Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2017, 02:19 PM   #1

Cleveland RV Show

heading to the Great Big Indoor RV show this weekend in Cleveland. I always enjoy seeing what the "engineers" screwed up this year! It's usually electrical or plumbing, but occasionally you see the cabinet door that doesn't open because something else is in the way....Anyway it is still a nice way to spend a cold January afternoon with like minded folks. About 4 more months till camping season start here in the North!

Dave
"I don't often hate, but when I do I prefer to hate the Pittsburgh Steelers!"
David 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:39 PM   #2

Headed to the show in the morning. Taking my dad to see if I can talk him into joining us and his grandkids on some camping adventures now that he's retired. Best place to show him a whole variety of choices!
Dmaster79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:34 PM   #3
3boxerss

It must be that time of year. We are going tomorrow to the Rv and Boat show in Columbus it runs this weekend and the next..
3boxerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:49 AM   #4
Insert witty title here

the DW and I are planning a visit to the Boston RV show which kicks off next Saturday.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 05:17 AM   #5

Wife and I are going to the Tampa RV show next weekend.
KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:02 AM   #6
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Pittsburgh RV show this coming Saturday. And go Steelers!

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:53 AM   #7

So here is what I had observed at the RV show. RV manufactures don't seem interested in weight, they just assume you will go out and get the right truck! That being said there were many 1/2 ton friendly 5th wheelers available. The engineers may have taken a hint from past complaints, I noted that most of the dump valves are conveniently placed at the sidewall of the trailer, you don't have to crawl under to reach them. I also noticed that most manufactures have figured out that electric outlets are needed and functional in the kitchen area. These same manufactures don't believe you need outlets in your bedroom at or near the bedside, so forget about using your favorite air mattress.
I noted that the wheel base on tandem trailers has expanded, in other words the two wheels are are now about 18" or more apart. Speaking of wheels, these trailers are very high off of the ground, three to four steps and the first one is still a huge step up! I noted some trailers have a new step design which folds up inside the door when stored. These steps also available as an after market item and are a beautiful thing and I give 2 thumbs up. These would be great for the elderly and children as they are more like the steps at your home. I did not see nay with railings. The only negative I have heard is that you might bring the dirt inside your trailer when you bring in the stairs. I think it would be worth it.
Many units have installed the "Tall" fridge which gives you about one extra shelf, its a big deal really, DW was very impressed.
Anyway there did not seem to be a lack of deal making going on with the vendors I spoke with, most saying the sales were well above expectations. Dealers were currently "expecting" delivery dates from the manufacture for May of 2017.
One last thing. most of the RV's have chosen to install car radios with CD players/aux inputs instead of the traditional larger units like the Genesis radio. Anyway, there are lots of improvements that were made in making the units more user friendly, and there is certainly an RV available for any budget! Happy Shopping and Safe Camping!

Dave
David 01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show