Old 06-19-2015, 09:56 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr View Post
You will love dealing with Forest River. I had a Keystone Everest and email keystone several times most with NO response. I email Prime Time a Forest River Company and I have always received a timely response. Customer service is outstanding at FR and poor at Keystone IMO. Good luck and happy camping.
Hi CLR, since I have only had to deal with my dealer on repairs/warranty issues I have never had to deal directly with Keystone but I have heard that they are not the best. Thanks for your honesty!

Old 06-19-2015, 09:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexnut View Post
We have been Keystone folks too with a Montana 5th, Cougar 5th then a Outback TT bunkhouse (thinking grandkids, etc.). That did not pan out as envisioned so we decided to focus more on ourselves and get something more suitable for travel and ordered a FR Sunseeker MBS 2400R. Drives and maneuvers similar to my Ram crew cab dually. Keystone has been good for us as far as minor issues, but one thing that bothered me more than anything was the fading of the front cap on all three. I love the look (not cost) of the full body paint and hope that solves the fading issue with all the graphics being paint as opposed to decals as well as the 4 coats of clear coat on top that can be waxed.
Hi Hex!

Believe it or not at 10 years our Cougar is just now beginning to fade ( and this in the South Florida sun...just I've been lucky). What we are seeing is the separation on the front of the outer shell to the wood underneath (kind of a bubble affect).

Old 06-19-2015, 11:16 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
A big factor in your decision should be the dealer. The dealer can make your experience very good or very bad.
You are absolutely right Flybob! I would actually be looking to buy this one from the same dealer who sold me the 2 Keystone's.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:12 PM   #14

You will find good and bad about any MGG. We have had 2 FR campers. 1 TT, 1 fifth wheel. Have had 1 great experience and 1 bad experience. So go with your heart and a good dealer

bryanteddie0924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:19 PM   #15

It needs to be said over and over: The dealer is everything. In my opinion the dealer is 50% of the equation. Maybe more.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:20 PM   #16

I am new to Forest River but have nothing but good to say. My dealer was very good and on the first request regarding the barbecue grill that came with our Mini Lite, Forest River voluntarily just sent a complete new grill UPS direct to my home. How can anyone complain about that kind of after sale service.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:26 PM   #17

Location: Full timer,,,at Lake Georgetown in central Texas for the winter.
I'm happy with our Windjammer by Forest River Rockwood. The only complaint I have is trying to get a response out of the factory on getting instructions on how to safely adjust one of our slides. I'm going to try a third time to get a response after even talking to the factory about it.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:40 PM   #18

The dealer is huge but so is the product. Our third fiver was a 2013 Cougar that we bought new and it was a nightmare. We had numerous problems from the get go. These were mostly electrical problems but there were others as well The dealer had a superb service department and that's what probably kept them going as their products seemed pretty questionable. After two years of nothing but headaches we dumped it and got a Cedar Creek Silverback. We've only used it for 10 nights so far but the build quality seems far superior to the Keystone product. That being said, there were certain design features of the old one that we liked. There is no perfect RV

Cheers
6.6 Duramax / Allison 1000
Flatlander49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:09 PM   #19

Three Way Campers in Marietta, GA have been wonderful to deal with so far.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:24 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
It needs to be said over and over: The dealer is everything. In my opinion the dealer is 50% of the equation. Maybe more.
I couldn't agree with you more Evereddie!

Tags
forest river