Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #1

College Spring Break Dates

We're considering going to Ocean Lakes April 14-20th. Anyone know when college spring break is? Anyone been to this campground during spring break? Is it teenager/20 something crazy?

Admins, sorry if this should be somewhere else.
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #2

Those dates would not be college spring break but Easter weekend. They are busy Easter weekend & the week that the grade schools are off. Easter is really late in 2014 and many schools are no longer giving a full week off for grade schools so my best guess is not that bad.... College spring break is usually mid semester. Probably mid March. Yes we have been there but while it is not as busy as Summer it is busy as is all of Myrtle Beach. No its not that bad the only week we avoided ( but it too has gotten better) was biker week. Many business closed that week to avoid the damages. Now there are all kinds of weeks Bike week, Mustang Week, Senior Week when the high school students graduate.....none are all that bad......esp in the campgrounds.......
We have stayed 3 weeks & one weekend this year at Ocean Lakes all seasons are very different......... personally I'd go for it.........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #3

Those dates my kids are off for spring break here in Michigan. But I know it's different everywhere. Thanks for the advice!
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:26 AM   #4
Site Team

Spring break can vary from one school district to another. It might be more uniformed in some areas but not in my area.

I work for a high school in Southern California and we are off for spring break the last week in March and the first week in April. My sister works for another school district within 7 miles of mine and she is off the first week in April. My sister-in-law for a different school district and she will be off March 17-28. And then my two nieces works for another school district and they are off the first week in April. All four school districts fall into a 25 miles or less area. And our local colleges usually have different spring breaks than we do.

Why not call the campground and ask some questions? It wouldn't hurt to know what to expect and they might have a better idea of when the local spring break is.

Good luck and have fun camping!

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #5

Youngstown State University is off 2nd full week of March 10-14! Go Penguins!
David 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Most schools in our area (OH) have varying school spring breaks, because of vacations. If everyone was to take off the same week, people would be denied vacation or businesses would have to close.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:46 PM   #7

For years here all the area (most of Virginia) K-12 schools had the week after Easter off and alot of people in southside VA went to Myrtle Beach. (Virginia Beach is equal distance but.....preference here is Myrtle Beach) Lately the schools are only giving part of Easter week off but some that also depends on snow days. After the kids were grown thought we were away from the school systems but now our DIL teaches in the High School. State law has required schools open after Labor Day unless the school system can show a special need.

Colleges here are a different story & their spring breaks vary and are usually Mid Semester.

When we lived in the mid west it was common to get Good Friday off here instead it is usually Easter Monday that the kids get off.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote