Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
Camping trips this year so far...8
Days camping...75
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 03:04 PM   #22
Site Team

Now that we are permanent we have almost enough chairs/tables to seat half the campground.

One 6-person table/chair set is in our screen room. Another table with 3 chairs is sitting in front of our trailer. Plus the picnic table provided by the CG and all the bag chairs (at least 5) we never got rid of. We also keep a foldable rocking chair in our shed.

Old 07-13-2016, 03:14 PM   #23

Four chairs

We carry two comfortable zero gravity for us at our site, and two small without arm rest bag chairs for the beach, out door festivals, guests, etc. Works for us!
Old 07-13-2016, 03:18 PM   #24

Let's see... there are three of us and we typically bring... eight chairs. Eight?!

There's my zero gravity chair (Bella the camping kitty's fave) and DW's director's chair.

A small bag chair for Emily (which she is rapidly outgrowing)...

...and another one which is Bella's actual chair...

Two rigid arm bag chairs that stay in storage unless we have guests, and two very handy low-slung folding chairs with big pockets and backpack straps that are perfect for the beach.

www.restcure.ca

illegitimi non carborundum
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 03:51 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
WM, we are not far apart and need to meet someday!

I live next to my aged mother as well! Talk about a challenge. And my daughter is here visiting from Colorado Springs and heard the discussion about this thread with me and DW and said "I can help get rid of two of the zero gravity chairs if you want, I'm leaving for home in the morning".

I never said I would get rid of TWO of them. They are uber comfortable! But I don't see the need to provide another two to guests............I use them when I'm not visiting, and have a newspaper over my face. They're not really conducive to guest visiting.

None of which matters to DW. So I guess we'll have lots of chairs if anyone needs one.

P.S.
You can't hijack any of my threads. "Going off on a tangent" is often where I pick up neat tidbits. I know, it's not how this place works........but it fits my scattered brain well!!!
We may be closer than you think. I don't know if you are a lifelong Conway resident, but I used to come thru there at least twice a year, especially in my youth. My grandparents, mom and dad, as well as my sisters and brother are all from your close by neck of the woods, Johnson County (Clarksville area) to be exact. I've had many aunts, uncles, cousins, and one sister still stretched out from Little Rock to Eureka Springs. I spent many a summer in North Little Rock when one of my older sisters lived there in Sherwood. You have a Backyard Burger there in Conway, we like to stop at on our trips past to Clarksville.

I'm trying to get up there with my dual sport two wheeler again and ride some of the Trans America Trail, which goes across North Arkansas. If so, I'll let you know and maybe we can plan something.

I am jealous, as you are situated and close by to some of the best camping around. Hot Springs, Petit Jean, Mount Magazine, Nebo, etc.

Hypochondria is the only illness I don't have.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 04:15 PM   #26

wow, I also don't know when to stop with the better half!!!!

Ok,I will bite, I will get into the middle of this spat , when my DW insist that I do what she wants i will ask her "how is that working out for you", maybe not the smartest thing to say but then again I survived many years alone, I can survive again :-), no really I love this one. Now done with the trouble making, my wife is actually a very thrifty spender and packer, all we have is 2 zero gravity chairs and 2 small compact chairs, I only use the compact chairs when I go visit a friend at another site, I never get them out for visitors coming to my site, they always bring their own. I would remove the chairs you don't want to drag along (make sure she isn't watching, that will start a fight), and I bet you she wont even miss them. yeah, I have been married several times.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:21 PM   #27

Just my DW and I. 2 director chairs with side tables-to set our cocktails on-and a zero gravity lounge for her when its nap time.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:27 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
We may be closer than you think. I don't know if you are a lifelong Conway resident, but I used to come thru there at least twice a year, especially in my youth. My grandparents, mom and dad, as well as my sisters and brother are all from your close by neck of the woods, Johnson County (Clarksville area) to be exact. I've had many aunts, uncles, cousins, and one sister still stretched out from Little Rock to Eureka Springs. I spent many a summer in North Little Rock when one of my older sisters lived there in Sherwood. You have a Backyard Burger there in Conway, we like to stop at on our trips past to Clarksville.

I'm trying to get up there with my dual sport two wheeler again and ride some of the Trans America Trail, which goes across North Arkansas. If so, I'll let you know and maybe we can plan something.

I am jealous, as you are situated and close by to some of the best camping around. Hot Springs, Petit Jean, Mount Magazine, Nebo, etc.
WM, I was born here in the first half of the last century. And see what great things happen when you get off topic??? LOL

The Backyard Burger is gone.......but it was replaced with something I never heard of that sells..........um......backyard burgers, ice cream, and pie. Seriously.

No one drives a camper up to Mt. Nebo, dude. Maybe a tent, if it's folded. Anything else, is too scary a drive. They advertise 24' as max, but I wouldn't drive up there in a car. Go to Mt. Magazine if you want something neat.

And we have literally thousands of campgrounds, COE and State Parks (which are dang near free), private ones, you name it. I challenge any other state to come with as many sites per square mile of state. I bet we have more lakes than Minnesota (we don't advertise 2 acre cow ponds as lakes, see?).......

And.........DW can literally pack our entire house into the trunk of an old Vega. She is family-renowned for it. That's what GOT us in this mess.....she packed so much we're over, or close to over, on weight. For sure hard to find anything in that crowded basement. Some of it MUST go. I thought of chairs. She, oddly enough, thought of my 3 very much required cooking devices................

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 04:28 PM   #29

Two Kelty Loveseats in bag. One for us to snuggle, one for our dogs. Or if we're in a mood we can split up but would have to share with a dog. Hard to say no to 120 lbs. Basset. 1 aluminum table in a bag + mat.
I'm an ultralight backpacker @ heart besides dog food takes priority.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:05 AM   #30

We have 2 director style chairs in our camper.. every one of my friends knows to byoc (bring your own chairs)
I must be one of the odd ones out.. I am the one trying to shed unnecessary items, DH is still trying to stuff things in when I'm not looking.

NC
Pinn is offline   Reply With Quote