Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #1

considering purchasing...

Hi All
I'm Erin and I've ben rv-ing for many many years and have recently gotten my parents hooked on the lifestyle as well. They are currently in an Alfa Sun 2004 fifth wheel which has a great and huge living space. The current problem is as they get older they are looking more for a travel trailer so that there won't be any steps on the inside. I've looked at a couple of forest rriver products an am so far impressed with the quality of trailer. When we bought the Alfa we were impressed with the layout and thought that the basement air was a good feature. We found out subsequently that it was not as effecient as it could be and really that the only way to properly cool the unit was to add an ac to the roof of the bedroom. This was/is information that is easily attained from Alfa owners; my question to you all is this: is there such a 'quirk' with Forest River? Not necessarily the AC but anything you'all have found that it would behoove me to be aware of pre purchasing?
So looking forward to your responses,
Erin
edcandiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:13 PM   #2

Erin,

Your question is very open ended, so I am not sure you will get any answers that would really help you make any kind of a decision. FR has many lines and the quality varies sometimes greatly across those lines (Brands), I am sure there are "quirks" with many TT depending on your type of use and idea of what and how a TT's area (lets say kitchen) should function from a movement perspective.

I think you'd get a better discussion if you pick one or two TT and ask for the owners of those units to respond. At least that way you could work through say your top five choices that may meet the needs of your parents, as well as get input from others around their age that maybe using one of the options of TT you had in mind.

Good Luck.
2023 Road Glide ST
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:24 PM   #3

No trailer is perfect, but that is what warranties are for. A good reputable dealer that has positive customer reviews for repairs and such would be one of my top considerations. Hope this helps.
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
1st International F.R.O.G. Rally Branson Missouri
JohnandPandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:42 PM   #4

2011 PALOMINO PUMA 39PFL

Thanks that does help.
And I was just really checking to see if there were any obvious glitches that run across the FR line. (like the acs in the Alfas - all of em) I've worked with this particular dealership before and love their service but at the same time as my parents and I are full timers it's really difficult to need service, no matter how good or cost free.
I appreciate your input
Erin
edcandiano is offline   Reply With Quote