Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2016, 05:19 PM   #1

Concertone ZX700 replacement.

We own a 2010 Rockwood 8315BSS Signature Ultra Lite, and like many others have experienced less-than-adequate performance from the factory installed ZX700 Radio/Stereo/DVD etc. This unit has been losing functionality little by little over the past couple of seasons, despite several attempts at a factory default reset. This season, it powers up but behaves like it has completely lost it's brain.

So, I decided to replace the ZX700. Wanted something that would physically fit into the same space without a bunch of woodwork involved (finish carpentry is not my strong suit ). I know that the Concertone Genesis that succeeded the ZX are considered to be just as unreliable as the ZX series, so a visit to my nearest Forest River dealer revealed that FR are installing something called an IRV66 in current trailer models which is physically the same size as the ZX series. Got a quote for an IRV66 through the dealer from FR , that when converted to Canadian $ with duty, tax and brokerage included was going to cost me over $700.00 CDN. YIKES !!!

So onto the Internet to do some searching. Found an item called an ELITE EEDV04, which, with a few added features (HDMI, Bluetooth, Infrared and SD card socket) is physically and functionally identical to the ZX700, Genesis and IRV66 units and is completely plug 'n play with the existing trailer wiring, for a landed cost of just under $200.00 CDN. It is so similar to the other units mentioned that, if I was a betting man, I would bet that the same factory built them all !

So, for 200 bucks I was willing to take a chance and order one - arrived in about a week or so, installed easily by just plugging in the various connectors, and so far, all the functions work as expected. YEA !!!

Time will tell if the EEDV04 is more reliable, or just as big a piece of junk as the others, however if it is, I am only out $200.00 instead of about $700.00 for the replacement unit being flogged by Forest River.

...VTX-Al
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:31 PM   #2

Can you give some Info on where you ordered from? Thanks Youroo!!
Old 05-11-2016, 05:45 PM   #3
I go RV'ing not Camping

Yes ordering info for me too please
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:34 PM   #4

Awesome stereo and I replaced my concert one with it too! I had one on my previous camper and was very impressed by its reliability compared to Jenson radio which failed after 2 years of minimal use.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if the this still manufactured. The newest model, the Elite Entertainment EEDV03 can be purchased on Ebay. It differs slightly in dimensions and is only 50 watts versus 200 wats for the EEV02.

You may be able to find an EEDV02 if you look around the 'net.

This vendor had some in stock but is on a sabbatical due to health issues. You may get lucky and get one from them here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/EEDV02-RV-St...-/252166348667
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgourlie View Post
Yes ordering info for me too please
The radio is an EEDV04 - not an EEDV02 or 03. Available on eBay currently: RV Stereo 12 Volt EV Wall Mount Bluetooth CD DVD Player Surround Sound Usps Ship | eBay . That is eBay Canada, also on main eBay (USA) site.

...VTX-Al
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:17 AM   #6

I have the Elite 02 which while different in being larger with more options has been flawless for two full seasons which are 6 months of full time use. And...I have my stereo on 12 hours a day. Not an issue to this point.

Granted I do not play DVD's much as we have satellite but so far no dvd player failures.

Love the sound once I upgraded speakers. Stock concertones where just not good.
shughey00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:56 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTX Al View Post
The radio is an EEDV04 - not an EEDV02 or 03. Available on eBay currently: RV Stereo 12 Volt EV Wall Mount Bluetooth CD DVD Player Surround Sound Usps Ship | eBay . That is eBay Canada, also on main eBay (USA) site.

...VTX-Al
Kind of confusing. Some of the EEDV04 radios are listed as EEV02/04 radios. I don't think the nomenclature is sequential or consistent as per advertised listings. Look at this ebay ad for the stereo I own, it is listed as V02 and V04 RV Stereo 12 Volt EV Wall Mount Bluetooth CD/DVD Player Surround Sound USPS Ship

This importer now lists the V03 as only model of elite stereo that is imported. Elite Entertainment EEDV03 Media Player | Way Interglobal Network, LLC

I really love mine. We use it to play DVDs at night after the camp fire goes out and we stream music almost continuously when we aren't hiking or ATVing. If you do not have a good power converter when using it on generator/shore power, you may get a low hum when using bluetooth for music. The hum quickly disappears when you turn the volume up.

If you want the V02 (also known as V04) style radio and can't find one on the internet since I don't think they are made, the Concert One GT-3.0 Multimedia System is basically identical in capabilities as the Elite V02/V04 but $$$$. The only difference is some buttons are on top of the screen instead of underneath it but basically identical in size and features.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:58 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by shughey00 View Post
I have the Elite 02 which while different in being larger with more options has been flawless for two full seasons which are 6 months of full time use. And...I have my stereo on 12 hours a day. Not an issue to this point.

Granted I do not play DVD's much as we have satellite but so far no dvd player failures.

Love the sound once I upgraded speakers. Stock concertones where just not good.
What speakers did you go to? The stock concertones can't handle the power and bass of mine. THanks!

Tags
concertone, replacement