Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2018, 08:33 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Maybe I missed it, but my first thought is check with the transporters to make sure they

But I'd start with the first paragraph..
I called trucker 3 min after we got there to make sure. He had not changed from his dates of picking it up the 17 or 18..
Then I called 911.

We are finding we are having to be the detectives and are doing so. Son is helping.
We have a possible person relative of the former owner and have informed Kent Co sheriff but so far no feedback from them.
lcds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:56 AM   #42

Who is the trailer titled to right now at the DMV? You or still the seller? Do you have a new title in your name?
Old 08-16-2018, 09:10 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcds1 View Post
The whole idea of doing this was to make life easier for us. ESP him. He uses a cane and walker.

I am looking in Florida for another unit- although we both hold out a glimmer of hope ours will be found- but am open to other areas. That’s because we have a wonderful pro truck driver who will tow for us - and we get a family type rate from him.
I sympathize. My spouse is also in declining health.

You may need to rethink this. Unless you have a handicapped accessible rv, things may begin to be difficult for him. Just getting in and out of our rig is a challenge and since we are now dealing with a spouse's fractured ankle, we're not going anywhere soon.

It doesn't sound like you are going to be traveling in the rig, so as someone else suggested... consider renting or buying a 'park model'. Most of them are fairly large tt or 5th wheelers although some places have mobile homes. There are now internet sites where people will rent out their private rigs, but I haven't used one. You might also consider renting a mobile home that is handicapped accessible (at least to get in and out of the unit.)

I know people tell you to buy not rent, but you might spend a lot on a rig and find out that it doesn't fit your needs. Then you have to deal with selling a buying again.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:36 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwdilday View Post
Who is the trailer titled to right now at the DMV? You or still the seller? Do you have a new title in your name?
Title is in our name and CU holds lien.
I have the title in hand. Insurance now has a copy.

Fun is - I get to make a payment Sept 1st!

Hubby and I have always been the kind to give 110% of ourselves ....

We are trying to find humor in a pretty humorless situation.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:44 AM   #45
Site Team

Quote:
Title is in our name and CU holds lien.
I have the title in hand. Insurance now has a copy.

Fun is - I get to make a payment Sept 1st!

Hubby and I have always been the kind to give 110% of ourselves ....

We are trying to find humor in a pretty humorless situation.
If the credit union holds the lien, then this RV should be insured somewhat. Have you started the process of filing a claim on it yet? You may lose some money depending on how they value it, but it won't be a total loss.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:05 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
If the credit union holds the lien, then
Ms.
Yes it is insured. Yes they have all required papers and the keys now.

Yes we will lose money. Any money not paid us that we paid is a loss.
For instance DMV will not let us transfer or refund for license plate. Even though I called and explained it never was on the trailer. That’s a 300 loss. Not sure how coverage is going to work yet. Have to trust the adjuster.

Not easy cuz right now I ain’t trustin nobody!
Old 08-16-2018, 10:15 AM   #47
RV There Yet?

Quote:
Yes it is insured. Yes they have all required papers and the keys now.

Yes we will lose money. Any money not paid us that we paid is a loss.
For instance DMV will not let us transfer or refund for license plate. Even though I called and explained it never was on the trailer. That’s a 300 loss. Not sure how coverage is going to work yet. Have to trust the adjuster.

Not easy cuz right now I ain’t trustin nobody!
I would not trust the adjuster in this case. you know what you paid for the rig and what it should be worth. fight for that amount. many years ago my older brother (still learning to drive) totaled his car. insurance adjuster offered about half of what we thought it was worth. my father argued back and forth with them for about a week and finally had enough. so he told the adjuster, if you can find me the exact same car, not similar, but the same car , in the same condition and miles, for the price you are offering, we will take your money and be done. if you cant, you need to pony up the replacement cost. two days later we had the check for the actual replacement cost. dont roll over, fight for every penny.
IsleDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 11:04 AM   #48

You indicated you got a great deal on the trailer. And you purchased it at arms-length. And it was stolen shortly after with no additional use. Stand your ground with the adjuster.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:37 PM   #49

X? if the insurance covered it for X$ and you never took possession...then it was a total loss and and total payoff. Will you loose any money? Prolly. Maybe it will be minimal. I hope the rest of the story goes easy.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 01:43 PM   #50

We had that happen a couple of years ago on a fifth wheel. Went to sign the papers. Trailer and tow gone. Had left it hooked to the tow. Obviously an inside job. Found it a week later mired in a cornfield. Everything of value stolen out of it. By then we'd found a better unit anyway. Sorry for your experience.
Mdaniels4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:30 PM   #51

I am sorry this has happened. I despise thieves and liars. I will pray something great will happen for you guys.
RetiredBadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:47 PM   #52

Sad to hear. No cameras anywhere? So easy to set them up and they make them to run on batteries 3 or 4 months. Unfortunately we have to all be aware of security everywhere we go. It when I travel, I'm always on code yellow or red which means I'm always on guard to some degree. Hope you find. Its locked up somewhere and will probably sold so keep an eye.
Dpelaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:50 PM   #53

When I was up in MI the other week there was one on the site next to me at Port Huron KOA. No one was using it. It caught my eye since I never saw one like it before and kind of wondered why it would be in a KOA. That was on August 8, 2018.

Frank 215-760-4142

It would have been site 2 since I was on 3.

2016 Jeep Cherokee Limited 3.2 V6 factory tow package with WDH.
camrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:57 PM   #54

Sorry for the loss... I would ride the insurance adjuster hard for full value of what you spent. Most of my insurance claims have been fair and covered license and tax as well. Being used you shouldn't be upside down in fact they might give you more then you paid friends did that once on a used car.

I agree it is a shame we have to deal with thefts among us.
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:59 PM   #55

Quote:
I searched US wide. And was thrilled to find this one. It was a “flood” title but we checked it and it was like new and no problems. (Some adjuster was in a hurry that day lol)
My wife and I own a Cottage and feel quite badly for you...
We’ve very little faith in Insurance Adjusters working on behalf of the insured as we have been shafted twice in the last couple of years. The last time I had to start lawsuit proceedings against the Insurance Company before they got one of their own Adjusters on the case rather than the Contracted Adjuster... Months later we are finally seeing some satisfaction...

One thing that concerns me is the flood title you mentioned above. If the title was branded, regardless of the condition of the unit, the insurance company may very well try to get out of paying any more than Salvage value. That is, unless, the unit was professionally inspected and a statement of condition from that inspector is available.

The other thing is that Insurance people (adjusters, underwriters, claims reps and lawyers) also do Internet searches. They may have already found this thread since you posted the VIN.
If I were you, I would see about cleaning up some of your posts to remove information that may well work against you...

Best of luck to you and your husband as you try to unravel this mess and get on with your lives...
Thor Vegas 25.5
Randy’s Rod Shop & Fabrication
Big-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:04 PM   #56

Ask the guy who spotted a possible location of your stolen rig at the Port Huron koa. Get the probable site numbers where he saw it. Then call the koa and see if they can locate the registration papers and more importantly the licence plate number of the person who rented the site. If u can find those call the Port Huron police and ask to talk to a detective. U might get lucky.
marcfriedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:06 PM   #57

Did you have it registered as of yet? If so report to MV and carfax by vin#; who ever will not be able to tag it and carfax will show os stolen. But as said before sounds a little fishy. Just saying!
FreddyFreeloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:45 PM   #58

Thank God you had insurance.
ChrisParise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:48 PM   #59

Quote:
https://stolen911.com/stolen/cedar-creek-cottage-40/

Hope this works!

Not sure how to upload pictures.

VIN 4X4TCRS23DS208983
I posted this link to Facebook. If you are on Facebook, and have not already done it, I'd suggest posting it publicly. Pictures make it all the better. Good luck.
Sprinter2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:59 PM   #60

Sorry for your situation. I tend to agree with others that it would be wise to contact the seller you bought from to find out if they know anything. I am surprised the park owner was not concerned that the unit disappeared prior to the scheduled date.
dmayo13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek