Old 12-24-2009, 07:42 AM   #1
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Christmas Memories

What is it that you first remember from Christmas years ago.

For me it's the Lionel train garden we assembled each year for Christmas. Every year from the time I was born until 1984. (we skipped that year only because of building my house) but every year afterward there have always been trains.
Second, would be all the decorations at the house and at church. Our house looked like Christmas City.
Third, the wonderful meals my Mom would prepare. I can smell those pumpkin pies and that turkey.

Most importantly all the hard work my Mom & Dad did to make our Christmas special each year. The older I get the more I appreciate what they gave up and did for me.

Sadly my Mom & Dad & Brother are all with God. I miss them all very much.

May you all have a safe and Merry Christmas and continue to make those memories that stay with you until you leave this earth. Charlie

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:10 PM   #2

For me it was always Christmas Eve with the family, then Christmas morning with my mom and dad followed by the 3 hour drive from Washington down to Oregon to be with my aunt and uncle. My aunt and uncle used to have a small farm outside of Portland and I loved going there. Christmas was always a 3 day event when I was a kid.

Merry Christmas Charlie and to everyone here on the forums. Thanks for the friendship and help over this our first year of FR ownership.

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:06 PM   #3

I remember my first HO train set, I was about 7 years old. It was on a styrefoam set up. One night I had plug the transformer cord in the plug and those days tinsel was made of metal, I plug the cord in with a piece of tinsel stuck to the plug, the next thing I knew a spark jumped out of the wall and the wall turn black and so did my hand.
The other thing I remember is that all of my gifts were rap in white paper with red bows.
I found myself doing some thing special every year for Christmas for my kids so that they will have some thing to remember each year.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:13 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
I remember my first HO train set, I was about 7 years old. It was on a styrefoam set up. One night I had plug the transformer cord in the plug and those days tinsel was made of metal, I plug the cord in with a piece of tinsel stuck to the plug, the next thing I knew a spark jumped out of the wall and the wall turn black and so did my hand.
The other thing I remember is that all of my gifts were rap in white paper with red bows.
I found myself doing some thing special every year for Christmas for my kids so that they will have some thing to remember each year.
My kids will always remember Christmas mornings. My wife wraps small things inside of other boxes so my daughters open 2,3,4 sometimes more boxes to get to the gift. Occasionally the last box has a clue where she hid the gift. Last year when Allison turned 21 she had to open 21 boxes to get to the clue. Retaliation occurred this year. This Christmas my son-in-law made a wooden box and screwed the lid on. Once my wife got a screwdriver and opened the box it was filled with confetti with a gift card taped at the bottom.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
This Christmas my son-in-law made a wooden box and screwed the lid on. Once my wife got a screwdriver and opened the box it was filled with confetti with a gift card taped at the bottom.
Oh I like this one, so devious. I'm gonna have to remember this one to try on my wife...He he he....
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:35 PM   #6
Cardinal 04 31LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
My kids will always remember Christmas mornings. My wife wraps small things inside of other boxes so my daughters open 2,3,4 sometimes more boxes to get to the gift. Occasionally the last box has a clue where she hid the gift. Last year when Allison turned 21 she had to open 21 boxes to get to the clue. Retaliation occurred this year. This Christmas my son-in-law made a wooden box and screwed the lid on. Once my wife got a screwdriver and opened the box it was filled with confetti with a gift card taped at the bottom.
That is so funny!

We have a Christmas breakfast with our family 22 attended this year, 6 were working in emergency services or health care fields. House full of family is always fun!
Oh by the way, we were up at 0430 exchanging gifts becuase my son had to work at 9-1-1 at 0600! It was worth it! I don't mind getting up early!