Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
crushor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 229
Come on Spring

Well, hopefully everyone had great holidays.

It is quite apparent to me that I am ready for the start of our second year with our TT. On Christmas Day night as I was battening down the hatches, bringing in slides and so forth as we were expecting a heavy snow...I found myself pulling sleeping bags out and yesterday they were washed and now back in the TT. Hmmm, snow on the ground and I'm ready to go camping...come on Spring
__________________

__________________
2007 Ford F250 4x4 Harley-Davidson Powerstroke
2006 Cedar Creek Silverback - 35 LRLBS
(2012 -11) (2013 - 10 so far)
crushor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 42
Spring can't come soon enough for us too! Our breakfast counter looks out our back window and what do I see each day but our TT covered up, looking sad and lonely . Our first outing is planned for April (to Disney!!), then locally for May, then Assateague in June, (well you get the picture!). I am counting the days until our camping season begins!
__________________

__________________
2010 Rockwood 2607
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 double-cab
kaz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
wyo700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 892
Although I am loving this cold weather cause I love to ice fish. I have to admit i am ready for spring also. I got a new truck and can't wait to hook it up to my toy hauler and go.
__________________
2012 Sandstorm 203slc
2013 Toyota Tundra
Eqil-l-izer hitch,Prodigy P3
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by crushor View Post
Well, hopefully everyone had great holidays.

It is quite apparent to me that I am ready for the start of our second year with our TT. On Christmas Day night as I was battening down the hatches, bringing in slides and so forth as we were expecting a heavy snow...I found myself pulling sleeping bags out and yesterday they were washed and now back in the TT. Hmmm, snow on the ground and I'm ready to go camping...come on Spring
Although Id love to go camping anytime. Could you pleaseeeeee give me atleast 30 more days of winter?
I'd appreciate it!

Turbs
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
trudinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,326
This is what I see when I look outside my kitchen window - my TT covered in snow and ice. Supposed to be 40 degrees here for a couple of days, so the snow will hopefully melt off. But then I'm sure we'll get hit with another storm. It's brutal...seeing it covered in snow and knowing there is still a good 90 days to go until decent camping weather. Ugh.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000808.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	22782   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000809.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	22783  
__________________
2012 Rockwood 8293RKSS
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins Turbodiesel 4x4; 2012 Ford Escape 4x4. 3 very pampered cats.
Days camped: 2011: 61; 2012: 66 Days; 2013: 69;2014: 68 2015: 90 Days camped 2016: 34
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by trudinator View Post
This is what I see when I look outside my kitchen window - my TT covered in snow and ice. Supposed to be 40 degrees here for a couple of days, so the snow will hopefully melt off. But then I'm sure we'll get hit with another storm. It's brutal...seeing it covered in snow and knowing there is still a good 90 days to go until decent camping weather. Ugh.
Just plain jealous!
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Capsfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lancaster TX
Posts: 246
You don't use a cover for the TT , with all that snow
__________________
2009 Rambox crew cab
2012 831 Flagstaff RKSS
2010 jeep Liberty
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Capsfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Big Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 533
I cant wait for spring. I miss camping and getting outside. Three more month's to go here.
__________________
2004 Chevy Avalanche Z66 W/Transmission Cooler
2011 Grey Wolf 28BH
Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Yukon Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northern Manitoba...sigh
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Although Id love to go camping anytime. Could you pleaseeeeee give me atleast 30 more days of winter?
I'd appreciate it!

Turbs
Ahem...

You do realize that there is such a thing as too much of a good thing...?

Only four and a half more months until the ice is out of the lakes...yahoo!...sigh
__________________
2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2012 Flagstaff T10RD
Yukon Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #10
Oklahoma Proud
 
MillerTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: central OK
Posts: 2,775
Yeah, I'm over this teens to 50s weather, looking forward to the 80s and 90s and getting to the lakes!
__________________

__________________
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 AM.