Old 05-27-2018, 10:32 AM   #1

Cedar Creek Customer Service

After a long search for a new fifth wheel, my wife and I purchased a 2018 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34RE. We love this model although I think Cedar Creek has dropped this one from their lineup. This post is not for the trailer itself, but for the wonderful service we received from Cedar Creek after a horrible Pre-delivery and first trip out inspections. We live in California, but the floor model we were searching for was in Rock Springs, Wyoming. The sales dept. and sales experience were exceptional. We took delivery in November. Cold, windy, storm approaching. We decided to trust what the dealer said they did to ready the trailer for sale, and our trip back. I knew better, but because of the weather we did a quick walk through and left. We returned to California and rushed to the nearest RV park for a shakedown inspection. I don't care what brand you buy, you will have some issues. Our surprise came as soon as I hooked up water to the unit and the on demand water heater spewed water from what I thought was a tear in copper tubing. Large issue #2, the 50" TV that raises from cabinets had multi colored lines in picture. Both issues were warranty refused from their manufacturers, one was freeze damage and the TV problem was from 2 impacts, so they say. My next call was to Cedar Creek. After hearing horror stories about trailer manufacturers denying help, I was taken back by Cedar Creeks caring attitude. I was apologized to for my inconvenience, and was told they would cover those damages. I did convince the dealer the freeze damage was on them for not winterizing as requested, but Cedar Creeks customer service made my day!! Happy that Cedar Creek was our fifth wheel choice.

jimbo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:20 AM   #2

Last November we ordered the same FW the 34RE. We liked the all windows around the lounge area and the fact it is the smallest CC. Surprised the model was discontinued. I was concerned about being 42' long. Bedroom is a little small with the king bed. Don't care much. We bought the premium mattress plus a $200 topper. Might sleep better than home.

We picked it up in late March during a snow squal in Cincinnati.

I can tell you our FW was virtually perfect. Not sure if it was because of CC or the dealer Couches RV Nation.

We are leaving for a month next Saturday. First stop Jellystone park near St. Louis. Wandering about after that.

Have fun!

tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:06 PM   #3

Cedar Creek customer service has been great for us. We have a discontinued model too, 32RL that all in all has been great and what wasn’t was taken care of by Cedar Creek
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 08:25 AM   #4

Just got back from a trip to Pismo Beach Ca. A few more things to work out on our CC. Nothing big. We almost purchased from Couch Nation also, because CCs are not popular out here. Not a lot to choose from, and the 34RE was the only plan for us. The wife loved the huge living area, and I liked the light pin weight of this model. We too have the same king bed, and shortly will cut down the platform and replace with queen for a little more room. Like to here your thoughts on the water heater if you have on demand model. Our only complaint is the design of the bath sink. Can't brush your teeth unless you open huge medicine cabinet door. Have fun at Jellystone!
Old 05-28-2018, 08:46 AM   #5

There are quite a few threads running about tank less water heaters, if you have time I would suggest just using the search mode for them and read all of them it will be a learning curve using them but the threads offer help with them. Good luck and enjoy your Cedar Creek, very nice unit.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 10:54 AM   #6

No RV is perfect! The Cedar Creek 34RE was pretty close.

Annoying. The bathroom sink fails the spit test. You have to get contorted or Open the medicine cabinet door, easy! Problem solved.

Yes the bedroom is too small for the king bed. However, once it it. Whoa! That's good. Not happy the expensive folding dining room chairs will not fit under the bed.

Studied the water heater thing. My wife is from a family of 8 kids in a single bathroom house. She is a navy shower person. Turns the water off and on. Does not work with the demand showers. Would not consider it.

There is a learning curve to the demand ones. Read about it. Most folks like them. My DW, is to say, bullheaded. Ox stubborn. The 12 gallon is swell. We get two nice showers easily. We have visions of boondocking. The next two parks we are visiting have no sewers. One does not have water.

We got a traditional rv fridge. 13 cu ft. Works for us.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:34 PM   #7

Cedar Creek Customer Service

We pick up our 2019 34RL2 next week....from Couch's. We are heading back to IN to see Orvan Fry, for his QA (he's tougher than the factor inspectors).

Denise Davis and the Cedar Creek factory have been incredibly nice to us and our 2009 Silverback (which is why we are buying our 2nd CC)....we required MAJOR structural repairs which they completely covered (including transportation to the factory - we opted to go pick it up), then they threw in several FREEBIES - all new slide seals, new 4 step stairs, a new trailaire king pin, and they fixed a slide floor. I believe our rig was already 7 yrs old when this occurred.

We opted for the 12 gal HW tank, the old style 4 step fold-up stairs, and the Gas/Electric refer...we also got several bells & whistle that our Silverback doesn't have. We can't wait.
Splashes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 03:53 PM   #8

Another thing about our new CC 34RE was there is only 1 USB port on the radio! We bought a wall plug in gizmo with 4 ports.

Our unit was near perfect when inspected in March.

Will find out for sure in June.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splashes3 View Post
We pick up our 2019 34RL2 next week....from Couch's. We are heading back to IN to see Orvan Fry, for his QA (he's tougher than the factor inspectors).

Denise Davis and the Cedar Creek factory have been incredibly nice to us and our 2009 Silverback (which is why we are buying our 2nd CC)....we required MAJOR structural repairs which they completely covered (including transportation to the factory - we opted to go pick it up), then they threw in several FREEBIES - all new slide seals, new 4 step stairs, a new trailaire king pin, and they fixed a slide floor. I believe our rig was already 7 yrs old when this occurred.

We opted for the 12 gal HW tank, the old style 4 step fold-up stairs, and the Gas/Electric refer...we also got several bells & whistle that our Silverback doesn't have. We can't wait.
Amazed that CC took care of your problems on a 7 year old FW! Hope they continue to stand behind their products. If we would have ordered our unit we would have went with standard water heater (12 gallon). Good luck with your new 34RL2, it's a great floorplan. We went with the 34RE for the 1850lb pin weight. Only have 3/4 ton to pull it with, and with Timbren enhancement it pulls great.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
There are quite a few threads running about tank less water heaters, if you have time I would suggest just using the search mode for them and read all of them it will be a learning curve using them but the threads offer help with them. Good luck and enjoy your Cedar Creek, very nice unit.
Checked out many posts on the tankless water heaters, and would not have one, but that's what my FW came with. Your right, there is a learning curve on using them and if one variable changes it messes it all up to where you need to adjust. For those that have more than a couple using hot water or you do a lot of laundry in your trailer they are efficient and never run out of hot water.

Tags
cedar creek, customer service, service