes saying what I described above. It went on easy, sealed well, looked just like all other caulk beads on my unit and is clear.

I can't attest for the flex(ability) as my use was simply applying it to a seam.
The bead does seem harder than that of something like silicone.

Hope this helps.

Contact the factory for your brand and they will tell you what they use.
At least they did for mine. They might even send you some!
__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel
Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4
TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
2016 Nights Camped = 46
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:55 PM   #6
Member
 
frozen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 151
Haven't any of you guys heard of Lexell?
__________________
frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 07:34 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 2,415
Lexel by Sashco is great stuff but it isn't what the factory uses on my rig.
__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel
Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4
TST Tire Monitor - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
2016 Nights Camped = 46
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 08:04 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Orlando
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
I have used it. Not for rain gutters though.

I had two places on my unit where the bead had missed the seam they were sealing. One on a slide and one near the rear ladder.

I contacted the factory and they sent me a couple of tubes saying what I described above. It went on easy, sealed well, looked just like all other caulk beads on my unit and is clear.

I can't attest for the flex(ability) as my use was simply applying it to a seam.
The bead does seem harder than that of something like silicone.

Hope this helps.

Contact the factory for your brand and they will tell you what they use.
At least they did for mine. They might even send you some!
Thanks.
__________________

__________________
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
caulk

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 AM.