Old 09-21-2007, 01:50 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Hi all,

New Wildcat owner here trying to find out how you can use the concertone to get surround sound from a regular cable hook up.

It works to get audio right from the TV, and the concertone works on surround playing a cd or dvd, but I can't get it to push surround sound from cable channels.

Any thoughts??

huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:21 PM   #2
Welcome You cannot get orange juce out of an apple Unless the signal is being brodcast and received in surround sound you will not get it in surround sound Even a surrond sound signal will not come out that way with out the proper receiver

j2detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 07:25 PM   #3
Send a message via Yahoo to Krudedawg
if im not mistaking, you are getting surround on the cd and dvd players because it is run thru the concertone system. In order for the surround to work for me, I have to use the tv tuner in the concertone system instead of the tv. It works that way for me from the antennae. I have not tried it on a cable hookup. I would assume that the cable signal would have to run thru the concertone system. the only cord i have hooked to the tv is an RCA type video cable that plugs into the wall. running a normal antennae cable from the wall to the tv did not produce the surround sound for me.
hope this helps a bit.
Keith in NC
1999 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 (250,000+ miles)
2006 Flagstaff 831BHSS
Krudedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:50 PM   #4
i use the "aux" display to get sound from the tv , never really wondered about surround.
pretty deaf anyway dnt know if i could tell if it was on or not

but as stated earlier, i can tell a difference if i use the cncerton to tune in channels vice the tv
Living in the Piney Woods of Texas.
powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:47 AM   #5

Im doing the same thing you are trying, but i have satellite. I just hooked up my sat. feed from the dish to the outside line in (outside of trailer) like the cable hookup. I then ran the cable in to my sat reciever at the entertainment center, then to the TV like you would at home. when i want surround for say, CMT. or a good movie, i turn the volume down on the TV and then turn on the concertone to the AUX mode, you have to turn it up to about 20 or so to start to hear it, but IT WORKS !!

2007 Dodge 2500 QC 4x4 LB CTD
2004 Forest River Salem 39FBRB
2005 Kawasaki 700 4x4 ATV
2002 Kawasaki 300 4x4 ATV
2008 Chinese 110CC kids atv

4 Great Kids......
and a wonderful wife of 12 yrs now.....
Could not ask for more
Young Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 06:17 AM   #6
Commercial Member
I'm really thinking that this is a new and different Concertone than what you guys have.

It is an X600 or something like that........there is no TV function in it.

I have figured out that since my LCD TV has no audio outputs to hook into any inputs of the Concertone, I used an old VCR and hooked in through it.

Now I can pull the audio from the VCR, and then get it to feed through the Concertone, by using one of the extra inputs.

I was at Radio Shack looking for an adapter to do that, but at 2 different stores, they don't have anything like that. Basically I need a reverse RF Adapter.

huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote