Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2018, 08:27 AM   #81

Stolen Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcds1 View Post
Hello. Been lurking a bit. Posting today as we are living a nightmare.
July 20 we bought a 2013 CFK and made arrangements to keep it on the lot where it had been since Spring. Arranged to have a driver get it to Florida for us but not until next week 17/18.
Packed the car set out Thursday planning to drop a few things off at the new trailer. Turned the corner and IT WASNT THERE!!!
Ran in to ask where they moved it and were told that it was gone over last weekend and they ASSumed we had our driver pick it up.
They were informed that it would not be until the 17th.
Waited almost five hours for the sheriff to come to make a report. Have notified insurance.
I busted my butt to find what we wanted what we could afford and we were so very excited about this new to us Winter home.
Last seen location 7202 S Division Cutlerville Michigan.
In RV sales row. Tons of places. We bought from an individual who is a friend of the lot where it was stored.
Putting it out there hoping there MIGHT yet be a few honest people who were raised by parents and not breeders who could keep an eye out. We are devestated in that I have spent over two months searching and researching to find what we need and could afford.
Cops are busy. Our need is not a priority. I have been searching CL and other places to see if it’s out there online somewhere. Doing all I can think to do.
Also if it is not found we are in the market for another. Love the model with the front kitchen but realize it is rare. My hubby is 80 and the 28 foot isn’t cutting it now. Space and safety needed. That sit down shower would have been great.
Having it be our home away from the snow was a dream.
This all feels unreal. We are numb and a state of shock. Not so much financially although it’s a pinch but because we really Loved this rig.
Just strange that it’s there for so long. We buy it and less than 3 weeks later it is stolen.
Keep your eyes out please. Maybe those responsible will move near where you are located.
So very sorry for your loss. Things just aren't safe nowadays. Our son's motorcycle was stolen from right in front of his house. He had the steering locked, so 2 people would have had to pick it up and load it into a truck or trailer. It was heavy bike, Kawasaki KLR 650. He lived on a busy corner in town and no one saw a thing. They are stealing things all around our area here in SE Kansas. Cars, trailer, motorcycles, etc. We have a lock on our 5th wheel hitch to keep it from being stolen. The police do nothing, because theft is not high on their list of priorities.
desuhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 12:26 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzGolfDog View Post
The VIN list in the thread shows up in a search at the following web site. www.salvagedb.com

It’s probably showing up there because I believe they stated it was written off due to flooding.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:52 PM   #83
Gustafson

Whoa, this really sucks. I do wonder about ensuring something that was written off as Flood damaged.

From one Michigander to another, best of luck to you.
woodrockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:45 PM   #84
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Even though there may not have been any flooding in Michigan since the time the TT in question was made, it is probable that it was brought from somewhere that has had floods.

Shortly after Hurricane Katrina...a lot of those cars from the flood zone found their way all over the country in droves,

Same thing may have happened to this RV...

And maybe even an internal plumbing burst causing extensive 'flooding' of the TT could have been a cause, also.

Basically, water damage of any kind could be considered 'flooding'.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 04:47 PM   #85

Don't they have security camera's on the lot? Hope you find it soon.
Dawnfromfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:31 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusadernoob View Post
With all the stolen trailers it really makes me want to put a tracker on ours.
That is a GREAT idea. I think they're only about $20 and they send the info to your phone. I think I'll do that. Thanks.
Silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:33 AM   #87

We have a 2015 cedar Creek cottage for sale. It is like new as we have not used it but 1 winter in South TX..
2yales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 04:30 PM   #88

Dear Lcds1,
I feel so badly about your predicament; I can't get it off my mind. Yesterday I drove across Michigan on US-10 on vacation. I kept looking at trailers for sale along the road to see if they matched the picture of yours. I know it would be unlikely for a stolen trailer to be parked along a major road but my heart goes out to you.
Silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:47 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2yales View Post
We have a 2015 cedar Creek cottage for sale. It is like new as we have not used it but 1 winter in South TX..
Would love to know more! Do you have it advertised anywhere? Pics online? You can email me at
lcds1@yahoo.com

Thank you Thank You!
lcds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 06:53 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbirch View Post
Dear Lcds1,
I feel so badly about your predicament; I cstolen trailer to be parked along a major road but my heart goes out to you.
Thank you so much. Our eyes have been doing a double take as we go by storage places or see an RV next to someone’s garage etc. We both said we wonder how long we will continue to do so.

I appreciate your caring heart. At times we still feel in shock! Talked to the detective last Thursday they have not interviewed etc anyone as of that day.

The waiting game is hard - I am looking for a replacement but that is hard to do without selling our RV that is in Florida and or the insurance claim being done.

Thank you again.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:34 PM   #91

Update

Well it took two months to the day that we bought our RV to get through all that was required by insurance.
They paid off our CU - in total we lost 2610
(deductible mich plate sales tax two months interest) money we really could not afford to throw away! No word ever on suspects or whereabouts of the trailer.
Stung like the dickens but I got to make the first payment on it on MY BIRTHDAY.
Happy news is we finally left for Florida and the night before we got there I was browsing FB Marketplace and a 2016 FR Sandpiper apppreared which was 35 miles from our RV park in Florida
We are very happy with this unit and all in all things have worked in our having a more spacious convenient place to stay.
Thank you all for your help and support.
Some days we still say “how why realllly?!”
Old 09-24-2018, 09:49 PM   #92

Quote:
Well it took two months to the day that we bought our RV to get through all that was required by insurance.
They paid off our CU - in total we lost 2610
(deductible mich plate sales tax two months interest) money we really could not afford to throw away! No word ever on suspects or whereabouts of the trailer.
Stung like the dickens but I got to make the first payment on it on MY BIRTHDAY.
Happy news is we finally left for Florida and the night before we got there I was browsing FB Marketplace and a 2016 FR Sandpiper apppreared which was 35 miles from our RV park in Florida
We are very happy with this unit and all in all things have worked in our having a more spacious convenient place to stay.
Thank you all for your help and support.
Some days we still say “how why realllly?!”
I can’t say how or why but in the end you will probably be better off. Good luck.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:03 PM   #93

Glad to hear you’re made somewhat whole....
Enjoy life daily!
Thor Vegas 25.5
Randy’s Rod Shop & Fabrication
Big-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:29 AM   #94

Quote:
Sounds like the planets were lined up correctly when you got to Florida. You got a 3 year newer unit and one that fits your needs. Both Florida and Arizona are good places to find a reasonably priced used rv.

I'm a glass half full person and although you did lose money, you sound satisfied with the newer rv. Hope you have a good winter in Florida.
Old 09-25-2018, 05:49 AM   #95

Glad to hear that things finally worked out for you, now enjoy your new home!!!!!
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 08:04 AM   #96

How much did you save on shipping? Awesome news on the new unit and the old being taken care of. With luck the thieves will get what's coming.
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:20 AM   #97
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Glad everything worked out for you!

It would be interesting to hear what happened to the other one if you ever find out.

I like to think that all things happen for a reason.

That being said, there just might be a reason for that other trailer being stolen...and you may never know that reason!

Maybe it was filled with problems...had mold in it...the roof was going to cave in...nothing actually worked in it...something!

Higher powers that be could be at work here and in reality...maybe the one you found in Florida is the one that really was meant to be for you.

If any of that makes any sense...

JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek