Old 07-14-2016, 08:34 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Sometimes I think I come up with the stupidest questions. But this one matters.....

We've had one actual trip in the 5'er. Now we need to cut weight and space. Not drastically maybe, but something has gotta go.

DW and I are in a knockdown, dragout, in your face, spitting, punching, shouting match over..........CHAIRS! (no we ain't, but I got your attention). She has FOUR (count 'em, 1, 2, 3, 4) of those zero-gravity chairs. She has 2 straight back folding chairs, and 3 of those bag/folding chairs. I asked her what the HECK? (I shoulda used a different tone, just a suggestion for your newly weds).......

She thinks that we NEED these 'in case someone comes to visit'. I asked her if she thought that the Mormon Tabernacle Choir was coming? Or her high school class??? (That led to the punching, to be honest! )

I think we need two chairs because we have two butts.

I want a LOT of visitors. Y'all are all welcome. But I figure you will bring your own chairs. OK, OK, I'll agree to no more than two of those bag chairs, just so you won't have to sit on an ice chest (which is not a bad thing, IMHO).

These things are not eating that much weight, but they're killing the basement space!

So how do y'all handle this? Do you carry enough chairs for guests???
Tee Hee...lover's spat huh?

For us, it goes like this:

A Reading from the Book of Chairs, Chapter 4, Verses 16 to 20:

Then did he raise on high the Holy RV Chair, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayest sit comfy in thyne camp. To do so, thou shalt carry two chairs. Two shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be two. Three shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count one, excepting that thou then proceedeth to two. Four is right out. Once the number two, being the number of the counting, be reached, then taketh the hand of thine dear wife, along with a beverage of choice, and sitteth in thine chair and camp on!

(Apologies to Monty Python & the Holy Grail )

Seriously though - it is long-standing camp etiquette to BYOC (Bring Your Own Chair) when joining the campfire.

Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:43 AM   #32

Two of us travellin'...we carry two gravity, two firm support upright and two lightweight but full size aluminum. I have had occasion to pull all of them out several times over the last two years and glad we had them.

2014 Crusader 351 REQ Touring Edition (the Cottage)
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD SLT (Allison B)
Nights in the Cottage: 2014: 27, 2015: 80 2016: Jan= 2, Feb=2, Mar=2, Apr=3, May=2, June=8, July=10, Aug=11, Sept=2, Oct=2, Nov=0, Dec=3 Running Total:154
Rigpdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:23 AM   #33

Chairs

Two zero gravity and two bag fold up. Two of us

Where we winter if you go to visit someone outside you take your chairs. I'll generally have 3 setting outside

No extra junk or supplies in our RV. Walmart always close.

Russell
Old 07-14-2016, 10:47 AM   #34
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

In the chair world, the Marketing Oscar for deceptive naming goes to the inventor of the heaviest chair ever forced into an RV storage bin. Now retired and shades of artheritis creaping up we get to curse and cringe every outing as we lift and cram those damn Zero Gravitys.
LCI Ground Control 3.0 4pt + 2pt Elec.Rear stabilizers; 3 Slidecovers; 10ft. Portabote
6000# Dexters; mor/Ryde CRE3000 w/HD Wetbolts; King Dish Tailgater; 5hp Outboard
Dual A/C; Furrion 48 Rear Camera; Champion 3100 Inverter w/Extended Run
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:23 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbillsmith View Post
In the chair world, the Marketing Oscar for deceptive naming goes to the inventor of the heaviest chair ever forced into an RV storage bin. Now retired and shades of artheritis creaping up we get to curse and cringe every outing as we lift and cram those damn Zero Gravitys.
We ditched our 21# chairs as well - try this chair & it's matching footstool - IMHO much more comfortable than the ZG chair, not to mention it weighs 1/2 what the ZG does!

Brown Club Chair - Mac Sports C932S-100 - Folding Chairs - Camping World
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:31 AM   #36

Years ago Ford gave me 2 chairs in 1 bag. Darn things are heavy so I bought 2 which my daughter quickly decided were perfect for her to take to the beach. Wifey decided on 2 large folding rockers from CW that are really comfy but take a lot of space so the bag chairs were removed along with 2 dining chairs from inside. Weight and space are not a problem I just hate to haul what I don't need as stuff gets in the way and needs moved to get at stuff she wants.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:33 AM   #37

Tell her it's the chairs or the alcohol, one of them has to go! Then run like hell.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:36 AM   #38
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
We ditched our 21# chairs as well - try this chair & it's matching footstool - IMHO much more comfortable than the ZG chair, not to mention it weighs 1/2 what the ZG does!
Bought 2 of them about 4 yrs ago and ended up giving them to the youngest boy. We didn't find them as comfortable as our rocking chairs.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:03 PM   #39

Too funny - wow, 4 anti gravity chairs? You must have tons of storage. We carry 2 director type folding chairs that have the trays attached. I like a place to put my plate and many times we camp where there are no tables. We also carry 2 bag chairs, for guests or because you can lounge more in them. After that we figure people will bring their own, sit at a picnic table, steps, etc. Saving that weight and space (we are in a Lexington, not much for basement storage) allows me to bring more SHOES!!!! Much more important than a place to park your seat!!!!

2006 Lexington 283GTS
towing a Harley or a Vue
frogsandhogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 12:04 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post

So how do y'all handle this? Do you carry enough chairs for guests???
nope, that's what they make picnic tables for